Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-06-2014, 07:37 PM
guardian

I can only comment from experience regarding "The Dark Night(s) of The Soul".. It has nothing to do with trying to instill fear or scare someone as it is about being honest.. My Kundalini Awakening began after a dream I had near the end of 2001. I wasn't practicing any form of religion or spirituality so this wasn't a conscious effort on my part (heck, I didn't even know what Kundalini was!). A deceased friend visited me in a dream. Upon awakening "currents of electricity" began to build up within in me. The electrical currents began to move up and down within my body which obviously scared me initially. Logically, I thought I was standing on a live wire or something but soon that was dispelled and in the days that followed (the electricity was constant for about 7 days) I just knew intuitively something of a Spiritual nature was taking place.. At first it was a honeymoon of sorts as my senses began to become heightened. Soon I was on a Spiritual path toward understanding, or atleast trying to.. I joined groups, began meditating, then began past life regressing myself which to this date were some of my grandest experiences! But after about 2yrs the energy "reversed" (I saw in my minds eye a cyclone stop and begin to rotate counter clockwise). The days that followed became very dark. I won't go into details because that is not my aim and this site has rules against it. I seek only to be honest in sharing MY experience.. But I will say, the "energies" take one in all directions for whatever reason.. And yes, it isn't always easy to embrace.
Old 26-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Ivy

guardian, the unknown is what scares people and the stories told in spirituality explain that 'unknown' and provide the answers that people want to hear.

To say to somebody, there is nothing to fear from that energy. To say that if they fear it, it is ok to ground and stay grounded for a time (weeks/months/years) until they can experience this energy as the beauty that it is. There is no race and no there is little healing according to your story, in what you learned from joining groups, meditating and past life regression.

Learning about kundalini and dark nights have given you the story that you are telling. Without those stories, you would be telling us that you have experienced amazing highs at times in your life, and have also experienced times of confusion and hard work. I doubt there is a soul alive that wouldn't say the same, because that IS life.

But we can enjoy the highs and get through the confusion when it presents. When spirituality tells people that their highs will lead to lows, then people start avoiding experiencing life.
Old 26-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
I was doing reiki on myself last night and felt a huge energy coming up my spine. I mentally tried to stop it though. This is the 3rd time this has happened in a year. I really should not fear it but I dont think I don't understand enough about kundalini. I have had over a year of experiencing "The Dark Night of the Soul" and coming out of it, so it probably all goes together. I think I need a break. Any insight out there would be appreciated.

I know what you mean about mentally trying to stop it. For me I've done that a few times but the problem is when there's too much it can't all go back down and it gets stuck. If I take my mind off it for one second it starts rushing back up again. Not pleasant. Maybe try not to do so much reiki. The last time I did reiki (on someone else admittedly) I was throwing up for the next 24 hours.

This stuff needs to be treated delicately. I know it's tempting to rush the process along.. but self-discipline will be your best friend. Might just be the difference between life and death.

Try grounding more. Looking after your body. Spend time in nature, ect. Find other more natural ways to let energy out like exercising. It'll all help.
Old 26-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi_Spirit
My advice would be to stop doing Reiki and just meditate more if you feel your not ready for a kundalini awakening. Awakenings of this sort can be quite scary if you don't know what to expect. I totally understand though as my awakening scared the day lights out of me. Kundalini energy is a very powerful energy and if you don't prepare yourself by practicing yoga and meditation it can also be quite rough on your nervous system. So that being said find yourself a good Kundalini yoga instructor if you feel the awakening is going to happen at some point. A good teacher will be able to teach you proper meditation techniques and yoga poses that will better prepare your body and mind for what you may experience.

I advise strongly AGAINST meditation. Meditation is NOT a good idea when experiencing Kundalini. I learned that the hard way.