Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 21-05-2019, 06:52 PM
Knower

No dream - blank period lack of awareness

Hi
Most of the time when I sleep, I don't have dreams and rarely if I have they relate to my life issues. I go to sleep and then I wake up, the last thing remembering that I went to sleep, not being aware. Why do you think this happens, and is death the same blank period without awareness?
Old 21-05-2019, 08:54 PM
Yaoughta

Not dreaming can happen for many different reasons and nobody can truly answer your second question. They could only offer their opinion of what they believe death to be like.

There is a difference between truly not dreaming and simply not remembering your dreams. Everything you experience in life is tied to everything else and as you have an effect on what you give your attention, the greater whole has on you. For example, there are cycles of natural life and seasons and these things hold true for all life, including you. For the most part, as long as you're able to sleep, you'll continue to dream whether you recall them or not. It is easier and far more likely to recall your dreams in the winter and spring months than summer or fall. That is not to say that you stop dreaming in the summer and fall months, just that you may have fewer dreams that you recall with any sort of detail.

You feel that you're not dreaming, but that is rather unlikely. What is more likely is that you simply are not recalling your dreams. This could be for many different reasons, some of which I will list below:

1. Medications/Prescriptions
2. Irregular sleep habits
3. Contentment/bliss
4. Alcohol/Drug use
5. Sleep disorders
6. Age
7. Health issues
8. Diet
9. Thoughts/Beliefs
10. Unfocused/Distracted energy or being apathetic

If you truly wish to dream and remember your dreams with greater detail, intend to dream and intend to remember your dreams. By just doing that, you should improve recall.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
Hi
Most of the time when I sleep, I don't have dreams and rarely if I have they relate to my life issues. I go to sleep and then I wake up, the last thing remembering that I went to sleep, not being aware. Why do you think this happens, and is death the same blank period without awareness?
Repeat to yourself calmly, slowly, meaning it, while you're falling a asleep: I will fully remember my dreams when I wake up ... I will fully remember my dreams when I wake up ... I will fully remember my dreams when I wake up ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-05-2019, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Hi

freebird, it is very common to have dreams relating to life issues, or things done/experienced in the day. I have many many dreams like that. I would say that's pretty normal.

And not remembering....that is very often to do with what phase of sleep you wake up in.
Try getting a really broken night's sleep, or sleeping a little shorter or longer time than usual. Dreams are often remembered then.

All dreams have SOME kind of meaning, but only a small percentage are "deep"/spiritual/or teaching in quality. Mostly it's the mind, processing stuff you focus on during the day.
Old 22-05-2019, 10:10 PM
Ascender
Everybody dreams. Try taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon, or at time when you're normally awake. That's when you get some really crazy dreams.
Old 24-05-2019, 08:10 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Hi

I don't commonly remember my dreams either, although I know I have them. However, when I do remember a dream it generally represents a eureka moment for something that has been troubling me in my life. I expect my subconscious mind is playing with metaphors in my dreams every night, trying to understand the events, troubles, decision to be made, etc... in my life. But it is only when it feels it has a reasonable answer that it holds onto it long enough for me to remember that dream. When this happens, the metaphors in the dream are generally easy to relate back to answers in my waking life. I suppose it is kind of efficient that way, only bothers me when it thinks the task is completed. Yet it leaves me wanting to remember all of my dreams thinking I am going to get lots of great insights and info....but I expect most would just be confusing rambling if I did... so probably for the best.