Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 15-02-2013, 05:24 AM
Guide

Question Crystal nightmare?

I noticed that when I wear my amethyst necklace to bed with me I tend to have very bad nightmares. Any explanation as to why? Dreams vary but they are all terrible...

Also when I touch my pendulum I have a dream about it that night... Does that mean anything? these dreams usually... Tend ot have many pendulums in them, either I am collecting them, using them or there are many of them point at me... Which is kind of creepy...

P.S. the only crystal I think that hasn't given me massive nightmares is a green dyed crystal... I just saw a man come out of it... And made black soot/ash stuff come out of the crystal... But beyond that I think most of them cause a nightmare or two...

Also, why do some crystals give you nightmares? Do they all have the same effect on people? Like one person will have all good dreams and another person will have all bad dreams when sleeping with crystals... Or is it only certain ones?

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area, but since it has to do with crystals I thought that this would be the best place.
Old 15-02-2013, 05:38 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseAwakening
I noticed that when I wear my amethyst necklace to bed with me I tend to have very bad nightmares. Any explanation as to why? Dreams vary but they are all terrible...

Also when I touch my pendulum I have a dream about it that night... Does that mean anything? these dreams usually... Tend ot have many pendulums in them, either I am collecting them, using them or there are many of them point at me... Which is kind of creepy...

P.S. the only crystal I think that hasn't given me massive nightmares is a green dyed crystal... I just saw a man come out of it... And made black soot/ash stuff come out of the crystal... But beyond that I think most of them cause a nightmare or two...

Also, why do some crystals give you nightmares? Do they all have the same effect on people? Like one person will have all good dreams and another person will have all bad dreams when sleeping with crystals... Or is it only certain ones?

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area, but since it has to do with crystals I thought that this would be the best place.

I have had similar experiences with one of my amethyst while sleeping with it under my pillow. I'm curious if anyone has an answer for this.
Old 15-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Ascender

One thing I noticed about amethyst, is that it's a magnificent gateway. It opens your mind, and it's very flighty for a rock... because it doesn't seem very interested in taking care of your feelings or providing stability. It has a very powerful energy, to be sure, but it's not a quality that everyone can hold and be equally adept or even equally okay with.

Since amethyst is a quartz, too, I noticed that quartzes tend to be impressionable. If there were any anger, stress, or melancholy in its environment in the past, then I believe it would add that to its default nature.

That said, not all types of rocks or individual rocks will be compatible or incompatible, in the same way as other types of people or individual people. What brings a nightmare of needless suffering to one person, might bring insight to another person who knows how to work with nightmares.
Old 15-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Likes2Read

I think every person, and every stone, is unique. And every person can gradually change so that what impacts them in one way today, might affect them differently in the future as they continue to evolve as a person.

If you have an amethyst that seems to be causing nightmares, maybe meditate with it (aka meditate while holding it) to see if you can get to the root cause of those nightmares while you are awake. Then you will have the ability to consciously deal with those things, and that should put a stop to the nightmares.

If you do energy work with your Chakras, you might find it helpful to know that Amethyst resonates with the Crown Chakra. Which, incidentally, perhaps balancing your Chakras will help get the energies flowing properly within you, and THAT might help resolve the nightmare issue, as well.

Some people find it hard to sleep well with their crystals in their bedroom or near the bed. Moving the crystals farther from the bed, or into another room before retiring to sleep, is a solution to try, as well.
Old 15-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Quagmire

I tend to say that nightmares simply are an overflow in the energies in the crown chakra creating an imbalance. There are two solutions either figure out why there comes an overflow and relieve it or simply stop wearing your amethyst necklace to bed. The nightmares shows you where the struggle lies, though they might just blow it out of proportions blurring the vision. Try to either access it through dream without crystals or simply do it consciously while awake to see if you can get a different perspective of things.

For myself I tend to have strange dreams the first day(s) I sleep with a new crystal. It is simply my energies getting familiar with the energies of the crystal finding a balance.
Old 15-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Master

I can help you with your amethyst. Find me in the chat. This is a matter of reprogramming.
Old 15-02-2013, 09:16 PM
mom

I am the exact oppossite. I tend to have a lot of nightmares if i dont wear my amethyst bracelet to bed. I would say it has something to do with that amethyst point (or pendulum) you mentioned. I would say your dream even is trying to relay that to you by placing genstone pendulums within the dream in a way to creep you out.
One thing i wonder...since this seems to be reocurring for you with other gemstones and there are lots in your dream, are all of the ones that seem to give you nightmares the same shape, such as a gemstone point or pendulum? I wonder if for some reason that specific shape is bothersome to you due to how it radiates its energy and how you take it in? Just something i thought i would throw out for more discussion, or maybe it would help you figure out what is going on.
Old 16-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Guide

@mom
well i have two crystals on my neckalace, both amethyst. One is pointed, and the other is a small gem inside of a star that's inside of a moon, it's a Wicca type necklace. The only other pointed crystal I have is a quartz crystal, I think it's in my purse... I'm not entirely sure, it seems to have a mind of its own. Left it out one night to it can get recharged by the full moon but when I went out it was gone, it was in a cup full of water so I don't know how it could have hopped out of there, I found it a few months later next to a pot across from the table. I find it randomly at times but for the most part it's a MIA crystal.

The pendulums in my dreams are all different shapes and colors, and sometimes aren't even crystals at all. But metal or wood.The pendulum I have now is a clear crystal quartz (in a sphere shape), I used to have a turquoise heart shaped one, but something bad got into it... It was very terrifying, and somewhat traumatizing. So I burried it somewhere away from my house. I don't use my pendulum anymore, at least not for about a year anyway. But whenever I do touch it, to move it, I get a dream of pendulums. It's now next to my door on a small table in a pouch I made for it.

I have many other crystals. Two I got when I was small and those don't give me problems, one is dyed green with its matrix intact (that's the one where I had a dream of a crystal man coming out of it) the other is dyed purple without its matrix. I don't know what kind of crystals they are, they are basically chunks of crystal that were taken out of a wall, from where ever they grew, or perhaps out of a geode. The other crystal chunks I have; citrine & amythest, I don't sleep with. I have various other small crystals but they are close to my sea dragon and kuan yin staue on the other side of the room.

The ones that seem to bother me the most with nightmares are my necklace crystals (not sure which one) and any pendulum I come across/touch. I do remember the Wicca pendent with amythest in it cause me neck pain, like it was stoping energy or perhaps was the energy going through the back of my neck at the base of my skull, and it kind of electrocuted me when I first got it. Dunno why it did that, it wasn't an electric shock you get when you touch something or someone just electric energy flowing through your arms.

I have worn an amythest bracelet, but I don't think that ever relieved me of my nightmares. I have also worn a opalite but I can't remember any differnce with that one.

I guess I am terrible with amethyst? And any/all pendulums I come across. Still wondering why pendulums haunt my dreams so much....
Old 16-02-2013, 06:21 AM
Likes2Read

I forgot to mention in my post that cleansing your stones might also help matters. Search through the forum for methods you can use. Except remember that Amethyst (and Rose Quartz) can fade over time if exposed to sunlight, so use that form of cleansing judiciously.

You might be able to ask your pendulum to help you get to the bottom of why those dreams have been occurring after you interact with your crystals.
Old 16-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Guide

@Likes2Read
I have kind of developed a phobia for pendulums. And I have found that they are generally inaccurate for me, or at least when I use them. That and they also haunt my dreams. Not really terrible nightmares but they will generally pop up everywhere in it.

And my window has a screen over it so only about half of the light gets in, and rose quartz is not exposed to the light at all. Its generally in a cup with all of my other small crystals... But strangely the jade has faded alot of the course of one day. It used to be a bright green but now it's More of a whitish faded green now. Not sure how that happened, just remember waking up with it in my hand one night.

I do have tarrot cards :) so I can try to use those to get to the bottom of it. I have noticed sometimes that when I hold my pendulum (only hold) I get a surge off energy running through my arms into my head. I remember the first time it happened. It scared the living daylights out of me since it was so strong, made me excited/scared/sweaty... I am Not sure why it does that though. it just does, I think I connected to a spirit person, since I felt lots of love and warmth all around me one night (that's when I felt the surge of energy). It eventually went away though but sometimes when I just touch it I can feel alot of energy in it.