Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 26-05-2019, 11:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Maybe if we start eating healthy food the pipes won't be full of fatbergs.

I can only do so much, but if no one else follows my example then what good will it do?
Old 26-05-2019, 11:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I can only do so much, but if no one else follows my example then what good will it do?
Maybe you could expand yourself, re what was mentioned earlier.

Practice kindness towards others without want of return. I'm sure you're already doing that though.
Old 27-05-2019, 02:34 AM
Seeker

Quote:
I don't know how the afterlife works. Some people who've had NDE's return as fundamental religious nutjobs while others become devoted New Agers. How am I supposed to draw any conclusion from that?

I just can't answer any of those questions. You know why? I don't claim to know the ultimate truth and make myself look like some kind of holy prophet or 'ascended' soul.
I'm not looking anymore for "THE ANSWER(S)" or "A TRUTH". Each one of us has their own reality so to me truth is just one of possibilities.

We are souls that are born-die-born-die etc.. Yes, I've seen/see that version and 1000s of variations of it all over the net all the time.
Right now I'm interested in your view of life/afterlife ... how did you constructed that "view". I'm saying constructed because you don't look to me like a believer who will just swallow some **** flying around but someone who will gather parts/facts and make it's own "decision" on what is or isn't (feasible).

"Scientific" approach is that life starts and ends with physical body while spiritual views are more or less that life is endless/everything... Your is in middle ground so I'm interested how that "works".
Old 27-05-2019, 08:09 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpe
I'm not looking anymore for "THE ANSWER(S)" or "A TRUTH". Each one of us has their own reality so to me truth is just one of possibilities.

We are souls that are born-die-born-die etc.. Yes, I've seen/see that version and 1000s of variations of it all over the net all the time.
Right now I'm interested in your view of life/afterlife ... how did you constructed that "view". I'm saying constructed because you don't look to me like a believer who will just swallow some **** flying around but someone who will gather parts/facts and make it's own "decision" on what is or isn't (feasible).

"Scientific" approach is that life starts and ends with physical body while spiritual views are more or less that life is endless/everything... Your is in middle ground so I'm interested how that "works".

Although I don't believe in god and angels, the afterlife is still a possibility for me because we understand so little about it, even when scientists claim that NDEs are all hallucinations. Many who've had NDEs change for the better, and you don't just suddenly become a different person thanks to some hallucination. However, there may actually be cases where NDEs are hallucinations, but we just have to separate the hallucinations from the real experiences.

I've read many NDEs and that tells me that there is at least something that lives on after physical death. But the thing that still bothers me without end is to why a select few people have fundamental Christian-type NDEs involving a wrathful angry god, demons, and hell, whereas most people tend to have NDEs that are different or at least a combination of various religions. I don't know what I am supposed to do with all the information I gathered about the afterlife.

As for god, he/she appears in different ways. Sometimes as a wrathful entity hellbent on punishing sinners, sometimes as a kind and all-loving being that doesn't Judge anyone. Either god exists and likes to pull jokes on us, or he simply doesn't exist and is the imaginary part of a near death experience.

I hope things cleared up for you as to why I found my place in the 'middle ground' as you describe it.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Maybe you could expand yourself, re what was mentioned earlier.

Practice kindness towards others without want of return. I'm sure you're already doing that though.

What do you mean with expanding myself, though? Everyone I encounter is too much obsessed with themselves and their cellphones, and I prefer not to interact with such people for obvious reasons. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:33 AM
Master
Quote:
But the thing that still bothers me without end is to why a select few people have fundamental Christian-type NDEs involving a wrathful angry god, demons, and hell, whereas most people tend to have NDEs that are different or at least a combination of various religions. I don't know what I am supposed to do with all the information I gathered about the afterlife.

My opinion of the negative experiences is that the ego (shadow self) has some involvement in it. Also, when the pleasant type Jesus experiences occur, it may be a way to convey the message so the person can relate and understand it easier. Although, again could be ego involvement.

There's a film called Contact from 1997 with Jodie Foster in. It has a scene where the character goes through a worm hole and ends up in Pensacola Florida, speaking with her deaseased father. It was just a way to communicate the message to her, in a way that was familiar. A good film btw.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:42 AM
Master
Quote:
What do you mean with expanding myself, though? Everyone I encounter is too much obsessed with themselves and their cellphones, and I prefer not to interact with such people for obvious reasons. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.

Yes, lol, some seem way too distracted to be helped, but look around you, there are others not so consumed. Interact with those first. There are lots of lost people out there.

Honestly, you aren't a bad person, just someone that isn't going to And I don't blame you either.

Expanding yourself re your positive attributes. You still haven't personally mentioned those btw.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Yes, lol, some seem way too distracted to be helped, but look around you, there are others not so consumed. Interact with those first. There are lots of lost people out there.

Honestly, you aren't a bad person, just someone that isn't going to And I don't blame you either.

Expanding yourself re your positive attributes. You still haven't personally mentioned those btw.

My bad, I got so many replies that I didn't get to answer your question in the other thread... As for my positive attribute, I'm just averagely decent and treat everyone the same way they treat me. Not sure if it's something positive, but I'm extremely self-reflective and always end up apologising to everyone the day after getting drunk while I didn't do anything wrong at all.

I also like about myself that I'm able to politely discuss things with others that would usually cause fights such as politics and religion. Although there's always that one annoying person that feels the need to raise his voice to make it look like he is right, but I suppose that cannot be helped.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:39 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
My opinion of the negative experiences is that the ego (shadow self) has some involvement in it. Also, when the pleasant type Jesus experiences occur, it may be a way to convey the message so the person can relate and understand it easier. Although, again could be ego involvement.

There's a film called Contact from 1997 with Jodie Foster in. It has a scene where the character goes through a worm hole and ends up in Pensacola Florida, speaking with her deaseased father. It was just a way to communicate the message to her, in a way that was familiar. A good film btw.

How is the shadow self involved with unpleasant NDEs? Have you ever met someone who had an NDE and is able to confirm that? If so, that would be very interesting.
Old 27-05-2019, 10:42 AM
Master
Quote:
My bad, I got so many replies that I didn't get to answer your question in the other thread... As for my positive attribute, I'm just averagely decent and treat everyone the same way they treat me. Not sure if it's something positive, but I'm extremely self-reflective and always end up apologising to everyone the day after getting drunk while I didn't do anything wrong at all.

I also like about myself that I'm able to politely discuss things with others that would usually cause fights such as politics and religion. Although there's always that one annoying person that feels the need to raise his voice to make it look like he is right, but I suppose that cannot be helped.

That's ok. When you say you treat others the way they treat you. Maybe you should show them how it's done. Self reflection is a good quality. You sound caring too, by apologising like that. You just want to make sure you haven't upset anyone. Also, when we make fools of ourselves, which we all do, we need to learn to laugh at ourselves.

A good negotiator, this is getting even better yes, they'll always be at least one that needs to raise their voice. This is where developing patience comes in useful.

Calmness and understanding of others shortcomings you are also aware of.

This is a fantastic amount of great attributes so far.