Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 28-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Master

I've never heard of aquafaba before. I'll have to look into that.

Regarding the custard. Did you use cornstarch in it? I think of a Flan which is Spanish and similar to a custard. I haven't had custard in years. I gravitate towards cakes and cookies. But a simple custard does sound yummy about right now.

Yes, there are things I miss regarding corn. Cornbread and corn on the cob, but that can't be helped. It is what it is.

I was thinking: you said you couldn't eat canned (tinned) tomatoes. American canned tomatoes have citric acid in them which is made from corn. Can you eat fresh tomatoes?

I agree, "overall it's all going well." I never thought I'd ever get to where I am today. To feel normal most of the time. What a ride!
Old 28-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Master
Aquafaba is the water left after boiling chickpeas and white beans, it can be used to make meringues and mayonnaise, instead of using eggs

It's raw tomatoes too

Lol, normal, I like it, I like it a lot,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 11-09-2016, 11:45 PM
Master

I've had a stuffed up nose since I self-diagnosed myself with corn intolerance. I use a nasal spray to keep my sinuses clear. Doctors tell me I can't do that, but I really have no choice since all of the medications they prescribe/recommend contain corn so they defeat the purpose.

There has been such an overwhelming learning curve that I had so I had to put the the nose on a back burner until now. With my meds sorted out the only thing left is the nose.

So I experimented. I was pretty sure my nose was stuffing up because of things I was inhaling, but what? I started with the duck food that I deal with every day.

The first day I inhaled deeply as I poured the grain into the feeders. I stuffed up, horribly. Second day I used a paper face mask, breathing in normally as I poured the grain. Same results. Third day I held my breath while pouring the grain. I was noticeably less stuffed up. So I invested in a good mask respirator. Similar to the paper mask but this has silicone on the edges to give me a tight fit around my nose and mouth and 2 filters that have to be changed occasionally. This respirator will filter out 99.97% of the dust. I used it for the first time this morning and had positive results. Yes, I still had to use the nose spray to unstop my sinuses but only about half of what I have been using on a daily basis.

How to eliminate having to use the nose spray completely? I don't know if that is possible.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Gryneos

Aquafaba (AF) is amazing stuff! I've made meringue cookies with it, as well as used it to replace eggs in a cake and in cookies. One of the best places online to find out more and to get recipes is a FB group called "Vegan Meringues - Hits and Misses!" If you want a link to it, I'll post it
Old 12-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Master

Thanks Grynoes. I'll look it up myself on FB.
Old 22-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Master

Still dealing with the nose problem. I'm back up to using nasal spray 6-7 times a day even though I use the respirator mask when dealing with the duck food.
Like I said in the previous post, I don't know if it's possible to get it completely cleared up.

I've read of other people who have this same problem due to allergies and food intolerances. Some use a nasal sinus irrigation system a couple of times a day. It's similar to the idea of a neti pot but with a motor pushing the water through the sinuses for some serious cleansing. So I have ordered one and will give it a try when it arrives.
Old 30-09-2016, 06:00 AM
Guide

Let alone that most corn is GMO
Old 01-10-2016, 01:57 PM
Master

Yes, Jared, all corn (unless you buy the Indian corn/maize) is genetically modified.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Master

Still having trouble getting prescription drugs that don't have corn in it. I thought I made myself clear to my pharmacist (the third one I've gone through) and he filled a new prescription from a different manufacturer this afternoon. I figured well he must know what he's doing (dummy me). I took my first dose today and had a horrible reaction. I checked online and one of the inactive ingredients is cornstarch. He should have caught that.

Long story short this afternoon he gave me same drug from a different manufacturer for me to try. I checked ingredients online and it appears to be okay. But I can't try it until tomorrow since I have just taken these other drugs. Now I just have to get through the next 24 hours until I can get this corn out of my system.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Master

FYI, to add to the post about GMO corn. If it's yellow corn it's genetically modified.