Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 26-09-2012, 05:12 AM
Deactivated Account
I love love love that you started this post by citing synchronicity. Here I am, having gone through "spiritual growth" thinking I know things other people don't know... and it made me proud. Pride was my downfall for awhile. I went through this period where I just wanted to consume more and more information, but I honestly am with you that everything we need to know we know already, we know it inside us. And a reminder to humble ourselves is always most certainly due. The other day I thought about doing more reading on here, but for once I decided to meditate instead. It was so rewarding. So thanks for this
Old 26-09-2012, 05:18 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelight
I love love love that you started this post by citing synchronicity. Here I am, having gone through "spiritual growth" thinking I know things other people don't know... and it made me proud. Pride was my downfall for awhile. I went through this period where I just wanted to consume more and more information, but I honestly am with you that everything we need to know we know already, we know it inside us. And a reminder to humble ourselves is always most certainly due. The other day I thought about doing more reading on here, but for once I decided to meditate instead. It was so rewarding. So thanks for this

You're right on.... I also spend far too much here, too late, when I could be visiting directly with spirit-meditating in the now.

But I love learning-writing-sharing.... even if it IS primarily mental... yet spirit also drops in stuff for me to share... so it's far better than TV.
spending time in the silence is necessary too....to feed the soul.
Old 26-09-2012, 05:45 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
You're right on.... I also spend far too much here, too late, when I could be visiting directly with spirit-meditating in the now.

But I love learning-writing-sharing.... even if it IS primarily mental... yet spirit also drops in stuff for me to share... so it's far better than TV.
spending time in the silence is necessary too....to feed the soul.

I really don't think it matters how much you read & study as long as your grounded.
Old 26-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelight

I think once you start to become spiritually aware synchronicity becomes a part of your life as long as we are willing to notice such happenings.....I wonder sometimes why something hasn't happened & then the time comes I realise it needed to be in synch with others people or happenings around me. As we become more aware synchronicity is definably an important part of our awareness.

Love
Mathew
Old 26-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Avalancediscoverer

this is a great topic. I once battled with my ego, because I didn't like myself. Now I have decided to accept the good and bad of this so called ego, and be who I am, to whatsoever with the rest of the world. It feels great being who you are. I think ego has most to do with pride, the way you mentioned it. Getting all big headed because you gained a little bit of info that is written here and there. But "ego" doesn't necessarily mean bad. It can be a great tool to use when you are still an armature in spiritual development. If gotten to know this so called "ego" correctly with spiritual awareness you can start to love yourself unconditionally.
Old 26-09-2012, 09:58 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
I think once you start to become spiritually aware synchronicity becomes a part of your life as long as we are willing to notice such happenings.....I wonder sometimes why something hasn't happened & then the time comes I realise it needed to be in synch with others people or happenings around me. As we become more aware synchronicity is definably an important part of our awareness.

Love
Mathew
Well depicted Matthew. This is how I experience synchronicity also.

It's gives life a wonderfully magical dimension I find...like being connected to some kind of bigger picture being played out

Old 26-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalancediscoverer
this is a great topic. I once battled with my ego, because I didn't like myself. Now I have decided to accept the good and bad of this so called ego, and be who I am, to whatsoever with the rest of the world. It feels great being who you are. I think ego has most to do with pride, the way you mentioned it. Getting all big headed because you gained a little bit of info that is written here and there. But "ego" doesn't necessarily mean bad. It can be a great tool to use when you are still an armature in spiritual development. If gotten to know this so called "ego" correctly with spiritual awareness you can start to love yourself unconditionally.

Absolutely Avalancediscoverer.....so you’re a neg/pos ego believer as well, the ego is a great tool to use in the right context. Not many people believe in this aspect of the neg/pos ego, it would help them immensely if they did but we all have our own path to tread.

Example pos ego: I'm very good friends with a yogi teacher who was treated unkindly by her ex-husband, yogi gave her, even when her husband was still alive, her ego back but being yogi it was the more positive ego. She's quite egotistical about her yogi as it's the all & be all but it gave her back what she once lost through marriage, absolutely nothing wrong with that. You could imagine we have some quite in-depth discussions especially on the science & philosophy of yogi.

I think this is something all of us need to be aware of; we need to ground ourselves so we don't become too much above ourselves which isn't easy a times, I’m no different to anybody else maybe that’s why I know this so well!!!

Love
Mathew
Old 26-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Well depicted Matthew. This is how I experience synchronicity also.

It's gives life a wonderfully magical dimension I find...like being connected to some kind of bigger picture being played out...
hard to describe really!

Yerrr...it sort of gives me goose pumps when I realise the connections, once I had no idea of the connections but now I do through synchronistic moments……we are all definitely connected to the bigger picture. There are a lot of spiritually aware people saying why doesn’t something happen now, I’m ready but it’s all to do like you said, with the big picture, which is wow once realised!!

I feel personally I’m ready for anything but others people & certain events say different, go with the flow & keep grounded & be patient as we are ALL a part of that bigger picture.

Love
Mathew
Old 27-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
I presume the unconditioned self is this neg ego, untruths.....where the pos ego is the conditioned self, truth. The neg ego self won’t accept the truths from the pos ego self because it’s exposing their lies. A bit fluffy but there you go!!

Love
Mathew

All ego self-identity, positive or negative is conditioned... made up of learned beliefs and values about oneself..

The unconditioned self would necessarily be unlearned... no beliefs at all.

How to know that?

Xan

Old 27-09-2012, 02:15 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
All ego self-identity, positive or negative is conditioned... made up of learned beliefs and values about oneself..

The unconditioned self would necessarily be unlearned... no beliefs at all.

How to know that?

Xan
The unconditioned self is present when the mind is still and quiet.. there are not different 'selfs', there are different states of mind and awareness of the same 'self'..

Be well..
Closed Thread