Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-07-2019, 08:56 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' because we owed a debt that we could not pay '

What was that debt that we couldn't pay?

We are guilty of SIN for violating God's holy Law. There would be no salvation without the law.

Quote:
' If you break one commandment, you will have then broken them all. '

What was the point of Commandments then?

Perhaps at one point (before the fall in Genesis, the law was capable of being kept). However, since then we have all inherited a cursed nature. God does not tell us to clean up our life, amend our ways, commit to do better in the future, nor forsake the world to be saved. The Law of God shows us of our vile wicked condition and our desperate need for the Savior. We are all guilty of breaking the commandments, whether by act or thought.

Without the law of God, no man or woman would see him/herself as a guilty sinner, which is necessary to believe and understand the Gospel. We must see our desperate need for the Savior. It's imperative to know what we are being saved from.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Determined
We are guilty of SIN for violating God's holy Law. There would be no salvation without the law.

Perhaps at one point (before the fall in Genesis, the law was capable of being kept). However, since then we have all inherited a cursed nature. God does not tell us to clean up our life, amend our ways, commit to do better in the future, nor forsake the world to be saved. The Law of God shows us of our vile wicked condition and our desperate need for the Savior. We are all guilty of breaking the commandments, whether by act or thought.

Without the law of God, no man or woman would see him/herself as a guilty sinner, which is necessary to believe and understand the Gospel. We must see our desperate need for the Savior. It's imperative to know what we are being saved from.

we haven't got a cursed nature, because Jesus had a full human nature just like us, if we are cursed he would be too. Many people do need healing but it's not a curse. If you say Jesus didn't have a full human nature, then he wasn't really a man. This just makes the good news even better!

All i mean is i find its very easy to understand the gospel and it still works even better without all the heavy bondage
Old 17-07-2019, 02:56 AM
Master
The only real sin is hurting another person unnecessarily. ....all other sins are invented nonsense.

Hurting yourself is not sinful. ....just stupid.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 17-07-2019, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:

' However, since then we have all inherited a cursed nature '
' Our vile wicked nature '

We? Our? Thankfully I don't see it as you do. Maybe it's the people you associate with who give you that impression.

Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change
Old 17-07-2019, 05:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I am not familiar with these.
Where are they from?

From the origins of the commandments, ' ancient Kemetic laws '.
Old 17-07-2019, 06:34 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
we haven't got a cursed nature, because Jesus had a full human nature just like us, if we are cursed he would be too. Many people do need healing but it's not a curse. If you say Jesus didn't have a full human nature, then he wasn't really a man. This just makes the good news even better!

All i mean is i find its very easy to understand the gospel and it still works even better without all the heavy bondage

According to Romans 5:12. ALL humans are born with a CURSED Sin nature! Adam’s spiritual death has been passed down to all of humanity.

This means we are ALL born spiritually dead. Adam and Eve would have lived forever had they not sinned. This is why each person MUST be born-again!

The term “born-again” means “being born for the second time.” There is the physical birth and then there is the spiritual birth. We are born spiritually dead into this world without God. We are all born with a fallen nature, a natural tendency to sin.
Old 17-07-2019, 07:09 AM
Knower

Quote:
We? Our? Thankfully I don't see it as you do. Maybe it's the people you associate with who give you that impression.

Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change

The typically Religious person may quote:

"I'm basically good, if anyone deserves to go to heaven, I certainly do!"

That person trusts in a faulty foundation of their own good efforts, their own religious deeds and their own ability to keep the law.

The problem that most people face is that they look and compare themselves with other people instead of God’s Word. It is unwise to compare ourselves to someone else because everybody is totally different.

Each one of us has been created in God’s own image, but very unique at the same time. There is no one else exactly like you nor will there ever be.

We must be careful about comparing ourselves with others. This unwise practice has caused many unsaved folks to believe a lie!

It’s very easy to view one’s self as being righteous if we COMPARE ourselves to our fellow mankind. Surely most people will look good in their own eyes if they watch the evening news as we hear of all the scandals and crimes being committed.

"I'm basically a SINNER. If anyone deserves to go to Hell, then I certainly do! But God has saved me by His grace."
Old 17-07-2019, 09:59 AM
Master
Quote:
The typically Religious person may quote:

"I'm basically good, if anyone deserves to go to heaven, I certainly do!"

That person trusts in a faulty foundation of their own good efforts, their own religious deeds and their own ability to keep the law.

The problem that most people face is that they look and compare themselves with other people instead of God’s Word. It is unwise to compare ourselves to someone else because everybody is totally different.

Each one of us has been created in God’s own image, but very unique at the same time. There is no one else exactly like you nor will there ever be.

We must be careful about comparing ourselves with others. This unwise practice has caused many unsaved folks to believe a lie!

It’s very easy to view one’s self as being righteous if we COMPARE ourselves to our fellow mankind. Surely most people will look good in their own eyes if they watch the evening news as we hear of all the scandals and crimes being committed.

"I'm basically a SINNER. If anyone deserves to go to Hell, then I certainly do! But God has saved me by His grace."

" I'm basically good, if anyone deserves to go to heaven, I certainly do!"
" I'm basically a SINNER. If anyone deserves to go to Hell, then I certainly do "

I personally have never heard anyone utter these words.

" Each one of us has been created in God’s own image "
And likeness.
Old 17-07-2019, 04:47 PM
Master

Quote:
According to Romans 5:12. ALL humans are born with a CURSED Sin nature! Adam’s spiritual death has been passed down to all of humanity.

This means we are ALL born spiritually dead. Adam and Eve would have lived forever had they not sinned. This is why each person MUST be born-again!

The term “born-again” means “being born for the second time.” There is the physical birth and then there is the spiritual birth. We are born spiritually dead into this world without God. We are all born with a fallen nature, a natural tendency to sin.

I don't believe in this idea expressed by Paul was ever meant to be taken so literally. Jesus said things that contradict him. nor was he Jesus. I believe in the things you are talking about by in a different way, that do not seem so literal and dogmatic
Old 17-07-2019, 06:48 PM
Deactivated Account
I miss a certain commandment that should've been added. ''Thou shalt not wear a shirt of any band thou doth not listened to.''

But to answer your question, as you are already aware, the bible is rather chaotic and full of errors and contradictions. So laws were changed and added under certain circumstances. I know it's illogical, but that's religion for ya.