Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 06-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Hearing bells

I really didn't know where to put this as I wasn't meditating when I heard them...

I was lying in bed last night with all this white noise inside my head. It has lessened in intensity from what it was a couple of days ago and is now higher pitched gentle whistling rather than intense ringing. It also seems to vary in tone and pitch. It got more intense as I 'tuned in' to this and then, a bit later, I distinctly heard a bell ring seven times! I couldn't believe my ears at first but it was midnight and very quiet, so I had to. Then later on I was dropping off to sleep when I heard another bell ring once. This was higher pitch than the last.

Any thoughts? Is this something othes have experienced? I think it must link to spirit which is why I put it here.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Suspended
Hi Starbuck

Quote:
Is this something othes have experienced?

*puts hand up*

I tend to get periods of hearing bells (mine tend to be church bells, as if they are practicing bell-ringing). I also get periods of hearing dogs barking, birds singing and small aircraft droning by.

I've noticed the periods correlate with waking life. For instance, the birds singing normally occur during spring/summer. The aircraft noise started when I lived in Cornwall - during the day light aircraft travelled from Penzance to the Scilly Isles on a regular basis.

Currently, I live close by to a village church. On Sunday mornings and Thursday evenings, the bells ring. Guess which period I'm in? Yes, bell-ringing!

These also happen at night. I wear ear plugs so I know they aren't physical sounds.

Personally, I put them down to hypnagogic sounds...but who knows?

Squatch
Old 06-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Deactivated Account
That's interesting Squatch, it sounds like the noises you may hear are in some way a sort of auditory inprint of what is happening externally at different times

Not sure that's the case with me. For one thing I was 100% wide awake when I heard the first bell ring 7 times. For another, there is no church around here and I haven't heard a bell ring in a long time, never mind a bell like I heard inside my head.

I've been experiencing a lot of ringing and tingling around my head lately, plus I've had visual experiences too, so I suspect this may be the next step!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Master

By golly, I just read something about this by chance. I wish I could remember where.

I don't remember the specifics well but the idea was not being able to tune in yet to what you are really hearing so it sounds like bells or ethereal music instead. It could be the "voices" of angelic energy or the like but you're not ready yet. Your energy system still needs more clearing and energetic boosting.

If I do run across the article again I will surely give you the link.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Master

For some reason I can't edit my previous post.

I also concur w/ Squatchit. I've had external noises and physical sensations both weave themselves into dreams. I was hearing crickets in my head the other day and realized later I had a nature sounds mp3 playing while I was snoozing. I also used to have bathroom dreams when menstrual cramps started while I was asleep!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for that In Progess, it would be great to read the article if you do find it.

I think it's very common to have external noises and different sensations appear in dreams as I experience this all the time.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Deactivated Account

hi Starbuck,

Very interesting on hearing the bells ringing, especially the part of the one ringing 7 times. I wonder if there is something significant about the number 7 in connection with a message or something ?

Squatch ~ hypnagogic ? my goodness, what a word, lol !

I have heard a sound like wind chimes, on several occasions when I am taking walks and chatting with Spirit. I have looked all around and either there were no wind chimes at all, or there were chimes.. but the wind wasn't blowing, so that couldn't have been the reason for the chiming.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 06-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I really didn't know where to put this as I wasn't meditating when I heard them...

I was lying in bed last night with all this white noise inside my head. It has lessened in intensity from what it was a couple of days ago and is now higher pitched gentle whistling rather than intense ringing. It also seems to vary in tone and pitch. It got more intense as I 'tuned in' to this and then, a bit later, I distinctly heard a bell ring seven times! I couldn't believe my ears at first but it was midnight and very quiet, so I had to. Then later on I was dropping off to sleep when I heard another bell ring once. This was higher pitch than the last.

Any thoughts? Is this something othes have experienced? I think it must link to spirit which is why I put it here.

I think don't worry about it, you heard bells, that's it.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Master
Gee Gem have a bit of spiritual openness to others spiritual happenings, not everything is black and white.....
Just maybe it actually means something other than a noise in Starbucks head.

If you don't believe, try not to shoot others down for their quest for understanding.
Life isn't just the way you see it, you've been on SF for a long time; I would have thought you would have realized by now, that its actually a spiritual forum.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Dream Angel - yes I wondered about it ringing 7 times! I wondered if it relates to the 7 chakras, or 7 planes of existance because I've been doing a lot of chakra meditations lately. I seem to be experiencing a lot of Kundalini symptoms so it does make sense.

Gem - I respect your view and maybe I'd brush it off if it was a random occurance with no other experiences, but connected with everything else I believe it's more than just hearing a bell off the cuff.