Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 23-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Master
"And I just re-read your list and there's an interesting flow from first song to last...
From dark places to brighter hopes...LOL...if you planned it that way, I applaud the message!"
Stevek, you got me !
Old 23-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Master
I kinda like Yellow Submarine and Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, have a fun innocent sound and a spacey on something yet innocent bent.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Atrocity - Cold Black Days

Rob Zombie - Dragula

Agathodaimon - Contemplation Song

(to add to the others: Reise Reise and Valparaiso)
Old 04-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Suspended
Domain - The Future Sound of London

I've wanted this since I first heard it years ago - it's so hauntingly beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBVpCnOd038
Old 04-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Master
first this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEqpdSKdpxs (full version, better.. ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDw3CyOmj20

then this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUuUg95y2dA&feature=fvsr

then this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQN5JCnRevQ

perhaps also this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7JrvjMD3xE

and just for good measure, 'Always look on the Bright Side of Life' by Monty Python. (probably a common choice, as well as the Loreena Mckennitt one)

Perhaps that is a bit selfish to ask people to sit through that much music, but i love music, and they can wander towards the buffet when the monty python one starts.

This list is subject to possible heavy revision except for one song, which is most likely making the cut one way or another, Loreena one might be too heavy for the occasion actually for me, put it in there because love the song, came across it relatively recently. (love other songs on that album and 'Mirror and the Mask also)
Old 04-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Master
oo can I come deus? Life is like a bowl of allbran for me too lol I totally resonate with that hehe
Old 04-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Master
most certainly kate.

I like your pick btw. Fits perfectly. Maybe i will make a funeral mixtape at some point, there is probably alot of songs i haven't considered yet that im sure will be absolutely necessary to include. i wouldn't dare make anyone sit through over an hour of music at the funeral. Maybe hand out a mix cd to all the guests, like goody bags at a birthday kind of concept (goody bad at my deathday instead lol) Little 'parting gift' for everyone
Old 04-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Master
sorry, im in a delerious sort of mood right now. Need sleep. Life is good. Here or hereafter..

peace . ~
Old 04-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumar
Does ANYONE go to a funeral and actually listen to the music playing? lol

But if I must answer, it's going to be the formal music for a funeral.

I think that sometimes the music is remembered. My dad liked Elvis and two of his gospel songs were sang by the family.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Seeker
Over the Rainbow - Judy Garland, My Sweet Lord - George Harrison and the hymnn Jerusalem.