Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-12-2011, 05:32 AM
Vey

Inner Sanctuaries and curiosity

Hi everyone,

As a person of a relatively young spiritual walk, I haven't had many chances to inquire unto others about their own means of spiritual expansion/development/achievement, etc. So, I would like to make one such specific inquiry per the topic of Inner Sanctuaries and their concepts/methods that people may hold to them.

Briefly to establish my own standpoint, I have been practicing meditation for a while, mainly breath focusing and simplistic visualizations. So recently upon trying to become more in tune with my higher self, I began feeling this Inner Sanctuary, and letting it be.

I'll spare the whole story for brevity's sake, but basically my own is currently two clearings in a beautiful woodland, a stream connecting the two. In the smaller (which I always arrive in first), a tree stump sits in the middle. The larger, a great obsidian-like pyramid-temple for my own deeper meditations and connections to my soul.

So! If any of you share such places, what are they like for you? Do you use them in the same ways? I'd like to know, for curiosity's sake :)
Old 22-12-2011, 05:44 AM
DulcePoetica

Mine is dark and blue-grey like twilight and it is a labyrinth of caves and paths and hiding places. It is full of mysteries and safe for exploring. I have a friend with me in there, and sometimes we play like children, sometimes we just build a tree together that we can sit under and watch the imaginary stars.

It is my favorite place in the universe.
Old 22-12-2011, 05:54 AM
Vey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
It is my favorite place in the universe.

I don't think I can agree with this any more of my own. It is wonderful, no?

I physically had tears the first time I discovered it. Joyous it was.
Old 22-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Master

The place I go when I attempt to meditate is the roof of a lighthouse, in the middle of the night on a tiny atolle out at sea with nothing but low waves for a horizon. But I made it myself afaik rather than 'discovering' it. Maybe I should try to discover a place for this purpose.
Old 22-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Vey

Well to clarify a bit, the pyramid I mentioned is technically constructed, as it wasn't there the first time I came to the sanctuary. My guide instructed me to place it in order to get closer to myself, as a means of "recapturing emanated energies." but the clearing itself was discovered.

WhiteWarrior, I do recommend finding this place, it usually represents the most purely comfortable and beautiful place in your soul, thus making it very easy to meditate deeply. Just let it come to mind :)
Old 22-12-2011, 03:20 PM
DulcePoetica

I do have many places I visit, but the one I described was actually a place I discovered during a writing exercise. In fact, ironically, I called what I wrote, "Inner Sanctuary" so this thread title really jumped out at me!

I imagined a person visiting the truest me possible in any conceivable realm, and I asked myself: What would my dwelling place look and feel like to a first time visitor?
Old 22-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
I imagined a person visiting the truest me possible in any conceivable realm, and I asked myself: What would my dwelling place look and feel like to a first time visitor?

Hmmm, that sounds like a good idea for visualisation. Thanks.
Old 22-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Guide
Hi,
Mine is gold and pink-white light like an eternal mist/
Now and then great sparks.
Incredibly peaceful.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.
Old 22-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Master
Most anywhere out in nature is where I like to be. I have shared photographs in another section of a place I go to quite frequently. I jog, walk and run and it's like I wander into another dimension there and it's amazing and mind boggling and tranforming. Wish I could stay in that place. I've had it happen on my own property as well, so I am thankful.