Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-02-2020, 07:23 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Jnana Yoga: The Path of Knowledge

Vedantic Self-Enquiry | Swami Sarvapriyananda

https://youtu.be/u7igxaF3cUY

Swmai Vivekananda's talks on Jnana Yoga

https://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.i...a_contents.htm
Old 18-02-2020, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Vedantic Self-Enquiry | Swami Sarvapriyananda

https://youtu.be/u7igxaF3cUY

Swmai Vivekananda's talks on Jnana Yoga

https://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.i...a_contents.htm

Although this talk was given in Boston, I've had several opportunities to listen to Swami Sarvapriyananda speak in person at the Vedanta Society in NYC. He speaks quite well.
Old 18-02-2020, 10:14 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Although this talk was given in Boston, I've had several opportunities to listen to Swami Sarvapriyananda speak in person at the Vedanta Society in NYC. He speaks quite well.

When the weather is better I want to hop an Amtrak out of Albany and catch one of his talks. Right now I think he's a bit busy maybe at Princeton, taking some philosophy classes. He mentioned that in one of his recent talks and I'm not sure when he'll be finished and more available.

That's my old stomping grounds. I'm originally from Far Rockaway and we use to take the LIRR into Penn all the time for Central Park outings, Laser shows at Hayden Planetarium, fireworks shows at Battery Park, concerts at the Garden and park, etc...
Old 19-02-2020, 01:55 PM
Color

Oh. I see I didn't post anything ---I just went right to the links.
Vivekananda is one of 'my guys'...changed my
thinking in probably '72 -
one teaching a housemate would just say randomly out loud around the house...a yr later it sunk in.
Repetition is great.

And Ramana, well, I have a book pulled out on the bookshelf so his face looks at me all the time.
One time, I told here already, I looked at him and ZAP - my consciousness went to such a place!
I was stunned for a couple hours at the message that was 'downloaded' into my brain, my entire being, wow!
(My funny story is like a zombie, tho, felt bad that my dog wanted to play ball...she even felt my aura change
and would bring the ball and just drop it at my feet and step back...LOL..she never does that, nor since!
I mean I was zapped by some Higher Power like when Yukteswar met Yogananda...zap.

These moments happen to me often. Fun to talk about them.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-02-2020, 02:38 PM
Wow, I clicked onto 'The Absolute and Manifestation'...excellent.
An excerpt:

Here is one of the profoundest passages in Vedanta:
"He that is the Essence of your soul, He is the Truth, He is the Self, thou art That, O Shvetaketu."
This is what is meant by "Thou art God." You cannot describe Him by any other language.
All attempts of language, calling Him father, or brother, or our dearest friend, are attempts to objectify God,
which cannot be done.
He is the Eternal Subject of everything.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-02-2020, 02:44 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Wow, I clicked onto 'The Absolute and Manifestation'...excellent.

I have "Vivekananda: The Yogas and Other Works" in hard cover. Excellent book and covers much of what's on this site. It also has an excellent biography of Vivekananda's life.

I'm taking my time and still in the Jnana Yoga section at about page 350 out of almost 1,000 pages. LOL!

EDIT: What I like to do is, while reading a particular speech, go to Vedanta NY or Southern California and find and watch one or more of Swami Sarvapriyananda's related talks.
Old 19-02-2020, 06:30 PM
Color

An aside: Funny thing, I know,
I still call Him my Father --- this is how He comes to me...what can I say.
I still don't care to be the sugar...I want to taste the sugar...even
be in love with the sugar....it's m'thing.
Not being It - being in love with 'It'.

Does the heart really want to be 'the Nothingness'? Does it want to be The Absolute;
in a Void of an Ocean of Peace before Creation? Alone? The energy in the seed only?
Or ... the flower reaching for the warmth of the Sun?

Old 20-02-2020, 12:35 AM
Master
You are an inseperable extension of your eternally ever expanding infinite source of being, of infinite intelligence, eternal wisdom and unconditional love. So anything that you do that quiets your self contradictory energy motional perspective / thought patterns/stream that you hold actively within you, allows your greater allowed realisation, of your own ability to always know exactly what you need to know when you need to know it. But the allowing itself, it cannot be done. It can only be allowed.

So through yoga or meditation, you can only come to a greater awareness of your own unconditional ability to allow, your self being the knowledge. Allowing your greater allowed realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore effortlessly and naturally and joyfully and eternally here and now.
Old 20-02-2020, 02:36 AM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
You are an inseperable extension of your eternally ever expanding infinite source of being,
of infinite intelligence, eternal wisdom and unconditional love.
So anything that you do that quiets your self contradictory energy motional perspective / thought patterns/stream t
hat you hold actively within you, allows your greater allowed realisation,
of your own ability to always know exactly what you need to know when you need to know it. But the allowing itself, it cannot be done.
It can only be allowed.

So through yoga or meditation, you can only come to a greater awareness
of your own unconditional ability to allow,
your self being the knowledge.
Allowing your greater allowed realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore effortlessly
and naturally and joyfully and eternally here and now.
Very well said. Impressive and spot on.

Old 20-02-2020, 02:41 AM
Master

Am enjoying this thread ... best to keep quiet and listen!