Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Experiencer
The spirit is free component related to other aspects of human body. when someone says that s the spirit, i always feel it in solar plexus.
Old 30-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Pathfinder

I was under the impression that the spirit is in every cell of your body, and that it's infinitely divisible.
Old 30-01-2019, 10:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Bear
I was under the impression that the spirit is in every cell of your body, and that it's infinitely divisible.

I may be repeating myself, but it is more accurate to say that every cell of the body is in the spirit. The Spirit is larger than the body, not just physically, but also in how many dimensions of space it occupies. The body is just a very small aspect of the Spirit, almost inconsequential in comparison. In certain realities, such as this 3D-one, the Spirit will limit itself to a solid form defined in time and space.

It will form a physical body through the miracle of conception, birth and physical growth, so that it can experience this reality to its fullest. That only touches a small part of the Spirit which exists across many dimensions, realities and time periods simultaneously. The Self does all that to learn from its experiences and grow, but It does not experience the many different lives and forms it goes through throughout its entire existence in sequence. Time, space and dimensions do not exist to the Spirit, it is outside all of these constraints.
Old 30-01-2019, 10:56 PM
Master
The Spirit is located within the Hridaya or 'Spiritual Heart' (not the physical heart):
https://hridaya-yoga.com/hridaya-yog...iritual-heart/

There are verses in the Katha Upanishad attesting to this:
https://ocoy.org/dharma-for-christia...-in-the-heart/

Also, if one reads the first link, it also provides quotes from Ramana Maharishi on the efficacy of Sadhana...which may be beneficial to those dwelling in the Non-Duality forum. :)

...and with that, I am expecting this thread to come to a close.
Old 30-01-2019, 11:44 PM
Master
I believe the Spirit is bound to us in some inconspicuous place where it is safe from our meddling, until our hearts are clear enough to allow it to be birthed there, and from there soon enough it can be brought up to the head.
Old 31-01-2019, 05:01 PM
Master

I am just toying with this idea but it has occurred to me that perhaps the spirit is analogous to 'the cloud'...…..its location not being in 'our hard drive'(body, etc) where it would be vulnerable but in a space and/or place that is eternally safe but yet always accessible. Just attempting to phrase this in a way that we can more easily relate to and consider as a possibility.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Deactivated Account

I think it is supposed to sit entirely within the physical body as its mould but rarely does due to blockages and ungroundedness.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:43 AM
Master
Come to think of it. The question itself can make a good zen koan. In which the teacher ask the student to go find where the spirit is located. And the student comes back thinking they have discovered the answer only to be whacked over the head with a stick.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:03 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I am just toying with this idea but it has occurred to me that perhaps the spirit is analogous to 'the cloud'

That is a great metaphor to use, I would like to build on that here...

My Yogic Teacher taught me that the "SOUL" resides in it's own realm, being made of a Divine energy and in a 'cloud' of Divinity; that from it extends a thread of itself (Spirit/Ghost) down into this Realm/Universe and expresses as a lifeform striving to surpass sentience and achieve Enlightenment so as to break free of the Wheel of Rebirth.

The physical body is just a rentable meatsuit, rented from the Planet for a short duration. It is a vehicle for learning, operated by the Soul via the Spirit thread and connection...

Again, metaphorically speaking - akin to a network cable, the thread terminates in a plug that connects to a port in the brain (Pineal Gland area) and then energizes and animates and nourishes the physical body with 3 energetic bodies. Upon death, that plug disconnects from the body and manifests as the spirit/ghost.

The Spirit carries all the life lessons, memories, emotions, and Karmas away
from the physical body, and according to a wide gamut of variables, will either progress directly to a 'cooling off' realm, leaving the ego and emotions to dissolve away in the ghost realm, before reintegrating with the Soul in it's native Divine realm, allowing the Soul to put down a new Spirit thread for a new incarnation of learning and Karma balancing --- or, the Spirit can for a duration, end up wandering as a 'hungry ghost' in the ghost realm which can result in hauntings etc.

I am expressing the above solely as an opinion to you based on my learning. It is a really interesting topic. I encourage you to keep looking at wisdom schools, and meditate with contemplation on the topic.

I just want to add to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Shivani Devi
The Spirit is located within the Hridaya or 'Spiritual Heart' (not the physical heart):..............

Also, if one reads the first link, it also provides quotes from Ramana Maharishi on the efficacy of Sadhana...which may be beneficial to those dwelling in the Non-Duality forum. :)

...and with that, I am expecting this thread to come to a close.

Yes, the Vedic traditions contain many scriptures and interpretations of the myriad ways and levels there are to how the energetic bodies weave into living bodies, but I think it is premature to expect topic closure with your post, because the gift of Vedic knowledge to the West is so vast and with such profound depth that it can be incomprehensible to many, even Yogic devotees. And then there is Buddhism, which adds so much to the ancient Vedic wisdom schools.

But getting back to the Yogic root...

There is the Atma (Soul), the Jivatma (manifested Soul) and Jiva (Spirit).

The Atharva Veda wonderfully teaches us that when the immortal Divine spark of the Soul (Atma) was provided to humans, the sum total of all Vedic knowledge (Brahmajanan) was revealed. So, it is within that Divine realm, the home of the Soul that all Vedic knowledge resides.

The Rig Veda states that the reason for Human sentient life is to gradually learn with kalpas of incarnations/rebirths (Samsara), with the ultimate aim to assist the Divine Designer (Vishwa Karma) in the maintenance of His Grand wondrous Design.

The Rig Veda then goes on to tell us that when the Soul begins to operate the physical/gross body during an incarnation, the individual is purposefully led on its journey toward self realization (Enlightenment) and he/she starts striving to follow the cosmic laws of necessity (Vedic Rta) relating to iddm nan mam (nothing for self all for society), the Middle Path, aka the Path of Moderation, the Way of Humility, Unconditional Love for the entire animate and inanimate Universe/Life as well as a host of other cosmic constants & laws.

Conditioned by our physical bodily discrimination's and senses, the values, morals, and material knowledge of living and inert matter, we only see the superficial side of our identity which is the troublesome Egoic self, that is clothed in a sheath (kosha). ~Brihadaranyaka Upanishad.

It is important to note that the Vedas say “Atma” cannot be perceived by any of the physical bodily senses. However, with the cultivation of Trivarga, and the attainment of Enlightenment, it is possible to open up a channel of communication with one's own Divine Soul, being Vachispatiah, opening up the way for knowing all of your prior incarnations, and going beyond the powers of a Arhati / Pali / Arahant.

Please, let's keep this thread going, it is fascinating.

Be Blessed,

Sri Harishankar Vedartham
Old 03-02-2019, 11:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SriHari
Yes, the Vedic traditions contain many scriptures and interpretations of the myriad ways and levels there are to how the energetic bodies weave into living bodies, but I think it is premature to expect topic closure with your post, because the gift of Vedic knowledge to the West is so vast and with such profound depth that it can be incomprehensible to many, even Yogic devotees. And then there is Buddhism, which adds so much to the ancient Vedic wisdom schools.

But getting back to the Yogic root...

There is the Atma (Soul), the Jivatma (manifested Soul) and Jiva (Spirit).

The Atharva Veda wonderfully teaches us that when the immortal Divine spark of the Soul (Atma) was provided to humans, the sum total of all Vedic knowledge (Brahmajanan) was revealed. So, it is within that Divine realm, the home of the Soul that all Vedic knowledge resides.

The Rig Veda states that the reason for Human sentient life is to gradually learn with kalpas of incarnations/rebirths (Samsara), with the ultimate aim to assist the Divine Designer (Vishwa Karma) in the maintenance of His Grand wondrous Design.

The Rig Veda then goes on to tell us that when the Soul begins to operate the physical/gross body during an incarnation, the individual is purposefully led on its journey toward self realization (Enlightenment) and he/she starts striving to follow the cosmic laws of necessity (Vedic Rta) relating to iddm nan mam (nothing for self all for society), the Middle Path, aka the Path of Moderation, the Way of Humility, Unconditional Love for the entire animate and inanimate Universe/Life as well as a host of other cosmic constants & laws.

Conditioned by our physical bodily discrimination's and senses, the values, morals, and material knowledge of living and inert matter, we only see the superficial side of our identity which is the troublesome Egoic self, that is clothed in a sheath (kosha). ~Brihadaranyaka Upanishad.

It is important to note that the Vedas say “Atma” cannot be perceived by any of the physical bodily senses. However, with the cultivation of Trivarga, and the attainment of Enlightenment, it is possible to open up a channel of communication with one's own Divine Soul, being Vachispatiah, opening up the way for knowing all of your prior incarnations, and going beyond the powers of a Arhati / Pali / Arahant.

Please, let's keep this thread going, it is fascinating.

Be Blessed,

Sri Harishankar Vedartham
Namaste.

I am very pleased to make your acquaintance and I am going to really enjoy sharing mutual knowledge of the Vedas with you.

I have been waiting a very long time on here for a person, like yourself, to be able to understand what I am talking about when I discuss such matters and most of my replies often go languishing and unacknowledged, simply because I approach things from the Yogic or Vedic perspective.

The premature statement I made, was born out of total frustration and the final collapse of any remaining patience I had in regards to meeting someone who would and could "get me" because my posts usually kill threads....and just look what happened!

I totally agree with your summation as an adjunct to the quotes from the Katha Upanishad..and yes, it is also mentioned extensively in the Atharva and Rig Vedas.

While I was looking for the exact quotes from these Scriptures (I have not committed them to memory), I came across an amazing article which says all that I wanted to say and more..so I shall just post that here instead:

https://prem.sabhlokcity.com/2011/02...ed-in-vedas-2/

Again, so pleased to meet you and I look forward to finally being able to discuss these matters with someone.

Aum Namah Shivay