Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Sira

I wrote this some 7 years ago. I still think this way:

The truth of our purpose as humankind is like a multicolored beach ball. From one angle the ball seems to be red and yellow, from another angle it looks blue and white. The truth is still the beach ball, and when people take the time to look at the similarities in their belief systems rather than differences, we can start realizing the truth of our shared experience on Earth and healing ourselves.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Prien
I like my Ego. You don't have to, but I like myself.

From 'New Age Love and Light Fallacies'

8. The slippery slope of conquering the ego turning into erasing all individuality Facing the ego and the shadow side of the human psyche/spirit is a biggie within many spiritual circles. Overcoming self importance and hypersensitivity, becoming mindful of emotional reactions, and acknowledging one’s inner predator – all aspects of the ego – is useful and in my opinion, a total must-do if one is trying to improve themselves. But in a slippery slope worst case scenario, conquering one’s strong but distorted and disconnected self identity/ego can evolve into trying to erase one’s individuality altogether, and meld into some sort of unified nothingness. Trying to “be nothing.” I don’t agree with that. Quieting the mind -that’s good. Having inner peace – that’s good. Acknowledging and understanding negative ego-based traits and their origins so one can conquer them – that’s really good. Erasing who you are and being nothing – not good. If we were meant to be nothing then we wouldn’t be here, as something. !! So needless to say, I don’t agree with this concept.

A related concept is also found within certain meditation practices, whose goal is to go beyond the idea of merely quieting the mind to what seems to be a state of actually suppressing/losing yourself, and shutting off your mental processes altogether. This seems to me to be risky territory, allowing other “stuff” to get in and gain access while you’re suppressed and vulnerable in such ways. But that’s just my opinion. I’m not going to flat out state that such meditative practices were probably introduced and encouraged by negative stuff for insidious purposes, buuuuut, let’s just say that the thought has crossed my mind…..

From 10 Reasons I'm Not a Lightworker

8. I like my ego.
Popular spirituality and common lightworker parlance takes a page from the book of Eastern philosophy (and distorts it heavily in the process) by declaring war on the ego. Ignore it, repress it, deny it, kill it, get rid of that ego!

Sorry, but I’ve never done away with part of myself, and don’t intend to start.

I have written in depth about exactly what the ego is and why it’s a valuable part of our experience, as this is an important subject. For now I will say only that my objective is not to do away with my ego — it’s to do away with all the influences my ego has absorbed that aren’t aligned with my purpose and what I want to experience. In doing so my ego has become my own creation.

Kapitan, I haven't read your blog on ego, but I generally agree with your points as I understand them here. And I do pranic healing (when I've got my stuff together and am focused)...

I will say I think a lot of healers think much the same as you. Healing the baggage and so forth...keeping the best and elevating that...but never by denying the individual "soul" (or whatever we want to call it) and its sacred house, the physical body. Both the physical and the metaphysical are sacred to the healers I know. It's all about balance and acceptance, as you say.

We are what we are, as far as the nature of our existence goes, and that's as it should be.

Cheers,
7L
Old 03-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Gauss

In my opinion, if you manage to extinguish "self" your true self will emerge and it is fantastic, positive, curious and it still has its own character and temper.

Easy to say but hard to do, I try every day to become my true self.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
I just like posting that stuff from those sites because it is stuff I agree with and goes against the 'New Age Establishment'.
I like that.
Quote:
Maybe the ''New Age'' is a story about a 7 year old girl that reads about elves and unicorns, watches the clouds and accepts every belief.
Then an orc jumps in and shouts: ''ME ORC, ME SMASH!''

Would be good every now and then...

Pretty good article.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
Chrysaetos: Then an orc jumps in and shouts: ''ME ORC, ME SMASH!''

I'm probably pictured worse than an Orc...the Uruk Hai.

Yep it is good - both sites are, although the blog one goes more in depth on various things like Karma.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:09 PM
shepherd

Quote:
Easy to say but hard to do, I try every day to become my true self.

Hmmm, I would guess Gauss that you are always your true self, you may not have accepted it.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:14 PM
ultra-violet

Quote:
...a 7 year old girl that reads about elves and unicorns, watches the clouds and accepts every belief.

...she would already accept those beliefs with discernment because her intuition would resonate with them.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra-violet
...she would already accept those beliefs with discernment because her intuition would resonate with them.

This is so very true.....

Adults untrain there children ......so they become blind like them!

Society wants droids not FREED Souls.

Lots of droids.......

Yet every droid has it within itself to be free should it choose to climb the great mountain called FEAR.

"When the blind lead the blind...........they both fall into a ditch"
Old 06-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
This is so very true.....
Adults untrain there children ......so they become blind like them!
In what way?