Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 08-02-2013, 12:11 PM
xiola_bleu

Smokey Quartz and computers

A few years back when I knew more about crystals and their energies, I used to always have a smokey quartz stone on my computer at work.

Does anyone else do this?

Are there any other good crystals to keep near your computer to keep away any negative energies they omit? Not just negative electricity etc from the actual computer but also from negative things that I read online.

I know it sounds weird, but I'm sure many of us have gotten involved in "internet arguments/discussions" in the past....and sometimes this can really have a negative impact on us.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiola_bleu
Not just negative electricity etc from the actual computer but also from negative things that I read online.

I heard some good things about lampshades made out of some sort of mined salt, it looks like rose quartz. I hear they melt in a little humidity, though, and of course it takes up electricity, to release the ions that counteract something-something or something. Not a stone, but I like cacti.

As for steadying oneself after being on the wrong end of a snarkfest or flamewar... hrmm, actually I get in the mindstate where cyberspace is pretty much another world. So, if I get upset from something here, the upset is real, but logging off and walking around or cooking or talking to an offline person, sometimes, puts me back in the default world vividly enough that whatever happened in cyberspace sort of becomes like a bad dream. Any sort of worrybead can become an anchor for that.

I guess it also depends on why you'd get upset and what usually makes you feel better. There might be a different stone for ifwhen you feel exhausted from arguing about facts that aren't sinking in, versus ifwhen you feel emotionally personally wounded. Or there might be one that works well across the board.

edit to add: The salt lampshades are Himalayan salt lamps.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:20 PM
xiola_bleu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
edit to add: The salt lampshades are Himalayan salt lamps.
Oh yes, I know those. I have something similar, but it's a big rock with a hole in the middle where you place a tealight. Burning that apparently is good for cleansing the air. Mine has been sitting on a windowsill for years and is not in good shape :/

From another webiste:

Benefits

The Vitamin of the Air
These ageless and unique lamps are hand-crafted from large slabs of salt found deep in the Himalayan mountain ranges. Salt rock crystal is known for its ability to ionise the air, creating healthy living spaces in your home. It also provides a peaceful and beautiful environment for us to live in.
Mind: Increases alertness, elevates mood and improves concentration in oneself.

Body: Provides clean and pure air. Decreases airborne bacteria and can assist with headaches, allergies and breathing difficulties.

Spirit: Enforces the flow of Chi Energy within your environment and enhances meditative experiences.
Himalayan Salt Lamps look fantastic in any setting and they also have enormous therapeutic benefits.
Where should you put your Himalayan Salt Lamp?
Near a television or computer
Child’s bedroom – can act as a great night light
In the office
Massage room
Meditation or Yoga studio
Bathroom – try to leave on at all times

It's good, but impractical for using at work, sadly. I need something that doesn't need to be plugged in, or set on fire haha.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Experiencer
Well not just rose quartz.. but any quartz should do.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:44 AM
MyGirlFriday

I use my iphone as my alarm clock, and I read somewhere that it's not very good to leave smart phones near where your head lays b/c your sleep may be disrupted and it could cause nightmares. Well I started sleeping poorly so I have a small slice of B. Tourmaline and put it on top of my phone. B.T. Is very good for electronic emissions, sucks it right up!