Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 19-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
That's interesting what you say about red wine in particular.
Yes, I have thought so since I discovered it. There may be some significance to it, in connection to the Christian Mass. I don't know if any other religion uses red wine in their services? I'd like to know if any indeed do.

---------------
Edited...

I've just done a bit of research online and found...

"Wine became an important part of religious life and was considered a way of obtaining a closer connection to the gods in many different religions throughout history, including the story of the Last Supper in Christianity."

The "closer connection to the gods" part may be significant here!

Why do we reincarnate?
Just for the sake of it, nothing else.
Because we love being alive!

======================

A lot of interesting stuff to read at https://rememberinglifeanddeath.weebly.com/
Old 19-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I have about a bottle of wine a week with food. It makes me feel relaxed, more than I usually am. I have done without. In the past when I've had too much I have been emotional, I have cried. Although, I don't need alcohol to get my emotions out. I cry often, rarely because of sadness. I know for others it can cause anger, tiredness, laughter, sadness etc.

I was speaking with someone the other day, and they mentioned that the lower alcohol content in say beer, doesn't cause them issues, but the stronger alcohol content caused them issues ie, they didn't like themselves when they consumed the stronger spirits like whisky, vodka etc.

Why are they called spirits?

I come here to learn.
This week I have had an almost uncontrollable urge to make some rice wine.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabryel
Yes, I have thought so since I discovered it. There may be some significance to it, in connection to the Christian Mass. I don't know if any other religion uses red wine in their services? I'd like to know if any indeed do.

---------------
Edited...

I've just done a bit of research online and found...

"Wine became an important part of religious life and was considered a way of obtaining a closer connection to the gods in many different religions throughout history, including the story of the Last Supper in Christianity."

The "closer connection to the gods" part may be significant here!

I don't know about any other religious services using wine.

Like you said in your previous post, that small amounts can be a positive, but too much the floodgates can open so to speak. Maybe not just spirits coming through as you say, a persons hidden feelings and emotions as well, they can't be suppressed like when sober, whether being good or bad of course.

The Camino de Santiago pilgrimage walk in Spain has a monastery on route that offers free red wine on tap for the pilgrims. Which I thought very decent of them I've thought about doing that walk. Nothing to do with the red wine oh no
Old 19-12-2019, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
This week I have had an almost uncontrollable urge to make some rice wine.

Well, I hope you succumbed to that particular urge John.