Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 26-04-2017, 11:49 PM
Pathfinder

zero patience!

why do people wish to find their twin flame? it's such a grueling process.
its going to be two years and i have no idea how to lose control. it goes in these waves where i automatically just don't care and pull back then i chase and try to find him and see what he's doing. i feel like I'm losing my mind.

I'm losing myself in him and trying to find myself at the same time. i am trying to grasp him and myself at the same time and then i get scared when I'm face to face to the same person that i hope and long for.

and at the same time i don't know how to let go of everything else that no longer serves me that i have been holding on for so long - job, long term relationship and of course my ego and patterns and everything negative about me.

i don't know how to enjoy this journey. I've enjoyed the amount i learned, what a fascinating and intriguing subject but I'm scared to lose my old self and want the new self but FAST.

i just want to not give a **** about my TF and whats going on his life, how he feels but wish him the best possible life and love that i know his heart deserves but i want to be apart of it so bad and i know NOTHING about him but i know our egos are a clash for sure. all these contradictions.
Old 27-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Knower

I can sympathise, its been 23 years for me, the connection has actually got worse in the sense that on a couple of occasion I have experienced dream telepathy from him, not just a dream, I am the biggest skeptic of all, I could actually feel his presence which I had not felt in a long time, it blew me away. I too go through phases of not feeling it, then feeling it, crying about it, then not caring about it.

My best advice is to busy yourself, don't allow yourself to wallow, keep progressing forwards
Old 27-04-2017, 11:37 PM
Master
When you read info on TFs and follow the weekly Tarot readings by Twinflame Psychic, you'll quickly learn that the biggest challenge in TF relationships is to overcome co-dependency. Something most people (esp women??) have. This is important in any romantic relationship but even more so in a TF one, as a TF relationship cannot be maintained with co-dependency in the mix. I think it can/will even block reunion. No point in reunion when it's not going to work out due to co-dependency.
Finding the healthy border between being/staying connected and not being/becoming co-depended is difficult.
Or rather: going from co-dependency to a healthy connection is difficult.
It's vitally important to stand or your own two feet, have your own happy life up to the point that it doesn't matter whether there's reunion or not, you're happy anyways.
I'm learning to do that, succeeding reasonably well, but it still is hard for me. I've always focused on a relationship, made that the center of my universe and dumped everything that stood in the way of it. To change that old pattern simply isn't easy for me.
I think it's mostly so hard because we still are too focused on reunion, wanting that reunion so much.
For me reunion means longing to be together more often, not 'finally meeting my TF' cos I have met him and we are involved.
I think most ppl want to find their TF because they think it's the ultimate love relationship and it will (finally) bring them happiness. Again co-dependency. You gotta be able to make yourself happy first. Find it within before you can find it with-out.
Old 28-04-2017, 02:20 AM
Master
stop struggling and simply go with the flow.
trust that the universe is a place that intends to bring you your desires.
listen to some Abraham Hicks stuff.
be happy with where you're at, and raise your vibration in that manner,
so as to allow for even better things to come your way as a match for
your (new) level of well-being.
when you connect with your TF you'll want it to be at that more blissful
level of being (which you can achieve on your own) so that you won't
wind up reenacting dramas from past-lives.
Old 28-04-2017, 05:03 AM
Knower

Are you sure this person is a Twin Flame, and not just a karmic connection that you're meant to learn something from? Are you in contact with them?
Old 28-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Ascender

Why do people wish for this? They must have a complete misconception of what it actually is.

I have been in this for 4 years and I can relate to everything you said. Except that for me, it's not about co-dependency or ego. It's about knowing what you could have with someone.
I am still letting go of ego though, and it seems to be a long and painful process.

I can relate to wanting to get close and then getting scared. I got my twin all the way to where he was ready to tell me whatever it was that he was feeling and then, I shut the conversation down, twice. I've also gone months without seeing him, and then hearing his voice and knowing he's in a certain room, and I went the other way. Lol I don't even know why I did that.

I listen to every opinion (and maybe that's my problem, too many opinions in my head), but I honestly don't know what's worse, thinking he's really my twin or thinking tfs don't exist. Thinking that tf and sm don't exist makes me sad and what's worse is thinking what that actually would make this. That thought makes me even more crazier than thinking about tf. And, lately I've just been angry, but that's not just tf, it's everything.

Through all of this I have realized what my mission is, actually, turns out I was doing it all along I just didn't know it. But even my mission is grueling, it's one of those be careful what you wish for situations.

I want to not give a hoot about twin also and I thought about cutting the cords but I'm not saying it would work.
As far as losing yourself, I think it depends on where you started, I am for the most part, the same but I've heard other people saying that they are a completely different person after a spiritual awakening. So I think it just depends.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 28-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgemini
why do people wish to find their twin flame? it's such a grueling process.
its going to be two years and i have no idea how to lose control. it goes in these waves where i automatically just don't care and pull back then i chase and try to find him and see what he's doing. i feel like I'm losing my mind.

I'm losing myself in him and trying to find myself at the same time. i am trying to grasp him and myself at the same time and then i get scared when I'm face to face to the same person that i hope and long for.

and at the same time i don't know how to let go of everything else that no longer serves me that i have been holding on for so long - job, long term relationship and of course my ego and patterns and everything negative about me.

i don't know how to enjoy this journey. I've enjoyed the amount i learned, what a fascinating and intriguing subject but I'm scared to lose my old self and want the new self but FAST.

i just want to not give a **** about my TF and whats going on his life, how he feels but wish him the best possible life and love that i know his heart deserves but i want to be apart of it so bad and i know NOTHING about him but i know our egos are a clash for sure. all these contradictions.

I know what you mean about the longing then when you see them you can barely look at them I get so shy around my twin I can barely look her in the eyes
Old 29-04-2017, 01:51 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophic
Are you sure this person is a Twin Flame, and not just a karmic connection that you're meant to learn something from? Are you in contact with them?

i see him almost everyday but we don't speak, we want to we can feel it but fear sets in whether its him or me.
Old 29-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Master
Quote:
vgemini: why do people wish to find their twin flame?
some see it as "completion", i imagine.
also, people are 'naturally' social creatures and tend towards grouping
up or pairing off.
there's nothing more beloved than love itself, and love exists within
relationships. seeking a holy relationship, in which love can
thrive between whole individuals has been the objective for incarnation
since the beginning of time (as i understand things). Source is unique
and has no peers with which to relate; manifestation has allowed for
relationships to become factual, and the TF relationship is a culmination
of Source relating to Source.
Quote:
vgemini:... i have no idea how to lose control.
have you had control? [i doubt it]
Quote:
vgemini: i feel like I'm losing my mind.
no worries, it won't get far without you.
Quote:
vgemini: I'm losing myself in him and trying to find myself at the same time.
i suggest that you do neither. you might wish to "lose yourself" in the sense
that you surrender your personal attachment to ego identification, but don't
imagine that it's become attached to (or subsumed by) someone else.
[that's just silly]
there's no need for you to go in search of yourself -- you are "here".
Quote:
vgemini: ...and then i get scared when ...
use your power of choice at those moments.
choose to be unafraid.
remember that you'll not want to be gratifying an ego demand in any
actions you take or words you share however.
it is the ego that is the cause for fear. choose to not be motivated by ego.
Quote:
vgemini: i don't know how to let go of everything else that no longer serves me
really? i find that hard to believe. my sense is that those things are already
out of your grasp, and that you take them up again as an excuse to place
limits on yourself (through ego motivations).
Quote:
vgemini: i don't know how to enjoy this journey
listen to your heart. your joy springs forth from within.
Quote:
vgemini: ...but i know our egos are a clash for sure.
"let go of everything else that no longer serves"