Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 28-04-2019, 10:06 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
and of course if you take suppositions like that too seriously, you've committed exactly the same thing you are railing against

Yes so true. There is only this new empty now moment, well new if we don't bring mental projections and the "past" into it. And only empty if we don't bring ourselves into it....
Quote:
However, the moment you try to know this state, you have already effected a separation from it. Don’t ask its name, don’t measure its foundation—it’s the spontaneous life of each being. (ch. 11; Mair 1994, 99; Watson 1968, 122
Old 29-04-2019, 02:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
Yes so true. There is only this new empty now moment, well new if we don't bring mental projections and the "past" into it. And only empty if we don't bring ourselves into it....

while it is true that you can 'empty' a glass, it is also true that once it is empty of whatever you don't want any more you can put 'wine' into it. Personally I like the idea commonly brought up, of becoming like a little child.. because it at once symbolizes not having all the junk we accumulate on the way to adulthood, and yet being able to learn anew.
Old 30-04-2019, 09:56 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
I followed the quotes and teachers you posted and have been reading where they led. Lot's of good stuff.

From the Heart of Daoist Meditation:

But if we go back and look at originally what is taught in the Laozi and Zhuangzi, everything is meditation—walking, sitting, standing—and when we begin to realize this, then that is true meditation. There is no longer a distinction between non-meditation and meditation. (Shi 2007, 8).

As Shi Jing says: Zuowang is to sit and forget. What we forget is the thing we hold most dearly: self, with all its opinions, beliefs, and ideals. We can be so caught up in the concept of self that we only see the world as a place to fulfill personal ambition and desire. (2006, 11; see also Rinaldini 2009, 187)

http://albanycomplementaryhealth.com...meditation.pdf

Could not agree more. Meditation was the key for me. Going within and listening. Many self discoveries through meditation practice over time. I began to shift where I could be conscious in the moment and recognize the past playing out in my life in real time and have the consciousness to know it in the moment. Seize these moments of 'Observation' and use them as intended. Thanks. Brian
Old 30-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
while it is true that you can 'empty' a glass, it is also true that once it is empty of whatever you don't want any more you can put 'wine' into it. Personally I like the idea commonly brought up, of becoming like a little child.. because it at once symbolizes not having all the junk we accumulate on the way to adulthood, and yet being able to learn anew.

These unresolved experiences, travel with us from one physical life time to the next and so one. I believe it is what the Mao-Shan refer to as "embryonic knots." If we continue to sleep walk we just add more of these experiences, but if we practice meditation, we can have the moments of 'Observation' and discover and heal them.

The Taoist have a tool I refer to as The Emotional compass we can use to heal them. We can transmute and change the energy forever. Thanks. Brian