Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 13-06-2019, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraja
How is it possible to exit delusion at any time, that imples we have control over our sense of reality, looking at the myriads of ways to find meaning through philosophy and various practices some of which would take years and years. The first problem is recognition of the delusion in the first place and then find a way that solves this, is that not why we have so many groups proclaiming answers. The simple truth is that in this case it is not possible to comprehend reality without somekind of interventin outside our control some call it grace

The steps to exit delusion are as follows -

Recognition that we ... meaning our consciousness experiences earth life through senses, stores the experiences into memory but .... interprets by thought.

Thought being of two types ... one in which there is a doer ... a thinker thinking. This is analytical thought. It fragments, bisects trying to join small pieces to reach a conclusion within the limitation of both perception as well as the thinking process itself. The other type of thought has no doer ... no separate identity / entity thinking. This is intuitive thought. It cognises the essence of the whole in an instant. The mechanism of its operation is simply connecting to Universal consciousness.

Our sense of separate identity ... the belief that we are a distinct separate consciousness having no interconnectivity with all other life, all other form ... is delusion. Our sense of separateness is called the ego.

We are actually formless consciousness in temporary occupation of bodily form which is a vehicle, an interface to navigate earth life.

We cannot believe this since our senses are externalised. So, the world we see around us with us as a separate entity seems real.

To exit delusion, all we need to do is reverse polarity. This means that we shift our attention away from the external ephemeral domain to the internal eternal. Within. We prioritise intuition rather than analytical thought. We internalise senses.

Why would we do this since it would turn our life upside down?

Seeking happiness, we do not find it in the external. Pleasure is fleeting. Pain magnified by thought becomes suffering. We feel helpless in limitation, in the contraction of our consciousness. We feel bound as though in prison.

Once we self realise voluntarily that happiness cannot be found in the external, we turn inwards. This self realisation is the step that enables us to rotate polarity as mentioned above.

Going in, within, there is no doing. There is undoing. Undoing conditioning of our past, of attachments that bind, confine and limit shrouding us in fear and enmeshing us in desire. There is no striving, no competing ... only connecting. Connecting our consciousness to Divine Love by listening to the voice of our conscience. We become a heart over head person.

Easy if we choose, impossible if we don’t.

And yes ... we have to walk the path ourself. Not alone though ... with Divine assistance.

Old 13-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraja
How is it possible to exit delusion at any time, that imples we have control over our sense of reality, looking at the myriads of ways to find meaning through philosophy and various practices some of which would take years and years. The first problem is recognition of the delusion in the first place and then find a way that solves this, is that not why we have so many groups proclaiming answers. The simple truth is that in this case it is not possible to comprehend reality without somekind of interventin outside our control some call it grace

We do have control over our sense of reality. For example, I spent some time feelinging like I was surrounded by insanity. I prayed at night for God to change the people I worked with so that I could be ok. LOL!!! Eventually the voice in my head said "You have no control over anyone else, the only control you have is what you think about them." It gave me pause and I decided that I needed to find one thing I liked about each of the people I thought were making me miserable. In the end, I learned a lot about each of them and was amazed that they survived some horrific life events and were able to function. Their way of coping was different than mine, but not worse or better. I realized my perceptions were under my control and had nothing to do with any outside forces OR God or any other fatalistic manipulation. We may not be able to choose what life "thows at us" but we are able to choose how we think and respond. So, no, none of our perceptions are outside of our control.

So, if you want to pretend like you are not responsible for your thought and actions, go ahead, but it will not serve you in the end.
Old 13-06-2019, 09:15 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
The steps to exit delusion are as follows -
When I saw this I stood up in attention inside....We are very lucky to have you here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very few know the part about 'undoing', btw...they have not
yet been exposed to the word itself.
(Come to think of it...sometimes many don't know about the Divine Assistant part.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
We may not be able to choose what life
"throws at us". but we are able to choose how we think and respond.
So, no, none of our perceptions are outside of our control.

So, if you want to pretend like you are not responsible for your thought
and actions, go ahead, but it will not serve you in the end.
I have a tendency now not to be surprised or mad at what happens in my life...
I was tossed a couple of curve balls in my normally easy life recently (pretty darn big curves, if I must say ...not simple
proverbial dents in my car!)...but I

saw them as (tho, hugely inconvenient, bordering on irritants that can cause slitting of the throat) , as Pretty Cool...
since obviously I was shown I was not as detached from this world as I thought..

(tho, I saw since I handled these things so well,....haha, I kinda saw I was actually lol )

The curve balls were just at the right time, just perfection...did I plan these before I came here?
Maybe..Maybe the plan was much bigger turmoil....
BUT, my point in writing is: Don't you find when you get over something...it doesn't happen anymore...
you have 'overcome ' it.
Now, there can be bigger and better curve balls...but not the same ones anymore.

You have knocked those pins down once and for all.

Just chatting with you cuz you seem to have a good head on your shoulders, girlfriend.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-06-2019, 02:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
When I saw this I stood up in attention inside....We are very lucky to have you here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very few know the part about 'undoing', btw...they have not
yet been exposed to the word itself.
(Come to think of it...sometimes many don't know about the Divine Assistant part.)

Actually, initially I thought I’d write ‘stretch & yawn’ but then I realised this is not the poetry section and figured a detailed note would be more apt

Old 20-06-2019, 02:22 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

It is! We always have the choice to exit delusion anytime, anywhere.

Yes, and eventually we always do so, again and again and again.
Old 20-06-2019, 03:57 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I have a tendency now not to be surprised or mad at what happens in my life...
I was tossed a couple of curve balls in my normally easy life recently (pretty darn big curves, if I must say ...not simple
proverbial dents in my car!)...but I

saw them as (tho, hugely inconvenient, bordering on irritants that can cause slitting of the throat) , as Pretty Cool...
since obviously I was shown I was not as detached from this world as I thought..

(tho, I saw since I handled these things so well,....haha, I kinda saw I was actually lol )

The curve balls were just at the right time, just perfection...did I plan these before I came here?
Maybe..Maybe the plan was much bigger turmoil....
BUT, my point in writing is: Don't you find when you get over something...it doesn't happen anymore...
you have 'overcome ' it.
Now, there can be bigger and better curve balls...but not the same ones anymore.

You have knocked those pins down once and for all.

Just chatting with you cuz you seem to have a good head on your shoulders, girlfriend.

Yes, I see that. I have experienced learning to adapt instead of resist and found that resistance causes something to persist and adaptation moves us forward. It is a kind of Jedi Mind Trick, really. These are not the droids you are looking for... We get to choose how we respond. I had to learn it the hard way, thinking I had a very hard life and that no one understood me. Now I have a comfortable life with very little strife, but I do have worries that I have to talk myself out of sometimes. And now, I speak in the moment instead of letting something stew for ever.
Old 20-06-2019, 09:05 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Karma is literally just 1 for 1 a synonym for Consequence.

Karma is NOT believing that every single happenstance will turn out a certain way or create a certain reaction. But rather Karma is more the fact that if you are on a given road, the longer you are on the road... the more over time you gaurantee you reach a given result. So if you're a serial murderer for instance. You may murder 1 person and get away with it. You may murder 2 people and get away with it, etc. But as long as you remain on that path /indefinitely/ as in you plan and have every intention to keep doing it.

Because you persistently and consistently walk down this path. Well think about it. All the possible scenarios where the good guys catch up with you and enact revenge or punishment. Can only happen and will only ever exist... /if/ you're walking down that path in the first place. Not only is it the only way it will ever happen to you, but the longer you go down that road... you ONLY get /closer and closer/ to driving yourself up a dead end lane. That you end up in one of those "Game Over" scenarios.

The same goes for good outcomes. If you're not pushing, if you're not trying and fighting to grow and improve and to reach success in life. Then you will never reach that point, and even if you do go down that path again you're not gauranteed to first get the specific intended outcome. But as long as you stick to that path, the odds that you will EVER get to that point become infinitely more likely.

Point being, Karma describes how we are given a chance to walk away from bad outcomes before they lead to negative consequences. Meanwhile that we are given the opportunity to MAKE a better future for ourselves.
Old 20-06-2019, 09:39 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerramineLightvoid
Karma is literally just 1 for 1 a synonym for Consequence.

Karma is NOT believing that every single happenstance will turn out a certain way or create a certain reaction. But rather Karma is more the fact that if you are on a given road, the longer you are on the road... the more over time you gaurantee you reach a given result. So if you're a serial murderer for instance. You may murder 1 person and get away with it. You may murder 2 people and get away with it, etc. But as long as you remain on that path /indefinitely/ as in you plan and have every intention to keep doing it.

Because you persistently and consistently walk down this path. Well think about it. All the possible scenarios where the good guys catch up with you and enact revenge or punishment. Can only happen and will only ever exist... /if/ you're walking down that path in the first place. Not only is it the only way it will ever happen to you, but the longer you go down that road... you ONLY get /closer and closer/ to driving yourself up a dead end lane. That you end up in one of those "Game Over" scenarios.

The same goes for good outcomes. If you're not pushing, if you're not trying and fighting to grow and improve and to reach success in life. Then you will never reach that point, and even if you do go down that path again you're not gauranteed to first get the specific intended outcome. But as long as you stick to that path, the odds that you will EVER get to that point become infinitely more likely.

Point being, Karma describes how we are given a chance to walk away from bad outcomes before they lead to negative consequences. Meanwhile that we are given the opportunity to MAKE a better future for ourselves.

I like this explanation. Karma seems to have become a word like God, everybody seems to have their own take on it, whatever the original meaning was. Yoga was not originally intended to just be the exercises meditators did to stay limber between long spats of sitting, yet now we have hot yoga, goat yoga, and frozen yoga... or maybe that last one is yogurt.

Quote:
"The same goes for good outcomes. If you're not pushing, if you're not trying and fighting to grow and improve and to reach success in life. Then you will never reach that point, and even if you do go down that path again you're not gauranteed to first get the specific intended outcome. But as long as you stick to that path, the odds that you will EVER get to that point become infinitely more likely."

This sounds a lot like the power of positive thinking. If you are more positive about your chances of success, you are more likely to keep trying despite your failures, and hence more likely to succeed. Others may attribute it to some sort of magical attraction that occurs, but I think the former explanation is probably a bit more likely to survive the cuts from Occam's razor.
Old 21-06-2019, 01:51 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I like this explanation. Karma seems to have become a word like God, everybody seems to have their own take on it, whatever the original meaning was. Yoga was not originally intended to just be the exercises meditators did to stay limber between long spats of sitting, yet now we have hot yoga, goat yoga, and frozen yoga... or maybe that last one is yogurt.
Well because it doesn't really matter what was originally intended by whoever invented the word. Words adapt and change meaning. The question is, is your use relevant? Mine is because it's constructive. It aims to enable an attitude where **** gets done. Shrug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
This sounds a lot like the power of positive thinking. If you are more positive about your chances of success, you are more likely to keep trying despite your failures, and hence more likely to succeed. Others may attribute it to some sort of magical attraction that occurs, but I think the former explanation is probably a bit more likely to survive the cuts from Occam's razor.
I don't see the world as magic, I see it as logic and fact. I break it down by it's rules and follow those. Reality is reality, so the victor is whoever knows how to respect Reality as much as possible. Yes, positive thinking moves in a positive direction with your actions. Thought leads to action, especially through Repitition.