Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-05-2019, 10:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
There is much talk about the development of the spirit, and many of us feel our souls are evolving toward something or some state that is "higher" than what/where we are now.

Do you feel your soul/spirit/consciousness is evolving toward something?

Yes

Where and when did it start?

When my soul was born/created

How long has it been evolving?

Since I was born/created

What is its destination?

Back to the Source, whatever/where ever that is

How much longer might it take to get there?

As long as it takes to learn everything I need to

What will it do once it reaches its destination?

I will have achieved my ultimate goal: all my questions, answered and understood.

For extra credit: What's taking you so long?

It's not. I'm right on time.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:37 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
It's not. I'm right on time.

Well, I was only kidding, but I do appreciate your answers.

The questions I posed all get at the central problem with viewing spirituality and the life experience though the concepts of time and evolution of the soul.
Or perhaps more generally, the why question of life, just what is the point of this life if indeed it has one at all. While I still generally favor the concept of the evolution and growth of the soul, the concept tends to breakdown logically in the context of eternity. There are many other answers as to why we are here, but none of them are any better, and many are much less satisfying when we look at the suffering involved in most lives. At present, it remains for me a matter of faith that there is a point to enduring the hardships of life, and I like to think there is some cheese at the end of this maze as well. So yes, I think those answers are pretty much in line with my thinking, though in the end I concede that logically, the answer to "why life" remains a mystery.
Old 23-05-2019, 02:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
There is much talk about the development of the spirit, and many of us feel our souls are evolving toward something or some state that is "higher" than what/where we are now.

Do you feel your soul/spirit/consciousness is evolving toward something?
Where and when did it start?
How long has it been evolving?
What is its destination?
How much longer might it take to get there?
What will it do once it reaches its destination?

I assume you chose your name knowingly, and try to live up to it?

It is actually very simple, we as spirit/soul are part of all that is, and there is only one. With this, everything is connected and interconnected.

So what is the purpose of the one, to play out this games by creating this physical realities, and braking them down again? Over and over, in which we are of cause playing our part.
It is all about expansion.
Where did it start? unknown

How long has the One been evolving? unknown
Destination? There is no destination, we the One are everywhere
How long? can not be measured

What will the One do if it collapses a part of itself? Start a new extended cycle.
Our journey within the One is so minuscule are you sure it is worth finding the beginning and the end of it?
Whether we can grasp or see the greater picture depends how fare we can remove ourselves from this reality.
Old 23-05-2019, 01:00 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
I assume you chose your name knowingly, and try to live up to it?

It is actually very simple, we as spirit/soul are part of all that is, and there is only one. With this, everything is connected and interconnected.

So what is the purpose of the one, to play out this games by creating this physical realities, and braking them down again? Over and over, in which we are of cause playing our part.
It is all about expansion.
Where did it start? unknown

How long has the One been evolving? unknown
Destination? There is no destination, we the One are everywhere
How long? can not be measured

What will the One do if it collapses a part of itself? Start a new extended cycle.
Our journey within the One is so minuscule are you sure it is worth finding the beginning and the end of it?
Whether we can grasp or see the greater picture depends how fare we can remove ourselves from this reality.

Yes, "unknown" is the place I end up getting back to regardless of which trail I follow. The mystery remains, and that is fine, as it is a rather wondrous place to be stuck.
It would seem the short answer to all of those questions remains "unknown", and I suppose at the same time, "I believe ___".
Of course we have to be careful of who we tell what we believe. Woundn't want to get burned a the stake.
Old 23-05-2019, 01:09 PM
Master
Ketzer, there will always be mysteries..

Imagine a bacteria, than imagine a tiger or a human. Then imagine the earth, then the sun and our solar system. Then imagine the milky way. It is absurdly large. Did you know there are at least a trillion galaxies out there..? Then there are realms science cannot detect. You think a bunch of talking mammals can understand all of it or claim to be all-there-is because of some subjective spiritual experience..??

It is all folly. Everyone is scratching the surface. We are small, and that is absolutely wonderful and the universe is mesmerizing..
Old 23-05-2019, 05:32 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Ketzer, there will always be mysteries..

Imagine a bacteria, than imagine a tiger or a human. Then imagine the earth, then the sun and our solar system. Then imagine the milky way. It is absurdly large. Did you know there are at least a trillion galaxies out there..? Then there are realms science cannot detect. You think a bunch of talking mammals can understand all of it or claim to be all-there-is because of some subjective spiritual experience..??

It is all folly. Everyone is scratching the surface. We are small, and that is absolutely wonderful and the universe is mesmerizing..

Imagine that you are the universe, and that there are no things out there, and that the only things that exist are the things you create within your universe. A single atom, a trillion galaxies, or infinity and eternity, you decide what will and won't be real. Imagine that your universe is quite mesmerizing, as are the talking mammals within it, sometimes so mesmerizing that they draw you in close and personal, so close that you just might imagine one of them is you.
Old 24-05-2019, 02:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Woundn't want to get burned a the stake.
And many Ketzer did.