Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 05-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Guide

Wounded wrist with teeth inside arm

I had numerous cuts across my body and face. Then, a single wound on the lower end of my wrist became the focus. I entered the bathroom where the wound, upon moving my arm, expanded in size, revealing an opening. I quickly held my arm up in the air in an attempt to help myself. In doing so, the wound closed up.

I repeated more of the same, moving my arm before raising it back up into a still position. Each time, movement expanded the wound, at one point allowing me to see deep within my arm where I noticed a bottom row of teeth. Quickly raising my arm, the wound would again close and this time shrink down to a very small cut. There was at that point a remark by somebody about the circulation being gone in my arm, before I entered the busy living room to ask if somebody could drive me to the hospital.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:31 PM
Knower

Oh My. I will to give it a try. It feels like you are going though a bad moment, some suffering has come to surface, some other is not. Perhaps something to do with your identity and the way you interact with others (wounds on your face.) The pain is there with you, it seems that in your waking life you are applying temporary solutions that ease the issue but do not end it (your sensible raising of the arm up to stop the bleeding.) It's like you know that if you carry on like this you will get exhaustion and finish off your resources (blood circulation has stopped.) Besides, this painful issue may have some "external" cause, as in it's been generated by somebody else (the teeth, clearly.) Maybe someone in your life is being aggressive to you, even though you have realised that you're hurt you are still letting them. When at the end of the dream you go to the "busy living room" asking for help, it strikes me as if you want to get help from others but either you think they're too busy or you fear disturbing them.
I hope this helps some and if it's rubbish please ignore. My best wishes to you
Old 05-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Guide

Bless you for the interpretation, Rachella. :)

Generally, I am able to interpret my own dreams, but this one had me stumped. I'd say your thoughts sound in line and you're on to something. Everything from things coming a surface to what feels like temporary solutions. Asking for help in the living room did create a feeling of intrusion, that I would be bothering everybody (they were mostly relatives), and most of them didn't seem to care. I didn't add that the relatives who did agree to drive me decided they would take me to a different hospital that was further away. I also didn't add that there was a scene at the hospital involving a man playing guitar and singing a song. I wrote down the lyrics but eventually deleted them and cannot remember them. It was something about now being the time to be yourself.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the teeth. They were facing out of the wound, perhaps suggesting it's more about me than others. I feel like they might have something to do with self-expression or me being vocal in some way or even needing to be careful with my own words. I'm not certain, of course. An open wound with teeth surely can't be an ideal mix. Seeing the teeth was something I perceived as bad in the dream (like seeing bone in general through a wound), causing me to rush my arm back into the raised position. Funnily enough, raising one's arm only now reminds me of when someone raises an arm, such as a child in school, to request attention.

Thanks Rachella!
Old 05-05-2019, 09:33 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dragon
Bless you for the interpretation, Rachella. :)

Generally, I am able to interpret my own dreams, but this one had me stumped. I'd say your thoughts sound in line and you're on to something. Everything from things coming a surface to what feels like temporary solutions. Asking for help in the living room did create a feeling of intrusion, that I would be bothering everybody (they were mostly relatives), and most of them didn't seem to care. I didn't add that the relatives who did agree to drive me decided they would take me to a different hospital that was further away. I also didn't add that there was a scene at the hospital involving a man playing guitar and singing a song. I wrote down the lyrics but eventually deleted them and cannot remember them. It was something about now being the time to be yourself.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the teeth. They were facing out of the wound, perhaps suggesting it's more about me than others. I feel like they might have something to do with self-expression or me being vocal in some way or even needing to be careful with my own words. I'm not certain, of course. An open wound with teeth surely can't be an ideal mix. Seeing the teeth was something I perceived as bad in the dream (like seeing bone in general through a wound), causing me to rush my arm back into the raised position. Funnily enough, raising one's arm only now reminds me of when someone raises an arm, such as a child in school, to request attention.

Thanks Rachella!
Yes definitely, a request of attention. Some dreams are disgusting, scary and gross to say the least, they need to be so in order to catch our conscious attention (again!) It's very interesting the part of the singing man with a guitar. Once I had this dream where I was performing in a musical with other people and we were singing "You choose your own life". You don't remember the exact lyrics of your dream's song, but still you got the message.
Sometimes with dreams of this sort I too feel stumped, with our own dreams it's always tricky. When I go back to read them on my journal after weeks or months I can see more clearly into them. Keep strong and hang in there
Old 06-05-2019, 04:40 AM
Knower
What kind of teeth did they seem to be? Human, shark, alligator, wolf....?
Old 10-05-2019, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
I will just add that you may be doing a good job giving attention to the wound itself, attention to the hurt but are maybe failing to address what's underneath, the teeth or maybe other people's biting remarks. When we only focus on healing how we feel we only apply a temporary fix. We need to also work on the thinking that leaves us vulnerable in the first place. If you care less about how others perceive you then they won't hurt your feelings with biting remarks. Once you start to define yourself on your terms and by your opinion and no one else, then you will be free to be your authentic unapologetic wonderful self. Hugs
Old 12-05-2019, 02:30 AM
Guide

@edithaint A bit of a late response from me but they were human teeth (just the bottom row).

@Michelle Thank you for the additional insight and a perspective I hadn't considered. It's a good point that this may refer to attention given to the surface rather than the deeper matters. I'll add that seeing the teeth immediately insighted a fear response, that I was going too deep and therefore exposing or revealing something that I shouldn't be, and therefore rushed back into position to again heal the wound. Interesting that the bottom row of teeth could also represent something that is below or underneath.
Old 24-05-2019, 08:55 PM
ketzer

A slit on the wrist immediately brings to mind suicide to me. The teeth deep in the wound brings up something eating you from the inside.
Keeping your wounds held high and closed up represents not allowing yourself or your insensitive relatives to see that you are wounded, but it is also suppressing your circulation of blood which represents suppression of your feelings. Also, when you raise your arm for attention, the wounds close up and they cant see you are wounded. Finally, a song about being the time to be yourself, makes me think you don't feel you can be yourself.

Add that all up and it sounds like you don't feel like you can be your true self, your relatives don't seem to care much and can't see you are wounded, perhaps because you don't let them see your wounded self when you are down, and suppressing all this is making you feel like you are being eaten out from the inside, by yourself, and this is slowly killing your true self.