Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 01-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Stingray

Astrology & past lives

Does astrology reveal anything about someones past lives ?
Old 02-04-2012, 03:57 AM
Greybeard

Are past lives a reality?

Karma is a thing of the here and now. It relates to the past of this present life. Simply put it is "As ye sow, so also shall ye reap." Or in more modern jargon, "What goes around comes around." I used to drive taxicab, and I always told people that driving a cab was Instant Karma...what you put out behind that wheel comes back and bites you real quick. So you learn to be careful what you put out. No past lives needed. Karma is real, here and now.

There are astrologers, those who believe in past lives, who say the horoscope does show them (the 12th House is the house of karma). Astrologers like me, who don't put much stock in the idea of past lives just put it all down to what you did last week.

Both approaches yield pretty much the same results.

Trouble with my approach is that you don't get the magical flight to Fantasy Land. It's just sort of humdrum "you did bad last week and it's coming round." Not so imaginative, but it gets the job done in a very simple, direct and realistic way. It's something you can sink your teeth into and do something about. Past lives are long gone, and out of our hands. Any remedy of past life karma can only be effective in this life...so why not just stay here in the first place?

It always amazes me how humans have such a love of making the simple complex.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Stingray

To each his own of course.

Thanks for the input.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:10 AM
Greybeard

I answered your question....Look to the 12th house.

How does this karmic debt and past life stuff work, anyhow?

Like, say I was Dalilah....Would I have to come back and go to barber school?
Or if I was Nero, I woud come back as Itzhak Perlman?
What happened before there were human beings? Do dragonflies have past lives?
If I kick a dog, do I have to come back and guard a junk yard?
I hope someone who knows more about past lives than me will give me some pointers.
I wonder who Michael Jackson was the time before this last incarnation.
I kinda like the idea of limbo or purgatory....after this life you go to a big waiting room and just hang out until Eternity ends.
Let's say that in Incarnation #1347 I was Jack, and in #1348 I was Jill. Is my Soul Jack, or is it Jill?
Old 02-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard
....Look to the 12th house.
so... what do I do with the sign in the 12th? and what about people who do not have anything in there?
Old 02-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Greybeard

I don't believe in past lives.

I think they are a waste of time.

Past lives imply an immortal personal soul. I find no evidence for such an entity.

So I have no idea how to read past lives.

The 12th House is "repressed contents." It is the personal unconscious. Anything unconscious will manifest as fate, and that is why the 12th house so often signifies unpleasant things. Things that hold us in bondage, or are self-defeating or self-destructive. Feelings of isolation or disconnectedness. Loss of touch with reality, confusion, unsettled conditions.

The 12th is also help from unexpected quarters, liberation from bondage, escape from pursuit.

Understand that all astrological symbols are univesal symbols. Each of them includes a plethora of meanings. First, their interpretation depends on the chart as a whole -- what they mean must be in accord with the significance of the whole chart. Second, you must "apply" the universal symbol to a "particular" question.

To read any house with no planet in it, look to the lord of the sign on the cusp.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Misha

Stingray -- Sorry I can't tell you anything about astrology and past lives.

However, I can tell you there's a book titled "A Spiritual Approach to Astrology" by Myrna Lofthus that uses a past-life karmic approach to analyzing planets and aspects. For instance, she says that the moon is "the sum total of all the personalities one has been from previous incarnations." Her summaries of various aspects have a past-life cast to them. For example, venus trine jupiter begins with, "In other lifetimes, these individuals have begun the work of attuning themselves to their higher self. ...." You get the idea -- the whole work is about astrology and reincarnation.

I can't vouch for this author because I don't know enough about the subject matter. But it sounds like something that might interest you.
Old 18-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard
I answered your question....Look to the 12th house.

How does this karmic debt and past life stuff work, anyhow?

Like, say I was Dalilah....Would I have to come back and go to barber school?
Or if I was Nero, I woud come back as Itzhak Perlman?
What happened before there were human beings? Do dragonflies have past lives?
If I kick a dog, do I have to come back and guard a junk yard?
I hope someone who knows more about past lives than me will give me some pointers.
I wonder who Michael Jackson was the time before this last incarnation.
I kinda like the idea of limbo or purgatory....after this life you go to a big waiting room and just hang out until Eternity ends.
Let's say that in Incarnation #1347 I was Jack, and in #1348 I was Jill. Is my Soul Jack, or is it Jill?

It's more about incarnating. I also do not agree with the theories of "if you do something bad you will come back as a mosquito". I do know I have chosen to incarnate many times, it was my own choice, not a choice of any other influence. However the lives I have chosen to live were based on my desired outcome. You see, I do not believe I am some god, but I believe that I am part of. As I am human now, I follow what is in my best interest. But when I am dead (not here) I know what is in my best interest, and I am part of spirit, just as I am now, but I am the one who chooses my path, because on the other side, I am not some lost and confused human who has no idea what to do. I am a spirit who apparently is as respected as I respect my spirit guides.
I know that I, as a soul, not a human, desires to learn and because of that I desire to suffer, in which my soul does not see suffering as a bad thing.
I know (and at times I do not agree with my soul self) that I choose my life path because I want to challenge myself and master my ever growing consciousness.
I also know that I have incarnated on earth because I love it here. My soul feels a great connection to this realm and the spirit of earth.
Just because I hate life sometimes here, does not mean I hate it when I am up there. I enjoy everything life has to give. Truly. I enjoy the companions, I enjoy the heart ache, I enjoy the lessons, and I enjoy the human things, like being able to enjoy the physical.
Earth is not my original home, I am a star seed. There have been times my human self has felt dislocated, unwanted and like I did not belong here at all. But my soul longs to be here, and I am here for many reasons, but mostly to assist.
I know I am much more than human, and i have remembered many things about what I am. I also know there are many reasons why I have always came back to live, and earth is not the only place I have lived.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:09 PM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray
Does astrology reveal anything about someones past lives ?

Hi Stingray!

I just couple of days ago stumbled upon something called Karmic astrology and it encouraged to study my north node and south node... I didn't have a clue what those are but there are lists of those and also calculators and apparently those have something to do with your birthday... I found out my north node is pisces and my south node is virgo. Those sites said north node tells about soul's mission in this life, your lessons to be learned, and south node tells what you have taken with you from your last life... Like what you have used to do. I found mine to be scarily accurate.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Greybeard

You could read Jeff Green's "Pluto; Evolutionary Journal of the Soul." It's just dripping with past lives.

Question "HiIts.." What if you removed the "past lives" from the nodes and just looked at their effects? Would they still work? Or is the concept of past lives a necessary part of them?

Have you ever calculated the number of your ancestors who were all alive during the same time? I have. And guess what....About 1200-1300 AD the number of your ancestors who were all living during that period exceeded the whole human population on Earth. That is a fact. But then if you turn the tree upside down and instead of going from present toward past go from present toward future....well, suffice it to say I have 40 or so living descendants and I ain't dead yet. All people in the U.S. with the surname Axtell are descended from a single individual, Thomas Axtell, who came to Massachusetts from Berkhampstead, Hertfordshire, England about 1641; and we, his descendants, number over a million today. He had 3 children. The mathematics of population are rather mysterious and intriguing. And they certainly do pose some interesting questions regarding past lives, unless of course we reincarnate as sponges and aardvarks.

To calculate the number of your ancestors is simple. You had two parents; each of them had two parents; each of those grandparents had two parents......it is a biological necessity to have a mother and a father to create a new life. A human generation is about 25 years; follow your ancestry back for 400 years and you will find about 16 branchings on the tree. So to know how many people were simultaneously alive, producing the next generation which ultimately leads to you, simply calculate 2^n (generations). Example: Mom and dad, the four grandparents, then their parents....how many were the grandparents' parents? That is the third generation back, so 2^3=8. Voila. There were 8 people all alive at the same time who are your direct and indispensable ancestors, your great-grandparents. Now, if we wish to find out how many people were all alive at one time having the children who became you....for say the year 1200 AD (We are at 2000 AD-1200 AD = 800 x 4 (generations/100 years) = 32. So we crank in 2^32 and the answer is: just under 4 billion 300 million.......and the whole population of Earth didn't reach 1 billion until 1800. Go back one more generation (33) and the answer is over 8.5 Billion, which is more people than are breathing right now. The population of western Europe in 1342 was about 75 million, of whom 25 million died in the next three years due to the Black Plague. So where did our ancestors come from? [The same population math applies to China, and the Middle East/North African peoples, who suffered from the Black Plague too at about the same time as Europe, with the same death rate.]

Can you imagine your Soul, awaiting reincarnation, sitting in a waiting room reading a June, 1942 Reader's Digest (over and over again).....and the lady behind the counter says "Take a Number Please." First there weren't enough Souls to fill the biological requisites, and now there aren't enough vacancies. Supply and demand is a tricky business. But then I suppose reincarnation is the preferred alternative when compared to going to Hell after only one time around.