Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 12-06-2019, 04:43 AM
Knower

“Every act a Ceremony.
Every word a Prayer.
Every walk a Pilgrimage.
Every place a Shrine.”

~ Charles Eisenstein
I may just add
Every happening an act of Divine.

Every day, Every moment, Life keeps throwing innumerable events, situations, thoughts, love & hate …. at us. Out of this 99.99% is simply beyond our control.

We walk into situations. Most of the times we are at a wrong place at the wrong time. Yes, very few times we are at the right place at the right time. What do we do?

Wise men tell that your “KARMA” (Action) is your own making. How you respond to whatever life throws at you is your own making.

Your life is your own making!!!!

I wish it were true
Namaskar
Old 12-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
....Every happening an act of Divine.
Every day, Every moment, Life keeps throwing innumerable events, situations, thoughts, love & hate …. at us. Out of this 99.99% is simply beyond our control.
We walk into situations. Most of the times we are at a wrong place at the wrong time. Yes, very few times we are at the right place at the right time. What do we do?

Wise men tell that your “KARMA” (Action) is your own making. How you respond to whatever life throws at you is your own making.
I wish it were true
Namaskar
Hi, I wondered if you could clarify for me to understand your message better...it seems on one hand you think--
-everything is an act of the Divine
-not often are we in the right place and time
-Life throws things at us
-99.99% of things are out of our control.
- your life is your own making
- I wish it were true...

Which is it for you personally?

I mean what are you trying to say, exactly.
Thanks.

(Oh, and, I don't know what Namaskar means, could you tell me? Also, what language, Hindi?)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Guide
Quote:
“Every act a Ceremony.
Every word a Prayer.
Every walk a Pilgrimage.
Every place a Shrine.”

~ Charles Eisenstein
I may just add

I wish it were true
Namaskar

Maybe it is perception, the way you think. "Life is what you make it" means what you think of it, and how you act or react to what you think. So, if 99.99% of life is beyond our control, then why not just sit down and wait for the end? I think you are having a bad day. 99.99% is way too high. Just think about when you woke up this morning? You had a few choices right then.

Yes, sometimes things happen that are out of our control, but our response to it is ALWAYS in our control.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
“Every act a Ceremony.
Every word a Prayer.
Every walk a Pilgrimage.
Every place a Shrine.”

~ Charles Eisenstein

A divine surrendered zestful orientation ...

Quote:
I may just add

If we look carefully, we are exactly where we have chosen by free will to be for our earth life experience although we may neither remember nor accept it as such.

Quote:

I wish it were true
Namaskar

It is! We always have the choice to exit delusion anytime, anywhere.

Old 13-06-2019, 01:16 AM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
We always have the choice to exit delusion anytime, anywhere.
That needs to be repeated...a very profound Truth.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-06-2019, 01:46 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

If we look carefully, we are exactly where we have chosen by free will to be for our earth life experience although we may neither remember nor accept it as such.
We always have the choice to exit delusion anytime, anywhere.

Quite true. We choose the channel, and then forget we did so and complain about the show.
Old 13-06-2019, 03:59 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, I wondered if you could clarify for me to understand your message better...it seems on one hand you think--
-everything is an act of the Divine
-not often are we in the right place and time
-Life throws things at us
-99.99% of things are out of our control.
- your life is your own making
- I wish it were true...

Which is it for you personally?

I mean what are you trying to say, exactly.
Thanks.

(Oh, and, I don't know what Namaskar means, could you tell me? Also, what language, Hindi?)

Oh on second reading, I did notice that I was not quite clear as to what I wanted to say.
My understanding is: All actions are divine. We under the influence of divine hypnosis believe that we are the doer of our actions. Which we are not..
Some may argue, that if it is the case, then why do anything at all.
Well! "Not doing something" or non-action too is not controlled by your free will.
Namaskar

P.S. Namaskar is a form of salutation in my native language Marathi. It is similar to Namaste in Hindi
Old 13-06-2019, 04:44 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Maybe it is perception, the way you think. "Life is what you make it" means what you think of it, and how you act or react to what you think. So, if 99.99% of life is beyond our control, then why not just sit down and wait for the end? I think you are having a bad day. 99.99% is way too high. Just think about when you woke up this morning? You had a few choices right then.

Yes, sometimes things happen that are out of our control, but our response to it is ALWAYS in our control.

Well! When I said 99.99%, I actually meant 100%
My understanding from my personal experience is that, when we say My Action or my doing, we seem to be guided by our personal volition.
On closer scrutiny one may reach a conclusion that the so called choices made by us supposedly under our total free will are guided by our genes (DNA) and the hitherto conditioning (up to date life experiences - memories) which were never under our control.

You rightly asked - then why do anything and why not wait for life to happen?

Well! Have you ever tried "Doing nothing"
You have NO CHOICE for that too. It is not possible to "Do nothing"
All the actions (yous or anybody else's) and or happenings are a part of (but NOT separate from) totality of the functioning of this manifest universe.

This is my understanding. You may find this fatalistic.
Well actions are still happening through this Mind Body Apparatus as and when needed.
Namaskar
Old 13-06-2019, 02:40 PM
Newbie ;)

How is it possible to exit delusion at any time, that imples we have control over our sense of reality, looking at the myriads of ways to find meaning through philosophy and various practices some of which would take years and years. The first problem is recognition of the delusion in the first place and then find a way that solves this, is that not why we have so many groups proclaiming answers. The simple truth is that in this case it is not possible to comprehend reality without somekind of interventin outside our control some call it grace
Old 13-06-2019, 03:37 PM
Master

WildHairedWoman spelled it out quite nicely.

*Exactly* what happens to us . . . and when . . . and how . . . is NOT within our control. Most often these are karmic implications that we have carried forward into this lifetime. That they catch up to us know makes little sense to us in this lifetime. If we did something quite detrimental five lifetimes ago . . . and it comes to light in this lifetime . . . it absolutely makes no sense to us.

So many believe that we *choose* each and every little action in each lifetime. No . . . we do not. We are presented with possibilities . . . with opportunities . . . and then we will react to them when presented. Some . . . can be stalled off . . . but they WILL be presented later . . . and just exactly when that “later” will be is often NOT up to us.

So what WILD said is quite true. It is not what happens to us . . . but how we react to it. If we fight back against it . . . it becomes worse . . . and the implications only deepen. If we do the best we can to solve and resolve . . . to perhaps struggle but yet learn from it and lay it to rest . . . then that implication is often settled.

As Jaraja says . . . to get beyond the illusion / delusion of the present lifetime . . . is quite the undertaking. Most in the physical world do not yet know what the main illusion / delusion of it is. Many try to explain it away as “its all a dream so why even bother” . . . and that fulfills the individual for a LONG time.

The Path does not take this long to uncover and truly, deeply understand . . . because it is easy. It’s not. As the old saying goes . . . it is quite simple but it is NOT . . . easy.