Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 13-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Likes2Read

Jury Duty

As I posted in one of the other threads today, I had jury duty. My city has a "one day or one trial" jury service, and I didn't get chosen for a trial. So I only had to be there for today, when all was said and done.

I did make one adjustment to my normal collection of crystals I wear/carry. I only had my diamond ring and my quartz sphere pendant. Normally I have a few other sensitivity-boosting items as well, but I opted not to carry them on my person or wear them because I didn't want to get over-sensitized to the negative vibes that build up in the courtroom and even in the jury room.

It goes without saying that there is a whole gamut of negative vibes that can be associated with a trial, including fear, anger, hate, resentment, sadness, hostility, smugness, lying, and more. The more years the courtroom has been in operation, the more buildup there is. And even in the jury room (where everyone reports at the start of the day, until they get called to be in a group from which 12 jurors will be selected), there is a stupendous buildup of "Don't pick me!" and "I don't want to be here" emotions from hundreds of people who pass through there daily.

It all adds up to a pretty icky-feeling energetic environment to sit in all day. I started out in the jury room, then got chosen for a panel of 40. We went to sit in an empty courtroom to wait until the time when the jurors were chosen from our group. Long story short: we sat in that courtroom for hours until we learned that the case had been resolved without the need for a jury (translation: the defendant must have pleaded guilty).

It just never dawned on me that what I SHOULD have carried, to help keep the nasty vibes at bay, were some protective stones. I could kick myself, because it's not like I don't own them. I do. It's just that I have been focusing for so many months on working with crystals to INCREASE my sensitivity, that it didn't occur to me that I have some other stones that are good for helping to dial down the impact of the energies in my environment.

Well, I won't be making THAT mistake again. Next time I get a jury summons (in a few years, most likely), I will get those protective stones ready on the spot. And I figured I'd let everyone else here know this, so no one else has to sit through an uncomfortable time.
Old 13-02-2013, 06:54 AM
travelgirlfl

What would you have taken with you if you'd thought of it?

I went to the sentencing of the drunk driver than killed my fiance in June - I didn't know anything about stones then. I knew it'd be horribly hard on me, & in fact, his spirit was telling me I didn't need to go, & not to go, but I just couldn't not be there....

I did try to chant & get my spiritual support around me first, but the experience was entirely overwhelming & horribly hard on me, I pick up whatever is around me, and while I know that, at the time I really only had the awareness, not tools to protect myself/close down consciously. (still working on figuring all that out!) Anyway, that was my court experience. Curious what you would have done if you'd thought of it.
Old 13-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Likes2Read

I have some hematite and obsidian tumbled stones i couldve carried, and a necklace made of hematite beads i couldve worn. I also have decoded to get some black tourmaline. I'm sure I can find a piece that won't break the bank, that's potent enough for a task like that.

I'm filing yesterday under "live and learn". My prior jury duty experiences did not come after months and months of daily working to "raise my vibration" (focusing on higher thoughts and emotions; working regularly with quartz, diamond, and other stones like Moldavite; making a point of tuning in to the world with ALL senses, not just the standard five senses). So I didn't have quite as much of a reaction to my surroundings before. It turned my day into an exercise in deliberately letting unwanted energies roll off like water off a duck's back. Which, I suppose, is a knack we all have to master anyway.

I'm sorry to read about the loss of your fiancé. Please accept my belated thoughts and prayers for you and all who love him. I agree with you, I would have HAD to be there, too.
Old 13-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Master
Should I get called for Jury Duty I'll try to remember to take a pocket Orgone Generator to recycle negitive energies already present and some Amazonite which is a stone version of an Orgone Generator but attracts slightly different frequency's, and then Florite and maybe Dalmation Jasper for personal auric protection, maybe a couple grounding stones too and sugilite.
I have a feeling those add up to the equivalent of a phychic Hazmat enviromental suit. lol Can't be too careful with protection!