Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Master
Humility and staying Humble

Hello everyone.

I feel I have been struggling a bit, quite a bit actually, in the ability to remain humble.

I am not speaking about being humble in the presence of God, I find this easier for myself, still a struggle; but easier.

I am speaking of remaining humble in the presence of others.

I was wondering if anyone has any active tips on ways to accomplish this? Or to work on it?

How do you all remain at a place of humbleness and humility if you do?

What are some ways that you work towards this?

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

I would not ask if I didn't consider it important.

Thank you all.
Old 27-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Experiencer

I've never really had a problem with this.. but I think it's mostly because I see myself in everyone else, or see them in myself. Or, maybe some might understand this as 'I know we are all One'. It's like a right handed person saying "I'm better with my right hand"... It doesn't matter who's better, progressed more, richer, better looking... we're all working together, with our own specific skills and detriments, towards a common goal.

I think 'being humble' isn't something you need to strive to accomplish. It should just happen.. or it should simply 'be like that'. If you perceive yourself as being better in most ways, then perhaps it's best that you start looking at why this perspective is important to you. Is there some innate need to prove yourself capable, or more able than other people.. is your drive to improve yourself based on comparison to other people, or an interest in being of service to the world you live in?

Of course there are going to be times when you are better and more knowledgeable than other people. But when in these situations, are you communicating your 'betterness', or trying to improve someone else so they can be better?

These questions are hypothetical.. designed for self-reflection, and I'm not asking that you respond to them in any way. Looking at your own interests and motives is more likely to help you understand why humility is important to you.
Old 27-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Master

Humbleness. Hmmm. I used to think I had a mission. Every time I tried to accomplish something towards that "mission" I got knocked down flat.

I finally realized I'm here just like everyone else, struggling and learning. That dampened my ego. Then I was, like, "Okay, so I'm here just to learn?" Affirmative.

So now I stay low-key and keep my head down and trudge through life the best I can, trying to stay positive, not to become bitter, and consider every new learning experience a lesson learned. Another one under the belt. "Next! Lets move on to the next one."
Old 27-04-2017, 09:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hello everyone.

I feel I have been struggling a bit, quite a bit actually, in the ability to remain humble.

I am not speaking about being humble in the presence of God, I find this easier for myself, still a struggle; but easier.

I was wondering if anyone has any active tips on ways to accomplish this? Or to work on it?

Thank you all.

it is all about not pumping yourself up, not being prideful, not making yourself out as something special.
Old 27-04-2017, 10:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Humbleness. Hmmm. I used to think I had a mission. Every time I tried to accomplish something towards that "mission" I got knocked down flat.

I finally realized I'm here just like everyone else, struggling and learning. That dampened my ego. Then I was, like, "Okay, so I'm here just to learn?" Affirmative.

So now I stay low-key and keep my head down and trudge through life the best I can, trying to stay positive, not to become bitter, and consider every new learning experience a lesson learned. Another one under the belt. "Next! Lets move on to the next one."

I love this.

When embarking on any vision, goal, mission, path ect this is an enormously helpful way to be. I think that it also opens us up to a world of playfulness. Certainly I have noticed as my attitude has changed to one of curiosity and continued learning is that I decided to approach life in a more playful manner.
The realisation that we never stop learning in my experience opens us up to a better flow.
It certainly has helped me on my path not to panic as well for... even if we feel that we have run out of time to perfect a vision... the truth is probably there is still alot left to learn anyway!

This is all quite humbling.

Even the acceptance of the fact that even if we reach the pinacle of our own potential... there is still someone out there who is most likely better than us hahaha. So we may as well just enjoy ourselves... joy is humbling too.
Old 28-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hello everyone.

Thank you all.

We learn through experiences mostly.
I found it to be something cultivated through experiences to clear out and strip me back bare.

Even as this process was painful the depth of emptiness opened the door to "feeling" more connected and grateful for my life.
When your naturally in your own joy of being, there is nothing really attached you as being "better than" "greater than" other people. Being open and clear your just content and at peace with yourself and life. The feeling of humility often reflects the nature of your own limitations, your own failures and the willingness to rise above those more vulnerable aspects that we can hide behind due to our own hurt pride. I found opening up all those more vulnerable and difficult aspects in myself and letting them go, no longer contained by them, supported me to bring humility into being. Not being defined by the mindset, that "life owes me". When you turn this around you can begin to cultivate yourself as a model of humility, because you know life doesn't owe you anything, that the gift of life and having a life is enough. SO you make the most of it and build a deeper sense of gratitude and appreciation for what you are and have, more accepting of what is.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-04-2017, 07:05 AM
Master
To see the truth about yourself also helps you to see the truth about others. Then you will see that, though everybody is unique, nobody is special. We are all in the same boat.

Some practical answers is to remain soft and gentle.
Be thoughtful and slow to answer.
Learnt to listen and listen to learn.