Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 18-03-2011, 02:11 AM
Master
My mom loved her Ouija board. She was really into things like that. One of her sisters was into seances. I was very young, but my mom always thought the Ouija board worked best if I placed my fingers on it or near it. I really didn't understand back then and didn't pay much attention to her questions or what was going on. But as I grew older, I would 'mess around with it'. My best friend and neighbor started to use it when we were teens. I was 16 and we were asking the typical questions like who we would marry (yawn). I remember feeling like whatever was talking to me had a 'crush' on me and I think I felt 'cool' about it. So this time we were using the ouija board and hand a candle burning. My friend is asking questions and getting answers. I am asking questions and getting odd answers that weren't yes/no type things, but replies that made me go with what was told to me and got me curious. It said that my name was 'yo-yo' and it (whatever was speaking with me) was going to 'reclaim' me in this life. I was upset by that. I tried to steer it back to what I wanted to know, will this boy ask me out,...but the ouija board kept spelling out "I love you" to me. At first I said I love you too, but whenever I would ask a different question, it would tell me it loved me. Then went back to the comments about reclaiming and calling me yo-yo. I got upset, and let it be known my disgust when it repeatedly and quickly spelled out "FUCU, fucu fucu" which I figured was it's way of saying F-you to me. My friend and I both alarmed now asked if there was really a spirit talking to us, to show us a sign with the candle. Mind you i was using a little votive candle, but the flame turned into a blow torch almost to the ceiling with the sound of a blow torch. My friend and I jumped up screaming, knocked the board over...ran out. I came back, and put it in my closet, and then for nights had horrible nightmares. I went to take it out of the closet, I wanted to throw it away, but it was not there. I never found it either. I asked my mom if she took it, she didn't. I never used a ouija board after that, but you know sometimes I feel curious again, but it was too freaky for me.
Old 18-03-2011, 02:38 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
yup, grew up "playing" it starting with my mom and dad as far back as the 4th grade. i have tons of stories, but word to the wise......it's not a toy and you never know what you are opening up or letting come through when you play.

WikiPedia says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

I completely agree with earthprowler; Ouija boards are not toys and can be very dangerous. Many disagree as this has been covered many times. Unless one is extremely skilled and uses several different types of protection, never would I recommend a Ouija boards.
Old 18-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Sangress

Quote:
Ouija boards are not toys and can be very dangerous. Many disagree as this has been covered many times. Unless one is extremely skilled and uses several different types of protection, never would I recommend a Ouija boards.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I got very angry when people introduced the Ouija as a toy for children, makes my blood boil to think of how idiotic and disrespectful the people mass producing the things were. *shakes head*

I mean, at least as a child I knew all the risks and protective methods to use....these kids just opened the box and used it like a board game! Hey, why not give them a "toy" loaded gun to play with next?! *sneers.*

Last I heard from that was that they stopped making them, but that was most likely wishful thinking on protesters parts. I've recently seen them in shops and they disgust me. Ugh.
Old 18-03-2011, 03:18 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I got very angry when people introduced the Ouija as a toy for children, make my blood boil to think of how idiotic and disrespectful the people mass producing the things were. *shakes head*

I mean, at least as a child I knew all the risks and protective methods to use....these kids just opened the box and used it like a board game!

Last I heard from that was that they stopped making them, but that was most likely wishful thinking on protesters parts. I've recently seen them in shops and they disgust me. Ugh.

Last time that I heard "Toys R Us" was still selling them.
Old 18-03-2011, 03:23 AM
Sangress

Quote:
Last time that I heard "Toys R Us" was still selling them.

Yep, that's the one. They had "barbie" styled ones....yuck

(I have a vendetta against barbies for some reason, always have...so that just makes it worse. grr)

But thankfully the "Toys R Us" in our town was shut down about two months ago. Whoo.
Old 19-03-2011, 08:36 AM
lynnwhiteowl

Using this board is dangerous... you may open up a door that you may not like be extremely careful..my best advice to you is don't use it..if you want answers to your questions meditate,[and protect yourself with white light in everything you do] the answers don't always come to you in an instant so be patient. remember good things come to those who wait. lynnwhiteowl.
Old 19-03-2011, 02:15 PM
LightFilledHeart

A ouija board (actually ANY divination system!) may open some up to unwanted intrusion by trickster spirits up to no good. Others may have no problem with that. I think a lot of it has to do with your belief system and what you think is possible. I know some who have had frightening experiences with ouija boards, but generally speaking they were people with a strong component of fear or negativity in their own energy body. I've also known people who have used this divination (and other similar ones) for years and years with only high spiritual messages coming through and no ill or negative effects. It would seem it is an entirely individual thing, and that no one has a definitive answer on the value of such tools. I think the important thing to remember is that they are exactly that... tools! Weigh and measure within what you receive from and through them and let that be your guide in determining the value of the information. It goes without saying that if you feel any sense of foreboding,
fear, darkness or negativity, you should heed that warning and walk away. Having said that, I do, as I said, know of individuals who have used this method of spiritual communication for years with only positive and uplifting information coming through and nothing even vaguely negative in their experience. To each his or her own!
Old 20-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Knower
I always get this great sense of fear whenev er someone discusses a ouiji board, apparantly my family used them alot before i was born.
Old 21-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Calypso_Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
A ouija board (actually ANY divination system!) may open some up to unwanted intrusion by trickster spirits up to no good. Others may have no problem with that. I think a lot of it has to do with your belief system and what you think is possible. I know some who have had frightening experiences with ouija boards, but generally speaking they were people with a strong component of fear or negativity in their own energy body. I've also known people who have used this divination (and other similar ones) for years and years with only high spiritual messages coming through and no ill or negative effects. It would seem it is an entirely individual thing, and that no one has a definitive answer on the value of such tools. I think the important thing to remember is that they are exactly that... tools! Weigh and measure within what you receive from and through them and let that be your guide in determining the value of the information. It goes without saying that if you feel any sense of foreboding,
fear, darkness or negativity, you should heed that warning and walk away. Having said that, I do, as I said, know of individuals who have used this method of spiritual communication for years with only positive and uplifting information coming through and nothing even vaguely negative in their experience. To each his or her own!

EXACTLY!!! Thank you for saying this! It irks me to no end when people go around saying things like the Ouija board is sooooo dangerous and that it only attracts negative beings when the only thing remotely negative about it is the person using it.

If someone has convinced themselves that the Ouija board will bring nothing but bad things into their life then that's exactly what's going to happen because they are using it out of fear. Any tool can be both good AND bad. A person can have a great experience with the Ouija board yet have a nasty one with Tarot Cards.

All of these tools, the Ouija included, are neutral. What makes them positive or negative is the user. It also greatly helps if the user is actually knowledgeable with such things and not simply using them as a mere game.
Old 21-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Master

When I was growing up I played it. Nothing bad happened and I did not expect anything bad to happen. I found it to be creepy so I stopped playing with it. My friends would not touch it even though nothing bad happened to them. I can think of better things to do than play with that.