Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Greenslade: let it come to a natural end

Yep... :)

I wish the best for you too Mava! It's great to hear you have a small group of friends that you feel like you can 'grow' with. :)
Old 14-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Royalite

I dropped flies like hot potatoes along this journey! I'm talking rapid! One minute we click, next minute I don't even want to see them, then I'm just walking past them like they're strangers and I really felt like they were too! No connection just see ya when I see ya!

One story is actually one of the reasons I chose to join this forum. I wanted some guidance because I was feeling so crippled because I didn't know how to disconnect from friends I made in college my freshman year. I was crying over them, meditating on them, praying, having dreams on them, rolling around in my room in anger over them, complaining to my mom, aunts, uncles, anyone who would listen about them, just all out depressed and I was really hating my life because I just didn't want to be around them anymore but I "didn't want to feel lonely"!

Anyways, I worked up the balls to just break contact with them and venture out into my own and it was great! I do NOT feel that lonely feeling at all now! I use to be writing all over these forums about and in the YourSpace section about my loneliness and my boredom and my xyz. And now I'm free free free!

And the moral of my story is:

Decide what you want to do and don't look back! Make your intention and be serious about carrying out with it! Will power makes all things possible!
Old 14-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Master
Hi Mava ! Its happened to me a lot over the last few years. I'm not really friends with those who were on their own spiritual journeys either ... I grew apart from them. I don't even keep in touch with friends I've known since childhood. I have tried but we had nothing in common. Nothing to talk about. We all grew apart, moved in different directions. I also have a way of pushing people away from me that get too close. I only have one trusted friend, I can tell her anything, she never judges me, we are not on the same spiritual wave length, yet we are. I just reconnected with my Twin Flame, we both are married yet we are very connected, I cherish our friendship very much. He is not at all spiritual at all yet it doesn't seem to matter. Our connection is very strong. As it is with my friend in TX. i don't really have a good friend in GA ... I never had a best friend, now I have 3. My husband, my friend in TX and my TF in NY.

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 14-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Master
dynamist - I was just like you that way !! I mourned losing my friends when I did. I was also afraid to break it off with them at first. They had been good friends and I did not thinl I could survive without them. They were stunting my growth and I didn't know it. I had to "unfriend" several from my Facebook page. I know I hurt them but I had to do it.

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 14-02-2011, 10:25 PM
mava

Gah, facebook! That's another thing that I know for sure is holding me back. Why? Because that's how these old friends of mine communicate with me. If it wasn't for facebook I can say with 100% positivity that I would not even speak to these people anymore - they just wouldn't call me and vice versa. I've tried deleting some of them, but they just re-add me and send me messages asking why I deleted them, whoops! I think I will just gradually talk to them less and less until it just fades instead of bluntly saying that I don't think our friendships are working out anymore.

It's wonderful to hear that you all have had such positive experiences moving forward even with making tough decisions. It is hard to feel alone but even harder to feel alone when you're surrounded by "friends," if that makes sense.
Old 14-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I've done the whole Facebook and MySpace thing...nope, not for me.
Old 14-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfay
dynamist - I was just like you that way !! I mourned losing my friends when I did. I was also afraid to break it off with them at first. They had been good friends and I did not thinl I could survive without them. They were stunting my growth and I didn't know it. I had to "unfriend" several from my Facebook page. I know I hurt them but I had to do it.

Ohhh yes, Facebook. I got rid of my facebook a little less than a year ago when I saw it was taking up way too much of my time. BUt prior I was deleting people like wild fire too! I never took the facebook numbers too seriously. "200 friends? I don't talk to that many people in one week! Cut that down to 20..." It was harder in real life. But it was definitely a learning experience.
Old 15-02-2011, 03:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mava
Yea, it's almost like I met them at a time when I needed to, and now I have moved on, grown, and changed. There's nothing we really have in common, no strong bond keeping us together. And even though we've been friends for a few years now, I still feel like they don't even know me. I think it's time to let go.

On the other hand, since moving to college, I've been able to meet an amazing group of people. These are the people I can see myself being friends with for a good amount of time. It's also a great balance between, like you said, spending time by myself and spending time with them. I feel like when I'm alone, I grow so much, but I still feel like I'm evolving when I'm with these friends because they bring it out of me, whereas my old group of friends never did.

Thank you, Lad.

Remember that the universe abhors a vaccuum. When we let go of things, other things come to replace them. When we hold on to ideas, things, or relationships that no longer serve us we prevent this.
Old 15-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Master
I've got this whole love - hate thing with Facebook, I keep up with friends and family that I haven't seen in years ... I hate it for the same reason. If that makes sense.

Old 15-02-2011, 12:50 PM
mava

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Remember that the universe abhors a vaccuum. When we let go of things, other things come to replace them. When we hold on to ideas, things, or relationships that no longer serve us we prevent this.

I've noticed this...at times when I feel like I've lost everything, something better comes along and you know the universe is taking care of you. Thanks, Athribiristan.