Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-06-2013, 07:04 PM
inky_1

Question OBE with someone else awake in the room?

Have any of you had an OBE with someone else awake in the room?

I wanted to share an experience that I had in college that I am just now realizing was pretty awesome :)

I'll start by explaining that my OBEs and AP are completely beyond my control - they happen at random & I cannot induce the experience. In fact, the harder I try, the less likely it is to happen.

When I was in college, I had a roommate (like most of us do). One day, I was sleeping, and I began to have an OBE (though at the time I didn't even know what OBEs or AP were). It actually began as sleep paralysis - at the time, I actually thought that during these episodes, my eyes literally did open. I thought I was dreaming with my eyes open.

I saw her and her boyfriend come into the room; saw her go into the bathroom and her boyfriend stand at the sink, etc. I was trying to talk to them, but was struggling. I was moving around a lot, but it was very difficult - remember, I had no idea what was really going on. I thought that I opened my eyes, moved my mouth, and tried to sit up/move around the bed. They eventually left.

Later that evening, I asked her and him if they had seen me open my eyes and if I'd actually tried to move around because I wanted to confirm that I was, in fact, "dreaming with my eyes open" and was curious if I did actually move around during these experiences.

They said that I had not moved at all or opened my eyes at all - and they confirmed that everything that I saw had, indeed, taken place exactly as I saw it. That was the first time that I realized that I wasn't just "dreaming w/ my eyes open," and it was the first time I began to even question these experiences at all.

Can anyone relate??
Old 20-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Experiencer

I have plenty of times.
"It will remain remarkable, in what ever way our future concepts may develop, that the very study of the external world led to the scientific conclusion that the content of the consciousness is the ultimate universal reality." -Eugene Wigner, physicist and Nobel Prize winner.