Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 02-08-2016, 01:48 AM
Pathfinder
How was your first meditation and or astral travel??

I never have meditated, as i have really bad adhd, and my mind is literally like a tv that is changing channel every minute or 2!
Yup, seriously fustrating! LOL

I never have tooken adhd medication, nor will i ever will!
But if u know any good natural remedies/herbs for adhd from personal expirience, plz let me know!
I know about some good stuff, but im always open to learn more! :)

Anyhow, getting back on topic, i really wanna meditate, but somehow ive never come accross it, id also like to start to channel w the pleiedians, , and maybe astral travel, even if at times it still scares me a bit! (i am a quite fearful person, due to stuff that happened in my life, but its always getting better).

How where ur expiriences? did u have bad or scary expiriences?!
or only good ones?
do u meditated daily??
how many benefits have u found doing so??

I have tried several times in the past, but a few seconds down the road, and im thinking about what to make for dinner, what to buy tmrw, etc..! meh! LOL

so i just gave up a long time ago!
many ppl that do not have adhd don't really underatnd the struggle, but somehow i feel that when ill start doing it and see how it makes me feel better, i wont have this "initial blocking" to start it..
any tips and motivation to get me started are welcome! LOL

Much love beautiful souls!! :)
Old 02-08-2016, 02:07 AM
Master

I loved it,
In the beginning it was more of a relaxing thing.
When I did guided meditations , I tried to follow exactly what was instructed..
After a while and thru repetitious practice I really started to get deep into it.
But don't expect results every time.
Some items you have experiences sometimes you don't.
It's like when you fall asleep everynight.
Sometimes you dream Nothing, sometimes you dream something and sometimes you experience a vision...
I love it, got me through some rough times
Old 02-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Master
Stella91 sounds like your mind is like mine. Can you think on multiple subjects and switch easily between them? Or have issues sometimes thinking on just 1 to get something done?

If so then you might want to try listening to meditation music in headphones.
I find it helps quiet my mind down. There is another thing that helps but, that isn't for everybody.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:12 AM
Master
MY first meditation my mind was flooded with voices and to do list that was so long that I could not shut up for a minute and my body was uncomfortable. It took me a few weeks to learn to quiet down and be still and I started to enjoy it and look forward.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:10 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by khallianen
Stella91 sounds like your mind is like mine. Can you think on multiple subjects and switch easily between them? Or have issues sometimes thinking on just 1 to get something done?

If so then you might want to try listening to meditation music in headphones.
I find it helps quiet my mind down. There is another thing that helps but, that isn't for everybody.

___
hey, thanks for ur reply!
i can easily think of many many things in a short time, but often this is exausting to my mind and body, and yes i def get lost easy with, oh soo many things, lol!
yes, binaural beats should be great, what is the other thing? feel free to message me if u want! much love! <3
Old 03-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella91
___
hey, thanks for ur reply!
i can easily think of many many things in a short time, but often this is exausting to my mind and body, and yes i def get lost easy with, oh soo many things, lol!
yes, binaural beats should be great, what is the other thing? feel free to message me if u want! much love! <3

Hi Stella91

My advice would be to start to meditate for 5 mins at a time and increase when it gets easier. Your first thing you should do is try to make a habit of meditating every day and try at the same time of the day morning and afternoon/evening is best, one or twice a day. That should be your first goal.

First you wont get any results till everyday adds up to about 11 hours of consistent meditation, then you should start to feel some results but it could depend from person to person. Try not to have any expectations at first and know it will help you in the long run, i promise you it will and will be worth your while!!!

I would also start with guided meditations from youtube but i would recommend breathing or mantra meditation, which one of those two is easier for you. If you can try breathing meditation is the best one to start i believe(learn from my mistake and breathing should be you first practice, mistake no.1)

Also, i would stick to one and not jump around from one meditation to another(mistake no.2)

During the meditation you will get allot of distractions like thought, body sensation and other stuff but is okay, just allow,allow and allow them(mistake no.3, i tried to stop my thoughts) to be there and don't try to stop them they are just more distracting thoughts!

That is the point of meditation is that you will be distracted cause that's what minds do and to came back to the breath, it's the practice of doing that, that is very important!!! You are working your mind muscle.

The thought that you can't meditate and it's not for you, is one you will get more than ones but it's just another thought, allow it like i said above and release it by going back to the breath.
For me meditation anybody can do it, it's like picking up weights(the exercise of doing it) to build muscle, you cant say you cant do it cause you can do the exercise(start small weights first and then go bigger). You just need to pick the weights up and do the exercises. The practice of picking up weights consistently that's the key to build muscle and the same with meditation it's the practice of allowing what is...the sitting there trying to allow thoughts or what ever and release them by returning and concentrating on the breath, that's meditation to me at the beginning stages.

The only way you can't meditate is if you don't sit there and try. If you sit there and only get it right ones to realize the thought is a distraction and come back to breath you done well and if you can't it also okay but you will get it right by just sitting there and putting the effort in, even for 5 mins

It's all about baby steps at first and then we go from there.The practice of it is important and not the getting it right is okay cause you will get it right eventually. I also have allot of issues and if i can get it right anybody can.

Sorry if it's confusing but i tried my best and if you have any questions you are more than welcome to ask :)
Best of luck
Old 05-08-2016, 12:37 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi Stella91

My advice would be to start to meditate for 5 mins at a time and increase when it gets easier. Your first thing you should do is try to make a habit of meditating every day and try at the same time of the day morning and afternoon/evening is best, one or twice a day. That should be your first goal.

First you wont get any results till everyday adds up to about 11 hours of consistent meditation, then you should start to feel some results but it could depend from person to person. Try not to have any expectations at first and know it will help you in the long run, i promise you it will and will be worth your while!!!

I would also start with guided meditations from youtube but i would recommend breathing or mantra meditation, which one of those two is easier for you. If you can try breathing meditation is the best one to start i believe(learn from my mistake and breathing should be you first practice, mistake no.1)

Also, i would stick to one and not jump around from one meditation to another(mistake no.2)

During the meditation you will get allot of distractions like thought, body sensation and other stuff but is okay, just allow,allow and allow them(mistake no.3, i tried to stop my thoughts) to be there and don't try to stop them they are just more distracting thoughts!

That is the point of meditation is that you will be distracted cause that's what minds do and to came back to the breath, it's the practice of doing that, that is very important!!! You are working your mind muscle.

The thought that you can't meditate and it's not for you, is one you will get more than ones but it's just another thought, allow it like i said above and release it by going back to the breath.
For me meditation anybody can do it, it's like picking up weights(the exercise of doing it) to build muscle, you cant say you cant do it cause you can do the exercise(start small weights first and then go bigger). You just need to pick the weights up and do the exercises. The practice of picking up weights consistently that's the key to build muscle and the same with meditation it's the practice of allowing what is...the sitting there trying to allow thoughts or what ever and release them by returning and concentrating on the breath, that's meditation to me at the beginning stages.

The only way you can't meditate is if you don't sit there and try. If you sit there and only get it right ones to realize the thought is a distraction and come back to breath you done well and if you can't it also okay but you will get it right by just sitting there and putting the effort in, even for 5 mins

It's all about baby steps at first and then we go from there.The practice of it is important and not the getting it right is okay cause you will get it right eventually. I also have allot of issues and if i can get it right anybody can.

Sorry if it's confusing but i tried my best and if you have any questions you are more than welcome to ask :)
Best of luck

Wow! thanks a lot for your reply, very helpful, i will try! :)
Old 05-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Master
I wish you the best and good times
Old 13-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Actually nothing BIG happened first time i meditated, lol
Old 16-08-2016, 01:14 AM
Master

I suggest to try it for 20 mins a day, 5 mins doesnt really give the mind enough chance to slow down with beginners. Just focus on one thing only and try to hold focus there eg you could choose to observe your breathing or to focus on your third eye area or on a candle flame. It doesnt matter what you choose to meditate on, just choose one thing to focus on.

Quote:
I have tried several times in the past, but a few seconds down the road, and im thinking about what to make for dinner, what to buy tmrw, etc..! meh! LOL

that is completely normal for most people. Its a practice thing. Keep trying (just bring your focus back on whatever you are choosing to focus on, dont get annoyed about your mind wandering) and you will end up learning how to go into meditation states.

there is no set time for results. Some learn how to meditate well faster then others.