Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 23-06-2015, 12:24 AM
Knower
Question Twin Flames? When did people suddenly become obsessed with them.

Hi

While I don't doubt that some people experience a relationship that amounts to a powerful soul connection, I do wonder when the sudden (for me at least) obsession with Twin Flames came about?

It seems that recently, young girls here on SF (it's almost always girls) are constantly questioning their relationships against a sort of twinflame-o-meter. Another thing these twin flames seem to do a lot is 'run' (?) Is running far and fast away from someone symptomatic of this twin flame phenomenon?

Has this replaced the 'Am I an indigo child?' trend I saw here a few years ago? Is TF the new black?

Can someone please keep me up to date on the latest spiritual crisis trends
Old 23-06-2015, 05:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Tourist
Hi

While I don't doubt that some people experience a relationship that amounts to a powerful soul connection, I do wonder when the sudden (for me at least) obsession with Twin Flames came about?

It seems that recently, young girls here on SF (it's almost always girls) are constantly questioning their relationships against a sort of twinflame-o-meter. Another thing these twin flames seem to do a lot is 'run' (?) Is running far and fast away from someone symptomatic of this twin flame phenomenon?

Has this replaced the 'Am I an indigo child?' trend I saw here a few years ago? Is TF the new black?

Can someone please keep me up to date on the latest spiritual crisis trends

Imo, I think at the very core of the subject, people are learning and growing from their personal experiences, and these stories about connections; whether we call them twin flames or simply love ( even the most uncomprehending stories) are simply part of a spiritual journey of self discovery.
Old 23-06-2015, 08:11 AM
Knower
Self discovery is wonderful and should definitely be encouraged, but I do worry that some girls may be using this twin flame concept as a replacement for the Disney (or perhaps the Twilight) version of true love.

Love can be very confusing and mind-blowing at any time/age, but gauging all matters of the heart against a Twin Flame yardstick seems like a one-way ticket to adding more pressure and confusion.

But...what do I know? Maybe great learning can come from taking part in such trends. Here's hoping!
Old 23-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Tourist
Self discovery is wonderful and should definitely be encouraged, but I do worry that some girls may be using this twin flame concept as a replacement for the Disney (or perhaps the Twilight) version of true love.

Love can be very confusing and mind-blowing at any time/age, but gauging all matters of the heart against a Twin Flame yardstick seems like a one-way ticket to adding more pressure and confusion.

But...what do I know? Maybe great learning can come from taking part in such trends. Here's hoping!

I totally understand your point of view. I would be lying if I said I took all stories serious, however, I do think at the same token,a lot of our first love stories do happen at a very young age. I am sure 10 or 15 years from now when these young souls mature and grow they will remember their first experience with a connection and will be able to explain and analyze it much differently than they do now. I have read stories where people carry these connections for years.

But it is true, the internet is a funny and dangerous place. There is so much misinformation on life in general, there are so many ridiculous memes and love quotes that get passed around on social media on how men and would should treat each other. Not including the over sexualized images we see of women. Talk about pressure. I am so glad I grew up in the 80's and 90's.[wipes sweat off forehead]
Old 23-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I totally understand your point of view. I would be lying if I said I took all stories serious, however, I do think at the same token,a lot of our first love stories do happen at a very young age. I am sure 10 or 15 years from now when these young souls mature and grow they will remember their first experience with a connection and will be able to explain and analyze it much differently than they do now. I have read stories where people carry these connections for years.

I reckon you're right Clover. They could be our enlightened ones one day on matters of love. As we all know, some of the best understanding began in chaos.

Quote:
I am so glad I grew up in the 80's and 90's.[wipes sweat off forehead]

Hahahahahaha I think we should get a medal for surviving the 80s.
Old 23-06-2015, 08:35 AM
Deactivated Account

I see that too, 'twin flame o meter' lol! I agree, people are desperate for their 'other half', and don't realise how much torture and hell it actually involves.

Better to just see them compassionately, be grateful they're not ready to actually meet a twin-flame connection. And know that one day they will regret ever obsessing over the matter.
Old 23-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden

Better to just see them compassionately, be grateful they're not ready to actually meet a twin-flame connection. And know that one day they will regret ever obsessing over the matter.

Wise answer ScarlettHayden
Old 23-06-2015, 02:18 PM
Master

the pull is very strong. the 8th chakra, the unity has opened. they feel the unity and they think the connection is just between a chosen few. but it is more then that.

kk
Old 23-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
the pull is very strong. the 8th chakra, the unity has opened. they feel the unity and they think the connection is just between a chosen few. but it is more then that.

kk

That's a good way of seeing it kk. Perhaps they will emerge from all of this, as Clover mentioned, with a new understanding of love within this new conscious energy.

....Or they could turn 40, and wear sweat pants all day while watching back to back episodes of The Witches of East End, wondering where it all went wrong. I'm hoping for the former
Old 07-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern

kk

the 8th chakra? - Is this in the Hindu system or one of our 16-chakra systems?

Is there an elevator up to the 8th? It's such a lazy day I don't fancy walking up.