Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 05-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Ascender
Eisleigh, that is a thoughtful and insightful post, even if you are only exploring possibilities at some points in what you have written. You seem to have grown spiritually even during this thread, LOL!

You wrote, "I'm getting to thinking they may have far surpassed us on their voyage to discovery. Are they around to teach more than to learn?". That is an excellent question. Some people have this strange notion that humans are "superior" because they are more intelligent - although recently scientific research is showing that many animals have more intelligence than previously thought. I won't give multiple links here. The further reading page on my website has details.

In any case, intelligence is not the same as spiritual development. Intelligence can be used for incredibly cruel and dark purposes - just think of Hitler, Stalin, Josef Mengele, Vlad the Implaler.... Humankind has a history of brutality and senseless violence. We are one of a very few species who kill for fun and not for food. Think also of chemical weapons, nuclear attacks, etc. Is that intelligence being used for good?

Of course, there are countless kind, compassionate, loving people on this earth, too. All I am questioning is whether humans are always spiritually superior or that we are automatically any higher in the ranks of development. Who would you say is spiritually superior, Hitler or a sheep grazing peacefully in a field, killing nothing and no-one?

We all are beings with souls. It is not for us, even for beings on the other side, to declare who is superior or inferior. We are all souls - full stop. We are are all here on this earth to learn and receive/give love. Whether we succeed in that mission depends on us as individuals!

I see that you have pets, so I'm sure that you have observed that almost all have learned the lesson of unconditional love. Even if a person is in a foul mood, a dog will wag its tail in welcome and still love that person - warts and all! Humans these days even have pre-marital marriage contracts - but pets will love you forever and a day, just because you are who you are. No conditions, no if or buts....

In that sense, animals are indeed here to teach us things - especially about unconditional love. There is probably no other more important lesson we can learn. As the Noble Knight has rightly written, we are here to learn from each other. We learn from animals, they learn from us. Or if you really want to split hairs, humans are also animals! See http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...english/animal

You wrote at the end, "Oops. Too much out of the box?! Yet again I have gone off on a tangent". On the contrary, I think your post is spot on!

Many blessings to you for your love of animals!
Old 06-11-2015, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC

I see that you have pets, so I'm sure that you have observed that almost all have learned the lesson of unconditional love. Even if a person is in a foul mood, a dog will wag its tail in welcome and still love that person - warts and all! Humans these days even have pre-marital marriage contracts - but pets will love you forever and a day, just because you are who you are. No conditions, no if or buts....

In that sense, animals are indeed here to teach us things - especially about unconditional love. There is probably no other more important lesson we can learn.

I remember years ago....being in an upset, or disgruntled mood usually when too tired. I didn't ever say much, and certainly wouldn't take it out on my dog, but she would grin at me, and leap against my legs, and look me right in the eyes. Her mission -and it had to be a 'mission' as she didn't stop until she got results -was to 'bring me back to myself' as quickly as possible. It always worked -usually within 3 minutes. An hour's -or even a week's -counselling session with a human would not have had such tremendous results!

Enticed to join her on a walk in the fresh air immediately following the counselling, I was restored to a pleasant balance, and reminded of something deeper.

They don't use words, and in that is a certain wisdom. They reach our essential Selves by other means far more meaningful to our Creature-Selves, which are the parts of us prone to imbalances, and also very in touch with Soul.
Yes they are teachers. But they probably don't even know that. What's more important to them is Being, harmony, love, fun. They don't care about labels like 'teacher', 'pupil', 'enlightened', 'ascension' ....etc. They are just simply bringing us the scents of Heaven.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Ascender
Tobi, what a great post! This forum doesn't have a "give reputation" option, but if it did - you would get it. Your last paragraph deserves framing, LOL!
Old 07-11-2015, 12:02 AM
Seeker

LPC -
Yep, still ever the rookie & I feel I have! From Red, Blue & Yellow I am now seeing Purple, Orange & Green!! (not figuratively i.e auras....am really rubbish at that ATM :-D).
From just interpreting what is there in front of me as a possible certain act (warm hands on cat) I have gone on to be able to digest & understand so much more....and it makes so much sense. Other parts of my brain neurons are clicking into place alongside prompting other areas to fire & ask within a thirst to learn. Really interested.

Read your 'Do animals have souls?' now & ha.....guess you're referring to Pavlov (classical conditioning) within your account?!
Studied Psychology way back in 2000-ish & we covered all the in/famous ones takes on how.....Freud, Asch.....

VERY interesting in regards to the animals making an effort to visit the still living on earth with which they shared 'exceptional love'.
Would think that it would be more the caretaker struggling with the grief process that would initiate such a happening eh? Must take an extra-ordinary circumstance for an animal to use up all that energy, to be given clearance!...just to give their past caretaker 'a sign' wow.

Yes, yes, & isn't that so horrible? Worst trait environmentally of a human & wish in a lot of ways humans weren't given that intellectual scope. So many have been able to home in & focus attention without giving full (or indeed any) thought as to the bigger picture.......to the detriment of mankind :-(

Yes. I am an admirer of Monty Halls. He wrote a great book ( that I got personally signed at LIDS don't ya know :-P <3 !) documenting his experience whilst living in a renovated brothy in Scotland with his newly adopted rescue dog.
Apart from everything else he kept two pigs. He tended to those pigs every day. They even came running when he called their names & went to feed them etc....although the book never specified...I think they found themselves bonded spiritually.
He was betrothed to give them up to a slaughterhouse at the end of his learning but whilst driving away in floods of tears went back at the last minute & kidnapped them from the brink <3

Am moving in-between the 'Sustainable fishing in the remote villages to feed the family is ok' & the 'I am going to be a vegetarian/vegan ASAP' stance every 5 minutes gah!

Always. Unconditional love?!....written into their DNA/make up.

Some of what I think re human interaction...... far too rational.

Animals just react as in 'hey buddy, love ya, what'ya up ta?....walk/hug??' Whereas humans with each other albeit connection will go 'Uh....who you spoke to....whad'ya really mean?....'
There's no psychoanalysing going on in the animal kingdom. No hidden agendas. Maybe also because they can see more than we can. We are clouded with responsibility, jobs, chores....a 'to do' list. They may possibly always be thinking of family but their way, their path is more lit up with 'turn here' road signs!

Your link re oxford dictionaries was pretty cool re CNS
What about the dolphins?
'Non-human persons'.....

Thank you LPC I am not talking gobbeldy-gook yet then?! Do let me know when I am veering too far off ;-)

Aw cool. We're alright, me, the pud & the dawg.
Doing what we do.
Think my animal path was/is a learning one.
We've got to this point though thick & thin.
Empathy I guess huh? Not an instant thing a human learns though. Perhaps taught.

Tobi - Not able to post links yet but if you go to 'life with dogs' on the net - I was a monster etc with a story about his dog Monk....
Real difficult to digest towards the end but speaks of similar. Caught my attention big stylee. Please do have a look.
Made me think of you when I read it & made me think of him when I read yours!
They are not a silly site. They are controversial at times in regards to differing training types....positive v's the leader of the pack idealism.

Yup, probs aren't even aware of the positivity they are exuding. Oh deary-me they do, don't they?
Took Mr Orange one to vets yesterday for monthly steroid & vit jabs & he's put on 100g!.....yay woot, woot. First time he's put on instead of lost for YEARS!!
'This cat lives to see another day/week/year' :-D

Little does he know he's booked in to groomers tomorrow morning for a bath & proper haircut to get his - not so bad - matts gone & his street cred look up to spec ;-)

x
Old 07-11-2015, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisleigh
LPC -

VERY interesting in regards to the animals making an effort to visit the still living on earth with which they shared 'exceptional love'.
Would think that it would be more the caretaker struggling with the grief process that would initiate such a happening eh? Must take an extra-ordinary circumstance for an animal to use up all that energy, to be given clearance!...just to give their past caretaker 'a sign' wow.

I know. That thought sprang to mind when my girl visited me full of joy one night -very late (they don't have dratted clocks on the astral, thank goodness!)....and I responded, equally full of joy and fun.....then promptly fell asleep!

And 8 hours later, I woke up, understanding how much she had given to come back here to be with me, and how I had zonked out on her. I felt bad about that. But they never do 'guilt' and they never do 'you got that one wrong -didn't you?' and they absolutely never do 'you are not good enough'. They just love us, you see. What a tremendous blessing. Gradually we learn to respond in kind; we learn to grow. And there are never any admonishments from unconditional Love.

Quote:
Yes. I am an admirer of Monty Halls. He wrote a great book ( that I got personally signed at LIDS don't ya know :-P <3 !) documenting his experience whilst living in a renovated brothy in Scotland with his newly adopted rescue dog.
Apart from everything else he kept two pigs. He tended to those pigs every day. They even came running when he called their names & went to feed them etc....although the book never specified...I think they found themselves bonded spiritually.
He was betrothed to give them up to a slaughterhouse at the end of his learning but whilst driving away in floods of tears went back at the last minute & kidnapped them from the brink <3

I would very much like to read that book and am going to check that out tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it on Kindle?

Quote:
Tobi - Not able to post links yet but if you go to 'life with dogs' on the net - I was a monster etc with a story about his dog Monk....
Real difficult to digest towards the end but speaks of similar. Caught my attention big stylee. Please do have a look.
Made me think of you when I read it & made me think of him when I read yours!
They are not a silly site. They are controversial at times in regards to differing training types....positive v's the leader of the pack idealism.

I shall definitely check that out! Thanks. I would like to read that. I completely 'threw the book away' (re: training etc) with my dog because she was so unusual. We had a strange bond....transcended pack stuff and the things dogs/humans need to do, so I discovered. We were sisters. More than that even....we were something else. But the info is always useful for other characters I may meet!

Quote:
Took Mr Orange one to vets yesterday for monthly steroid & vit jabs & he's put on 100g!.....yay woot, woot. First time he's put on instead of lost for YEARS!!
'This cat lives to see another day/week/year' :-D

Little does he know he's booked in to groomers tomorrow morning for a bath & proper haircut to get his - not so bad - matts gone & his street cred look up to spec ;-)

x

Being a cat he probably will not appreciate the amazing make-over! Especially if it involves water
But he will emerge a lighter shade of orange! And with true street-cred!
Old 12-11-2015, 12:52 AM
Seeker

Am still reeling from watching the first few minutes of Girlsearching's link re: The Tiger and the Monk so do forgive me if I seem distracted.

Tobi: Oh wow. How wonderful. Never had that before. To be embraced.
As you said, what a shame it was a short encounter but never-the-less, to be remembered and recognised for what it was.
That's the way it was & no grudges held 'cos that's not the way it rolls! :-)

I have become so much closer to the animals I reside with in the last couple of months. Largely due to you lovely lot.
I am seeing things with eyes wider open. I am reacting to them in a softer way.
Not that I was ever behaving with them in an authoritative manner, just more going with the 'you are a cat and you are a dog' kind of shizzle whereas now I see their souls clearer.
Like a door has been opened.
Sir Mandarin has probably had a hand in that also recently by insisting on hugs whether I'm up for it or not!

Beachcomber Cottage - Great Escape is the one, to help hone the search.
Forgot for a mo he has his thumbs in a load of pies....been involved with TV and so much more. Reading the book is what did it for me though. He has a wicked sense of reality.....including on earth.....and humour ;-)
Yup, Amazon provide a short excerpt and available on kindle.

Amazing. My dog has prompted me to try a few different training types out due to his separation anxiety.
Together we have come across egotistical types etc....you know the ones that reckon they're the only ones who have ever had experience of dog handling.....the only ones who think they know how to work it. Who look down their nose at you just as you start week one with their training school!
I have learned that some folks who call themselves trainers.....who come straight forward with how you must, without listening at all to the caretakers, without giving a second thought to much that falls out of their box actually shouldn't be instantly trusted.
The caretaker needs to listen to their co-habiting animal. If the vibes prickle or there's an uncomfortability around it, quit & don't look back.
Wish I could do a 'back to the future' thing reg this!
Three occasions over the years I regret not standing up for my dog in a such case scenario but I've learned.
The other day he growled at his canine pal for sitting on his head & I was tuned in. I followed through with what he was trying to teach.
I didn't praise him but I did direct the other fella into a different bed....I was there for support which I now know helps towards trust & linkage.

Aww, the life with dogs thing just grounded me right there & then. As if I'd been hurled around the hay stacks & thonked right in the middle of what & when.
Love the honesty. He knew he'd strayed far, far off & laid it out.

Not enough honesty in this world & too much of the blagging (hate the groundhog day scenario dot com lol)

I'M A REAL PERSON, GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!

Hmm, got sausage face shaved.....yep wonderful....no matts except now he's the most freezing cold 90 yo on the planet. Didn't think of that did I?!
Now goes out rarely (because it's cold?) Now sits on TV box as often as poss changing channels with his feet ('cos it's warm).
Every time I put the oven on he's there like Cameron is to a tax cut.
Pal dropped round a furry hoody meant to fit her dog but too small so shall try it on him tomorrow lol!

He's def a strawberry blonde now but at least the neighbours won't instantaneously assume he's a neglected waif or stray x

Can't get the gist of quoting....out of touch EiSLEIGH!!
Old 12-11-2015, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator
Dear Eisleigh....Thank you so much for the smiles! I needed something smiley! I ended up laughing....you have a good way with words indeed.

Cats love tops of radios, TVs etc....they draw the line at hot tubs. Yes nice and warm....but WET! YIKES!!

My dog was slightly of the strawberry blonde persuasion. But the good thing about that is they are camouflaged in Autumn leaves.
Tell him....he might like that?
The furry hoodie might block off his ears? But a pussy-cat t shirt wouldn't.....

Anyway -fur is easy come easy go. Tell him it will grow back. All he has to do is eat his greens! LOL (joking -greens are no good for cats.)

Some of the dog 'trainers' behaviourists' etc have some good ideas, but it's important to tailor-make them for the dog plus human scenario.

I met a young black dog (Lab cross) today who was so lovely but her elderly caretaker (at the other end of the strained leash) had no idea what to do. The dog jumps all over people all the time. I personally don't mind that -muddy paws etc, but it has to stop I admit.
I wished I could help. I had inklings of what to do to help....but they walked on, the dog on the tightest leash, looking back at me with the happiest eyes....I hope all will be well. I was sorry I haven't got qualifications, or I would have given the lady my card, etc.
I wanted two hours with that woman and dog....
Old 22-11-2015, 01:59 AM
Seeker

No worries :-) Oh thank you.

Yes they do!

Only this morning.....stuck kettle on, turned around briefly to grab cup, milk & sugar.....turned back to find cat loving the warm plastic heated thing someone had provided there for him. He was so in his element....eyes closed....ecstatic...hugging it, chin plonked atop. Would have broken my heart to rip that away from him so made do with a can of diet coke from the fridge instead of the cuppa <3
Bought him a babygro (with plans of cutting off feet & underneath area) along with a snowman hot water bottle other day from a local charity shop. Thought they'd think I was mad but in actual fact were feeling for the pud....'let us know how he gets on' they said :-D

Dog coat doesn't suffice.

Didn't mention to him about the camouflaged soldier bit yet :-/ & have tried to encourage him as he always used to love the great outdoors.....seems he is in his twilight years now & content enough also soaking up the rays on the windowsill away from the gusts. Yeah. He doesn't have to conform to fashion...ears need circulating air.

Heh heh, always the positive regarding a bad haircut.....it'll grow back.....'cept felines have a seasonal pattern occurring don't they?
April & September? He's got a small auburn patch growing quicker than the rest between his shoulder blades :-)

Right yeah. good point. Take what you feel from teachers & make it your own. Trial & error too....what fits. Form it around the individual/s?
Thank you for that. Often have been thinking 'Victoria Stillwells way....Cesars take....' but they are only others' ideas, opinions & responses......

I feel for the dog mainly when I hear puppy talk. They are the directed ones. They only go on what they learn.
Shame you don't have to automatically be put in for a training course when going in for dogdom....do's & dont's. Would help avoid the 'mean best' happening.
Have battled with my dogs food intake from others for years. Got him at a great weight ATM but others always are with the 'aw, you've gotta give him scraps'....scraping left over spag bol into his bowl!! NO. Just no!
Lo & behold said canine projectile vomits the next day as his stomach isn't geared up for human food let alone so much in one go but you can't tell 'em.

Just a beginners mandatory course would be amazing. An introductory manual at the least. x
Old 07-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Seeker

Sped up my 19yo cats voyage into the unknown/next plane re learning I watched being born into the same house he lived in for his whole life today.
Impromptu had to rush in with a euthanasia option as, on top of his other age-related problems he contracted cat-flu. Was treated with anti-biotics as from yesterday but was in such discomfort this morning. Wanted to eat yet physically couldn't due to mouth & nose issues. Was struggling to breathe easily let alone breathe & eat.
Vet was in definite agree-ance.
Was with him as he died, telling him all about the exciting new venture he's about to embark on.
This grief experience is up there with the worst.
He was/is a family member. It has hit me hard.
Why can't cats have a life expectancy like Whales?!
His fighting spirit was oh-so prevalent. He wanted to eat, he sought out affection. He was still so alive in so many ways.
We shared a super-warm hands moment last night which I am grateful for now he had to leave before I was ready - was he ready?
Where is he now I wonder....Just checking in his baggage at Cat-wick Astral Airport??
Is he having a ball, meeting, greeting & physically nimble with other animals at Rainbow Bridge?!
Has he been morphed into another living being already? Is he already starting out & has taken his first breath in his new life as a.....?
Or is it black or cold with nothing going on for the future? (you get one shot only?).
I wish I knew where he was.

Can he see me in vibrant colour?
Will I see him in my dreams?

Sticking with the possibility we are of the same soul group & most def will meet up again somehow, somewhere. Never-the-less my house is empty along with my heart. The time spent writing this post has been the longest I've stopped sobbing all day.

It is what it is, not looking for commiserations (as I've rambled so much perhaps should have given this it's own thread within 'death & the afterlife' or 'past lives & reincarnation' but figured that as he's an animal & as this topic has an insight as to a little of his history I would be best placed to chuck out a small recount of his passing here) x
Old 08-07-2016, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator
Oh Eisleigh....
I am most sorry. It is true, your little one will be okay where he has gone. I know. My dog showed me. To some extent it is a mystery to us, from our Earthly point of view, but deep down in our Hearts and Souls....we also do know.

All the emotions of grieving are quite natural and to be expected.

But they honestly are okay 'out there'. Maybe soon you will receive some sort of visit or communication? I do hope so.
My kindest thoughts to you and your dear little cat -your Soul companion.