Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 03-02-2018, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
When? I'll need to stay in to take delivery of the piano and wand. Thanks if you can let me know.
Gave me a good chuckle.

But seriously... Inavalan, the thoughts you've expressed are interesting. What you're asserting would come to life more if you illustrated the truth behind the principle with examples from your own life.

Possibly your life has changed fantastically for the better by applying the principle. Maybe you're in a place now, in your life, that is far better and more satisfying than it was, say, a couple of years ago, or five years ago, or whatever. Maybe you have everything you've wanted.

How about just a wee bit of how what you've expressed (in the OP) has played-out for you?
Old 03-02-2018, 08:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
Gave me a good chuckle.

But seriously... Inavalan, the thoughts you've expressed are interesting. What you're asserting would come to life more if you illustrated the truth behind the principle with examples from your own life.

Possibly your life has changed fantastically for the better by applying the principle. Maybe you're in a place now, in your life, that is far better and more satisfying than it was, say, a couple of years ago, or five years ago, or whatever. Maybe you have everything you've wanted.

How about just a wee bit of how what you've expressed (in the OP) has played-out for you?
This is a good example: your reply triggered the beginning of a negative emotion in me (I guess that was your intention).

So, I'm pivoting away of it: not engaging you gives me a pleasant emotion. Not giving it attention, I push your reply away from my reality.

I exercise my free will, and leave you exercise yours.

I preserve my joy (by not engaging into an unpleasant exchange); you preserve yours (if your reply gave you pleasure; although I doubt it, because you were sarcastic, a negative emotion; it attracts its likes for you).
Old 03-02-2018, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
This is a good example: your reply triggered the beginning of a negative emotion in me (I guess that was your intention).

So, I'm pivoting away of it: not engaging you gives me a pleasant emotion. Not giving it attention, I push your reply away from my reality.

I preserve my joy (by not engaging into an unpleasant exchange); you preserve yours (if your reply gave you pleasure; although I doubt it, because you were sarcastic, a negative emotion; it attracts its likes for you).
You're free to pivot away and not engage. I actually did not post to irritate you or argue against what you posted. I hope things are working well in your life.

In the past, I've often asked people to share some of their experience with a method, technique, or approach. Just because it brings things to life.

P.S. I often enjoy Lorelyen's cleverness & sense of humor, and what I said to her doesn't mean anything more than that here.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:20 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

Curious.....

Why negative?

One cannot validate practices such as these for oneself without dialectic. I agree with Tanemon, a practical example or two would help. It seems a fair assumption that you have such experiences so why not? However, it is an assumption on my part that may be wrong. And...people are as they are, entitled to react as they will.

I leave it at that.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:21 AM
Master
My view of LOA, is that affirmations do indeed require a high amount of faith, where there are those whom do post in this section about how they wanted something, and have not gotten it (YET), it is possible entirely that a lack of faith may be at play.

Say an individual is looking to change career, dreaming of it- well if one does not have the Faith in oneself, and the Faith that this can be achieved is it too far of a stretch to think they are coming from low esteem thinking in the first instance? How does one have the strength and pure guts to change a career in the first place, if one is continuously coming from a lack of confidence. One is dejecting oneself imo in such case.

Also I have other thoughts on this, other than the faith aspect, I do agree action is required. One can't simply want and wish for something, that is not coming from Faith, one must believe with faith beyond a shadow, but one can not as well sit in a stasis and remain stagnant.

Let me give you a recent life example of mine, I love blue butterflies and have a few art and decorative blue butterflies in my home. I love the colors blue and red together and have been decorating with those colors, recently I've thought- I'd love to find some red butterflies to go with these blue ones, and not monarch variety I mean real solid red. Have I found them yet? No. Am I depressed over it or having doubt or upset in a negative way about it? No. Is there something I can do to bring them about sooner? Yes, I can use my own creative, energy, lifeforce, Chi, and embroider some myself, and hang them in a frame. I may actually like it better to make some, why? It keeps me occupied, I love to embroider and I can decide the features in the art work, it wont be something that comes as a pattern and that is how it is. It would be something I create myself and I have personal say in how I'd like it to look.

My final thoughts on LOA and this is very important and probably one of the more important aspects I can emphasize on why LOA or manifesting one's reality may not work- in and especially in the case of relationship and it is this simply:

Will.

And no not one's own. People somehow manage to fail to compute that just because you like Jim, want Jim, and think you love Jim, and you use LOA or affirmation to try and bring Jim to you. Well point number one- you may wish to take into consideration how Jim actually feels about this- why? Well just because by will you want something (Jim) does not take into consideration that Jim also has a will and what if by Jim's will he likes and wants Becky?

That is only a fraction of my thoughts as I myself have been testing and utilizing LOA. I am sure I have many more, and also certain I have many more thoughts on it still that I have even yet come to. This indeed may only scratch the surface.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Personally I think that sometimes you do not get exactly what you have been asking for, because what you have been asking for is not what you REALLY want.

There was a problem with an unpaid bill, and I tried money manifestation. While no extra money appeared the issue has been solved. So that I can continue my journey undisturbed by financial issues. Which is exactly what I wanted. That, and I changed my view on money. I do not see it as something negative anymore, but as a tool that can be properly used, abused or overused like almost anything else.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
Personally I think that sometimes you do not get exactly what you have been asking for, because what you have been asking for is not what you REALLY want.

There was a problem with an unpaid bill, and I tried money manifestation. While no extra money appeared the issue has been solved. So that I can continue my journey undisturbed by financial issues. Which is exactly what I wanted. That, and I changed my view on money. I do not see it as something negative anymore, but as a tool that can be properly used, abused or overused like almost anything else.

I can resonate with this view of it as well. As you say sometimes we may think we want money- but in actuality what we are wanting is able to come to us in other ways as well. I want money for this- may end up being someone giving you that (if we are speaking items for example) thing you wanted instead of coming into the money.

This reminds as well about my intention of red butterflies, I didn't receive a red one, but have concluded I could very well make some artwork featuring red butterflies.

As far as finding a red one or two at the store as I had wanted goes, no did not find red ones, but I did happen to find another blue one. Blue butterflies are probably not a rarity, and I have been finding them in abundance, but the underlying feeling also counts for something IMO, blue butterflies are not exactly what I intended as I intended indeed to change up the color to see how it would play out, but I do appreciate what I already have, and the blue butterfly chime I was able to find, uplifts my spirit while in my sacred space (bedroom/ home) and I enjoy where I've hung it.

We can't always get what we want.. yeah you guys know how the rest of that song goes right?
Old 05-02-2018, 12:46 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
My view of LOA, is that affirmations do indeed require a high amount of faith, where there are those whom do post in this section about how they wanted something, and have not gotten it (YET), it is possible entirely that a lack of faith may be at play.
Absolutely. You have to vehemently believe it's possible, so it must be practical so you can believe it possible.

Magick will never work, whether it's ceremonial magick, LOA of Affirmation if the person doesn't believe in what they're doing.

Where affirmations win is that doubts are overriden by the persistence of the affirmation. The affirmer is drilling into themselves that it will come to pass.

Quote:
Also I have other thoughts on this, other than the faith aspect, I do agree action is required. One can't simply want and wish for something, that is not coming from Faith, one must believe with faith beyond a shadow, but one can not as well sit in a stasis and remain stagnant.
Some wishes can be manifested simply with a little planning and work. From my (admittedly short) time on this forum I've read about failures and disappointment. Several times it's clear that the person isn't prepared to do some hard physical work toward their aim.

There seems to be much confusion between LoA and Affirmation. They're different. They're applied differently. Whether recent books on the subject(s)have tried to bracket them together I don't know but the confusion can lead to lower probability of a result if either are misapplied.

As I see it.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Deactivated Account
From my personal experience, I don't think things work that way.