Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
My understanding is that identity is variable and 'non-fixed'. We can (and do) shift between realities with relative ease.
Our focus can shift from 'spirit' to 'ego' to 'soul' to 'sentience'; all of these things are our "person".
I want to impress upon the reader the value of BODY. The physicality of beingness is often judged against.
I submit that it is of no lesser value than any other aspect of divinity. To be "dis-embodied" is to be weakened (and, in a sense, non-existant).

I feel the same sense of importance in this as you do: "I want to impress upon the reader the value of BODY. The physicality of beingness is often judged against."

and yet...Our bodies are going to end up getting plowed under, let's face it.

If there is anything to the belief, intuition and/or knowledge that we have or are spirits, that is our main essence to be aware of. I was going to say to be concerned with or that it is important. We don't need to be 'concerned' with spirit if it is our main essence of 'being' because it can't be 'divided' or destroyed, as it were.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I have misgivings about your statement that the body gets weaker "...due to judgements heaped upon it by spirit." I think it's the mind - hard to tell when they're both invisible. It's my sense that the spirit is pretty much a pure thing. Can you explain further what is meant by "Body is also "omnipresent"? I don't quite get that. It's probably deceptively simple.
I don't wanna upset you Silvergirl, but there are lottsa spirits out there. To declare them all as "pure" seems misguided (who has guided this judgement?). Judgement is a tool of Spirit (as I understand it); the Loving-Spirit who we might understand as "God the Father" knows judgement as a tool which separates (and weakens)...this has led to the "Final Judgement", which is of "acceptance". [This event is in the past!!]

I turn to science to justify the notion that "Body is omnipresent". The common-sense understanding is that there are separate and distinct bodies all around. The science of our day has 'disproved' this thinking. Energy and matter are part of the same continum...very small particles of matter are not in a single location, they are omni-present in "quantum-fields" of probability. Our Macro-world (what we see with the naked eye) obeys the same rules of reality. In essence, there is one body, it is the universe -- I am not "separate and distinct" from the 'context' of the Universe.
Does that explain the idea at all?
Old 07-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Mathew

Quote:
I don't wanna upset you Silvergirl, but there are lottsa spirits out there. To declare them all as "pure" seems misguided (who has guided this judgement?). Judgement is a tool of Spirit (as I understand it); the Loving-Spirit who we might understand as "God the Father" knows judgement as a tool which separates (and weakens)...this has led to the "Final Judgement", which is of "acceptance". [This event is in the past!!]

I turn to science to justify the notion that "Body is omnipresent". The common-sense understanding is that there are separate and distinct bodies all around. The science of our day has 'disproved' this thinking. Energy and matter are part of the same continum...very small particles of matter are not in a single location, they are omni-present in "quantum-fields" of probability. Our Macro-world (what we see with the naked eye) obeys the same rules of reality. In essence, there is one body, it is the universe -- I am not "separate and distinct" from the 'context' of the Universe.

I would have to agree not all spirits are pure actually it's impossible in this vast array of existence we are all a part of.

Love
Mathew
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Master
Quote:

Okay, well I was thinking in terms of simply the human in-born spirit. I've not given it a lot of thought - I obviously have a lot of pre-misconceptions? about this subject...I am aware that some believe in evil spirits and while I don't give 'evil spirits' much thought, I guess I should say I do believe they exist. If that's what you're implying.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
I would have to agree not all spirits are pure actually it's impossible in this vast array of existence we are all a part of.

Love
Mathew

Actually, giving this a second thought, I'm now thinking that spirits may not all be pure as in 'good', but whatever spirits exist are what they are and can't be changed good into bad and vice versa.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Master
Quote:
and yet...Our bodies are going to end up getting plowed under, let's face it.
Who will enforce this decree?
Who has the power to overrule God?

the universe IS body. there was never a time without it... it is eternal.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Who will enforce this decree?
Who has the power to overrule God?

the universe IS body. there was never a time without it... it is eternal.

Okay, so you're saying that even if we die and are buried, we're all still part of it all?

I suppose that makes sense. But like must people, I guess, I believe the 'important' part is our spirit.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Actually, giving this a second thought, I'm now thinking that spirits may not all be pure as in 'good', but whatever spirits exist are what they are and can't be changed good into bad and vice versa.
Spirits are "good" -- they are the 'engine of life' (as posted earlier). Evil spirits are not a proper part of Creation; they don't wanna be here and we should let them go.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Okay, so you're saying that even if we die and are buried, we're all still part of it all?

I suppose that makes sense. But like must people, I guess, I believe the 'important' part is our spirit.
Nothing of value is "lost". All things of value are retained, eternally. Death is not the end. There is no end.
(we can and will relinquish our hold on things which cause us pain and discomfort; they will be recognised as serving no useful function)
Old 07-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Master
Horace: I understand "creation" and "manifestation" (and "physicality") to mean nearly identical things in most contexts.

There's a great deal more than physicality in creation... in this multidimensional existence.

Xan

Closed Thread