Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 31-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Pathfinder

Me and Horoscope don't equal

I have been into Horoscopes all my life and like to read them.
I am a Scorpio.But No Horoscope for me has ever had anything to do with me.And none of them have ever even been about me at all.Why is this?
Old 31-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Greybeard

Because you think "horoscope" means what you read in the daily paper, or in some very general book about astrology written by some hack whose sole purpose is to make money by catering to the superstitious and gullible.

If you will cast your own personal horoscope, for your exact time and place of birth, you will find that it provides an intimate and profound portrait of you.
Old 31-03-2012, 06:36 AM
Pathfinder

Thanks Greybeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard
Because you think "horoscope" means what you read in the daily paper, or in some very general book about astrology written by some hack whose sole purpose is to make money by catering to the superstitious and gullible.

If you will cast your own personal horoscope, for your exact time and place of birth, you will find that it provides an intimate and profound portrait of you.

yes,
You are correct about this.
I will try what you said.
Old 31-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Greybeard

You aren't going to be able to interpret your own chart.

For starters try www.cafeastrology.com and get their free computer-generated horoscope reading. Their readings are reasonably accurate, although only a skilled "real-person" astrologer can give you a fully accurate reading.
Old 31-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Arcadia

Goldenstairs, average horoscopes found in papers or even some sites are compiled basing solely on the sun sign, which provides a very generic and not so accurate picture. Equally influential as the sun sign, if not even more, are also other elements of a person's birth configuration such as, to name the first ones that cross my mind, ascendant, and MC. For instance, I could tell you that many astrologers recommend to also read the horoscope for one's rising sign/ascendant, beside that of the sun sign.
That being said, everyone has the potential to develop decent astrological skills, at least at a basic level. It just takes patience, empathy, perseverance, a strong spiritual predisposition and reliable sources.
Old 31-03-2012, 09:16 AM
MorningMist

I agree with Greybeard.

Even running your birth time, date and place through a generator, only spits out 'raw' aspects.

It takes a gifted astrologer to look at all of your aspects as a combined whole, and synthesize them into a more accurate portrait.

Hugs
MM
Old 31-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Pathfinder

Good information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningMist
I agree with Greybeard.

Even running your birth time, date and place through a generator, only spits out 'raw' aspects.

It takes a gifted astrologer to look at all of your aspects as a combined whole, and synthesize them into a more accurate portrait.

Hugs
MM

Thanks a lot.
Old 13-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Master
so Goldenstairs? what have you learned?