Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-04-2020, 01:51 PM
Knower

Apparitions of the Virgin have appeared on more than five hundred reported occasions. The first such apparition occurred in 1251 when Our Lady of Mount Carmel declared that She would descend into Purgatory to rescue anybody in the world who had followed certain of Her instructions.

The latest mention of Purgatory by Our Lady occurred at Heede, Germany in 1938. When the apparition was asked for Her identity she stated: "I am Queen of the Poor Souls in Purgatory."

I think we may take it therefore that most souls proceed at death either directly to the heavenly realm, or to purgatory, or to the realm of the prince of darkness if they have worshipped him while on Earth.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untersberg56
Apparitions of the Virgin have appeared on more than five hundred reported occasions. The first such apparition occurred in 1251 when Our Lady of Mount Carmel declared that She would descend into Purgatory to rescue anybody in the world who had followed certain of Her instructions.

The latest mention of Purgatory by Our Lady occurred at Heede, Germany in 1938. When the apparition was asked for Her identity she stated: "I am Queen of the Poor Souls in Purgatory."

I think we may take it therefore that most souls proceed at death either directly to the heavenly realm, or to purgatory, or to the realm of the prince of darkness if they have worshipped him while on Earth.

Have you considered the very likely possibility that all those virgin mary apparitions may be hoaxes or simply the result of mass hysteria? I won't rule out that a purgatory-like place may exist, but a prince of darkness is made up by organised religion to scare people into blind obedience. I've read a lot of NDEs, and although it may be difficult to determine which ones are actually genuine, I encountered a very few if any that involved such stuff.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Perhaps this "flesh prison" as you call it, is but one realm of an afterlife of the one that came before it. Then whatchagonado?

lol, I suppose in that case there's nothing much that can be done about it.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:40 PM
Master
Quote:

What we may take from that is that people's mystical experiences are culturally embedded, and don't really say much about life after death or where we go. It offers very little to humanity as a whole beyond the interests of psychologists or those studying the variety of religious experience. These experiences are interesting for the person involved and say something about his/her life, fears and wishes, in a similar way dreams do.

If you broaden your horizon a bit you'll find that people of different cultures and religions see/hear/feel different deities, spiritual 'truths' and concepts, and they also seemingly 'justify' and 'support' what they happen to believe in, or are attracted towards. The next step is to find others who believe the same and collect scripture to further validate the belief and build the foundation.

All in all useful to an individual ((for a certain time..)) but doesn't tell us anything about what will really happen or how the universe works.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:22 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
lol, I suppose in that case there's nothing much that can be done about it.

Sure there is! You can shake your fist at the sky, or at passing cars on the street. You can eavesdrop on peoples conversations and then when they notice you, you just shake your head and mutter, "Idiots!", under your breath. All sorts of fun things to do. I mean you can't just let them get away with it.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:57 PM
Knower

Slayer of Light
Altair

Naturally you miss the point. Who said anything about "the Virgin Mary"? Kindly broaden your horizons more than "a bit".
Old 04-04-2020, 07:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Naturally you miss the point. Who said anything about "the Virgin Mary"? Kindly broaden your horizons more than "a bit".

Actually, I think you did when you mentioned Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

From Wikipedia:

Our Lady of Mount Carmel is the title given to the Blessed Virgin Mary in her role as patroness of the Carmelite Order.

And you say I think we may take it therefore that most souls proceed at death either directly to the heavenly realm, or to purgatory, or to the realm of the prince of darkness if they have worshipped him while on Earth.

Yet for billions of people in the world, these Christian references are irrelevant.

Peace
Old 09-04-2020, 02:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Sure there is! You can shake your fist at the sky, or at passing cars on the street. You can eavesdrop on peoples conversations and then when they notice you, you just shake your head and mutter, "Idiots!", under your breath. All sorts of fun things to do. I mean you can't just let them get away with it.

I could also attend concerts of my favorite bands for free?
Old 09-04-2020, 04:33 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I could also attend concerts of my favorite bands for free?
Sure, just remember to practice proper social distancing, otherwise the cost could be much higher than anticipated.

Or, you could put on a pair of headphones and have a free concert in your very own recliner, and have something to sip on when you do. I can see you now. Sitting there in your lazy boy with a cold beverage (or hot) on the table next to you, your headphones in, all cozy with your slippers and jammies on, jammin out to Julie Andrews in the sound of music. You look so happy and peaceful.

Anyway, glad to see you are finding things on the bright side to look at.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Sure, just remember to practice proper social distancing, otherwise the cost could be much higher than anticipated.

Or, you could put on a pair of headphones and have a free concert in your very own recliner, and have something to sip on when you do. I can see you now. Sitting there in your lazy boy with a cold beverage (or hot) on the table next to you, your headphones in, all cozy with your slippers and jammies on, jammin out to Julie Andrews in the sound of music. You look so happy and peaceful.

Anyway, glad to see you are finding things on the bright side to look at.

Replace Julie Andrews with Tom Araya and you're pretty close.