Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 23-10-2010, 05:19 AM
Master
Bunny Owl totem.....October full moon.

Seeing as in another topic of mine about the full moon someone said that October full moons has to do with owl totems.
lately I've been very interested in owls, and as a matter of fact last night when Dan and I were outside watching the moon, a bird flew by that I swear was an owl because it was extremely quite and had a wingspan of an owl. So I pulled up this cool website and this totally agreed with what I'm going through in terms of my owl totem:

The owl is the symbol of
the feminine, the moon and the night.
The owl is the bird of magic and darkness, of prophecy and wisdom.

The owl is associated with Athena.
An owl totem gives you the power to extract secrets.
Meditate on the owl and things will be revealed.
Listen to its voice inside of you.
You will hear not what is being said by others, but what is hidden.
You can detect subtleties of voice that others cannot.
People cannot deceive a person who has an owl totem.

Owl people can see into the darkness of others souls.
Most owl people are clairvoyant because of this ability.
It can be very scary at times.
Learn to trust your instincts about people.
Let your owl totem guide you.
Old 23-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Master
owls & full moons - beautiful, large, quiet, glowing, sounds very spiritual to me. I love them both.
Old 23-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Master
Thankyou Silver Girl :)
Spiritlite
Old 23-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Master
Spiritlite--

Sounds beautiful. I had a dream one night that I was with a group of people and we were making our way through this cave toward some destination. There was a feeling of hurrying or maybe of danger, but definitely of getting somewhere.

My son, who is now 28 years old, was a young child again in the dream, maybe 9, and he started messing around (like he did as a kid!). He started running away from me or others who were trying to catch up with him.

Just when I about got him, he turned into a snowy white owl with brown tips on the feathers. I remember looking at it thinking the feathers looked soft and fluffy but that there were probably some pretty sharp talons in there, so maybe I shouldn't try to grab it!

So I looked up the Native American meaning for owls. You quoted the more traditional meaning for them, but the one I ran across first was a very apt description of my son. I kept it in my diary. It was:

Changeable and mutable as the wind, the Owl is a tough one to pin down. Warm, natural, with an easy-going nature, the Owl is friend to the world. The bearer of this Native American animal symbol is notorious for engaging in life at full speed, and whole-hearted loves adventure. This can be to his/her detriment as the Owl can be reckless, careless, and thoughtless. Owls make great artists, teachers, and conservationists. However, due to his/her adaptability and versatility – the Owl would likely excel in any occupation. In a supportive, nurturing environment the Owl is sensitive, enthusiastic, and an attentive listener. Left to his/her own devices, the Owl can be excessive, overindulgent, bitter, and belligerent. Learn more about Owl totem meanings here.

It should be clear that the owl was honored as the keeper of spirits who had passed from one plane to another. Often myth indicates the owl accompanying a spirit to the underworld - winging it's newly freed soul from the physical world into the realm of spirit.

I called him and read it to him and he thought it was funny and had me read it to his girlfriend. He has always been artistic and still plays guitar in a band now and works. He was very social and the guy that all girls and guys talked to about their problems. He still deals with excesses. His phrase in the high school yearbook was, "Go BIG or go home". I've had lots of totem kinds of experiences but this was my first about an owl.

You identify with the traditional interpretation, sounds like. Do you also feel you see the dark side of people?

Thanks for sharing.

IsleWalker - Lora

Last edited by IsleWalker : 23-10-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 23-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Master
Wow thankyou I loved reading your post Lora about other aspects of the owl.
I'm glad people are connecting with this post.
Spiritlite
Old 23-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Master
Spiritlite---

Do you tend to see the dark side of people or their potential for it? That might be hard to know.

Isle
Old 23-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Master
Well dark for me means that I can usually tell if someone is depressed or mentally ill. I don't see darkness like evil in people. When they said that I can see the darkness in people to me that means mental illness or emotional struggling ie grieving the loss of a loved one, in those terms, yes I am usually right on with someone who is mentally ill etc. I've always thought I should've been a psychiatrist because I'm so right on with peoples mental illnesses and how they need to get help.
Spiritlite
Old 23-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Master
Spiritlite--

Yes, I agree about darkness. That's a gift. Any chance you will become a psychiatrist?

Isle
Old 23-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Master
Isle no way, that would mean going back to school for many more years, and I also feel that I would take on too much energy from any clients I would have
Spiritlite