Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 03-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Newbie ;)

How to use a crystal in everyday life

Hi, im new here and to crystals. I just wondered what was the best way to use crystals if you are feeling the need.

I place mine near me at the desk when i am chatting and stuff like right now, i am feeling really anxious and uptight so i have a rose quartz and a blue lace agate in front of me.

can i do this? i dont always feel the want to sit quietly and be at one with them, is that bad?
Old 04-08-2016, 02:58 AM
Knower

There are many ways to work with crystals without directly meditating with them. People throughout history have worked with crystals just by wearing them on their person. Also, simply keeping stones in your physical space lets them exert their effect and exude their energies into the atmosphere. Some people put stones that absorb electromagnetic radiation near their electronics while they're working. So no, you should not feel bad that you don't feel the need to sit quietly with your stones.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:47 AM
Knower
I carry 2 with me daily... My "go to" ones are hematite to protect me from negativity. As an empath it's very important I carry that one. Then I will usually carry another one like amethyst, tiger eye or citrine to help with overall well-being. Those are my favorites that i have. I just purchased a magnetite that i may put in my car. I also have a large amethyst on my nightstand. It's all about what you feel connected to. At first I didn't "feel" anything. But now when I walk into a gemstone store or pick up certain ones I can feel the energy from it. It's very cool to experience!
Old 04-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Experiencer

I wear them. I have moldavite, labradorite and blue kyanite pendants that I always wear, some rings and some bracelets, I make the bracelets myself now.
I originally had the moldavite as a small stone, but I love it and was worried about losing it, so I had it set into a silver backing.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:24 AM
Guide

Color

For me, like anything else on the path, it's really more about "what" you understand in regards to things like crystals. A "best way" implies some known way, and usually the drawback of that is that we all experience crystal energy in pretty much the same way, so regardless of which way we use them, usually, there's not enough of a noticeable difference in the energy to where we can feel like we're vibing in harmony with the energy.

So for me, it's really more about fine tuning the energy of the crystal so that it effects us in a more subtle way. For example, placing the crystal at a distance from us works, especially with something like Rose Quartz. Likewise, larger crystals will have a stronger effect. It's usually those simple facts that we understand because they logically make sense to us. The problem is that they don't do anything to fine tune the energy.

One thing that you can do to help make the energy more subtle is to use a Rose Quartz Sphere. That shape vibes more in harmony with the air element. However, you may not notice that much of a difference in the energy. But you will if you place the Sphere on a Towel and surround it with cotton balls. By that, I mean totally surround the sphere with cotton balls from top to bottom, like a dome of cotton balls. It might sound like one of those ideas where you don't think it will work, but it does.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Seeker
I have crystals that I wear as necklaces for issues that I face regularly. Then I have the crystals I use for chakra healing that I meditate with.

For example I turned my rainbow moonstone into a necklace because I lack in confidence sometimes and I start to become anxious/nervous. Rainbow moonstone gives off a calming energy and I feel like it helps me from starting to wander off into those negative thoughts.

I know a lot of people like to just put their crystals in their pocket or as you did, out in the area they're in. It's really up to you and how you feel. I've heard some people say wearing or keeping your crystals on you is best, but perhaps for others seeing them in the open is a stronger reminder.
Old 20-05-2019, 07:58 AM
annylenardo

Depends on your everyday need I wear lapis gemstone for confidence and I really enjoy the presence of having a Lapis Lazuli around.
Old 20-05-2019, 08:22 AM
Master
No you don't have to meditate with them. Why would that be bad?
I got around 300 crystals, most I've never meditated with. They emanate their energy, that's why I get them, not to meditate with.
You can hold them, rub your fingers over a crystal as you do, have them close like on your desk, wear them or carry them with you and so on.
Nothing is bad.
Sounds like you are intuitively using your crystals. That's great :)
Old 30-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Master
Old thread but anyone reading it.. I don't think you have to meditate. I find crystals similar to colours..
You might have a favourite colour depending on how you feel or what you do. Use your intuition as guide..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I got around 300 crystals,

You really live up to your name..
Do you plan on making a crystal cave..?
Old 30-05-2019, 11:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Old thread but anyone reading it.. I don't think you have to meditate. I find crystals similar to colours..
You might have a favourite colour depending on how you feel or what you do. Use your intuition as guide..

You really live up to your name..
Do you plan on making a crystal cave..?
Haha, you know, the thought crossed my mind a few years back to make a healing room with crystals on the wall. Not permanently fixed but having a lot of narrow shelves on the walls on which I can put crystals, and change them if I feel like it.
I never got to that, hihi. I do have a small meditating room upstairs though with lots of crystals in it.