Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-03-2013, 06:56 AM
VesicaPhoenix11

Book1 Luminous Lessons

Its about to be Easter, yet another sign of spring and before I retire for the evening I thought I'd share a piece of writing of mine I found recently, a prose version of the lessons I have taken in to myself since I first woke all of the way up....

I was doing some pretty deep reflecting on the past fourteen years of my life, the past epoch that seems to be ending. And I was trying to compose a list of what I have learned in that time that I didn't know before and this is what the pen wrote:

To dance with abandon, to laugh like a child, to sing with my whole being, to smile at every opportunity, to accept the life I've been given and claim it as mine, to forgive readily, to sidestep those who mean ill, to give up violence as a way of proving myself, to solve problems with compassion and understanding, to accept others for what they are not what I think they are, to love with a passion tempered by reason, to embrace my shadow self as a necessary part of my being, to feel all of my emotions without indulging in any one, to see the world around me with clear eyes, to understand the dualistic paradox in humans and all of nature without knowing the reasons why, to feel comfortable in my own skin, to speak when the moment is right and to be silent when it is not, to stand on my own, to ask for and receive help when it is needed, to aid others out of compassion, not pity, to feel empathy not sympathy, to accept my faults past and present and seek to change them without self-loathing, to accept my strengths and use them where I am able, to stop and rest when my spirit is weary, to hear the call of my flesh and recognize its importance, to live with the multitude in my mind and be at peace with its changes, to let go of the stress illusion of control brings, to plan with certainty but accept doubt, to cherish my loved ones with a light heart, to let go of love with the knowledge that I could never hold it anyways, to feel love as a state of being close to divinity and to act on love in the flesh of mortality and to know both states as true, to sit with the shadow of death and still feel the light of life and to know both are one, to know that I'll never know and to find peace in that fact, to have my beliefs but know that they are only meant for me, to change my beliefs as life dictates without feeling foolish for my folly, to know I shall always be changing and that is the joy of life, to have faith in my connection to a consciousness which is I but more than just I, to know my faith is justified but I'll never see the justification, to learn from each soul that crosses my path without prejudice, to feel the beauty of living in the constant now, to know the wisdom of remembering the past, to see the endless possibilities of the future.....

All of this and more that I have learned, not that I always use my lessons and I often forget to act on them, they are there they have been learned.
Old 31-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Master

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 31-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Thumbs up

Vesica,
I saw and read a post of yours for the first time a few minutes ago.
And now this.
I will be reading all of them now.
Oh yeah.

Miss Hepburn

Also, interesting that 14 years is half of a complete Saturn cycle...nice x to reflect.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Vesica,
I saw and read a post of yours for the first time a few minutes ago.
And now this.
I will be reading all of them now.
Oh yeah.

Miss Hepburn

Also, interesting that 14 years is half of a complete Saturn cycle...nice x to reflect.

Miss Hepburn, Thank You!!!

You just helped me bring stuff together!

Thank you also to Vesica for starting this thread so in turn Miss Hepburn could post what she did

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 31-03-2013, 09:42 PM
VesicaPhoenix11

Book1

Well thank you to you both, very gracious and welcoming. I flit in and out of this community and read much more than I post (which is good for me, being a bit of talker - have to have balance and one can't listen if they are always talking) - but I have found this little area of the web to be a place full of notable and beautiful souls.

So, thank you.

And yes, I wrote that when I was 33 (36 now), about 4 years after my
Saturn return and 14 years after my "awakening" (which sounds silly, I was always awake but it was when my path first became clear) and ran across it when parceling through some tidbits - and thought here would be a good place to share it with others.

Be well...
Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM
The op is like poetry...didn't want this to be lost and forgotten...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-04-2013, 11:00 PM
VesicaPhoenix11

Book1 Smattering of Thought

Aw, thanks. I appreciate it when my talks with myself are valuable to others - connections and such, help keep me on my path and to remember that I'm not alone.

I am posting a little more of my "luminous lessons" - I have lots of writings that span many years - some posted at another site that is gone now, some from my "myspace blog" before I deleted my account.. some here and there. I scribble. Some are just for me, some can be shared, and some well - they're better not talked about. *smile*

These aren't as poetic, but just what came out one day while thinking abut faith and belief - since they can be such controversial subjects and yet so very personal and therefore not debatable. I'm a little drawn towards paradox.

From November of 2006....

It is the act of asking the question that gives shape to an experience for which there is no answer.

Thoughts on Leaps of Faith
You never really know what is going to happen to you in a day, what is going to happen to those you love, to the world at large, it is always a gamble a walk in to the unknown. Plans are illusionary, and even then all plans are merely constructs of the mind. Living is an act of faith. If you have ever felt love, or joy, you have jumped off the cliff.

Thoughts on Belief
I believe in belief as a tool towards understanding the philosophical, cultural, spiritual, among a few, facets of the human condition.

I believe that belief in and of itself is a prison and a doorway, an end and a beginning, belief is an intangible, integral part of the human condition, our belief is the tool with which we create our view of reality, whether we choose to be aware of what we believe in or we ignore the very basic idea that a human can not exist without belief.

For those of you who believe in nothing, just broaden that last statement you shall see that there is no room for argument, just as all perceptions are subjective to the viewer, no human can survive without belief, whether it be belief in nothing, or belief in something, belief in the self or others, science/religion.......

Belief is humanities way of whistling in the dark, of laughing at the void of mystery that threatens to engulf us as we probe the folds of reality for answers, belief is a sibling of imagination, through belief and imagination, all the finer manifestations of humanity are realized, and also the baser. As much as belief and faith are bashed, they are also fundamental stepping stones to the understanding of self.

Belief should always be tempered with humor, self-awareness, and flexibility, used in such a way, it is one of the finest qualities humans possess. The ability to believe goes beyond the ability to think.

I believe in belief, and that's what I believe about belief, I also believe that these beliefs are prone to change and as I change they also shall.

Thoughts on Wishes
I wish.

If wishes were horse we all would ride. Where do we find the saddles though, I don't know about you but I've never ridden bareback. I'm sure as sure I'd lose my footing and fall like so many other stars wished upon.

Do stars hear our wishes? Do we annoy them?

And if we are the stars, then where have all our wishes gone?

Dropped like coins in a fountain, lost in the swirl of other tidal forces, lost from the moment they jump from our grasp, but were they ever ours to lose?

If I wish a wish, and you wish the same wish, which of us owns the wish?

Do we share?

Should we? If I shared my wishes with you, laid them all open and bare, like pinpoints of light studding Orion's belt, visible only as the sun sets in shadows, would you know them for what they were, would you see some of your light reflected in my will's intention or would you see nothing at all?