Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-04-2020, 02:47 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Hey Greenslade,

I'm doing ok,hope all is well at your end and your family.

Sorry for the late reply as i'm dealing with something,a bug,and in my own way.

I get and understand what you've relayed,thanks.

Your one of a few,let alone relate on two fingers,someone that is not only open and honest,but relays with life experience and with all honesty.

Much appreciated.

Take care.: )
Hi there Ant

Glad to hear you're getting there buddy, you'll do fine. A real Life story like yours is what we need more of in here I think, perhaps if more were to share experiences ...... But anyway, it's was good to catch you on the way past anyway.
For me it's moments like these that make it all worth it, and while we can't change the past we can change our perceptions of it and what we can do with it. There'll be another campfire along the way, so get yourself well and come out fighting again when you've chased it away.
Old 03-05-2020, 04:30 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
The self that a no-separation sensibility refutes is the one that doesn’t exist - the one that is not here, now in this wide-awake happen-ing state of present experience. I sometimes refer to this as the ‘happened self’ as it solely resides in memory and narrative - not in actuality - it’s a persistent and convincing delusion upheld in mind.*

But let’s be clear, in the absence of this phantom self, the matrix of body-mind-activity still endures and its biological proclivities still arise. There is still the play of an individuated matrix which we can’t just reason away or trust that it will disappear when our narratives and memory are let go of. It persists in the same way as a tree persists or a bird or a stone etc.

Yet like the tree and the stone it has no inherent existence or self-origination and therefore no ultimate reality - it is activity, expression, patterning (for want of a description) of THIS - of wholeness. THIS or wholeness is the only actor. But it acts (in the case of a doing, for instance) VIA the individuated matrix.

It is via this play of the individuated matrix that identification arises. Source has no need for identity. So to a question such as, who is it that makes a cup of tea or fills in the tax returns? Strictly speaking, there is no separate one to make tea - there is only THIS - Source or wholeness manifest. But to pacify the intellect (in the context of a forum set up or similar) it is helpful to answer something like, Source… presenting as the body-mind-matrix makes tea or takes an aspirin for a headache or fills in the tax returns or avoids walking in front of speeding trucks etc.

Ultimately a question such as ‘who am I’ leads to the source of the intellect - but by then the question is meaningless.

* The sentient body-mind organism is biologically adapted to have a sense of individuated orientation. Over time the individuated orientation accumulates a reflective history which builds into a (almost incessant) self-reflective narrative. This history/narrative conceptually congeals to become a kind of pseudo entity - the happened self (also known as the psychological self or the remembered self.)

Well said. Spot on.