Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 31-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Sundialed

Meditating In A Tree

Has anyone ever done this? I have done it a few times and it was awesome! It was a tree that was about 50 feet tall with a huge trunk maybe 5-6 feet in diameter and about 10 feet up the tree splits into 3 making the most perfect seat to meditate in. I felt a very gentle and loving energy. It was very soothing and relaxing.

Trees breathe in what we exhale, and we breathe in what the tree exhales. So I did this meditation today (not in the tree - although I will soon) with my hands on the tree and I would do nice deep breaths. When I breathed in I imagined the tree was exhaling, and when I breathed out I imagined the tree was inhaling. I did this for about 5 minutes and enjoyed it thoroughly. Highly recommended.

Any thoughts or stories? Thank you.
Old 31-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Experiencer
What a wonderful idea. I have never tried it, but I would love to. Trees do have very beautiful energy.

I can tell you love trees - have you ever tried communicating with them? I would say that while you are meditating in one it would be the perfect opportunity to do so, especially if you can already feel its loving energy. Try saying thank you for the wonderful energy it is sending you. I know the suggestion might sound silly to some, but that is something I have tried and the results were wondrous.
Old 31-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Medium_Laura

Sounds very Druid :) My other half does this. He gives all his negative issues to the tree and the tree sends it down into our Mother to be cleansed.

Tree lore was a core study of the Druids. The word Druid is believed to come from word, druwides, meaning the Oak knower, knowledge of the Oak.

"Sacred World Tree, you are the axis of the universe. You hold the upper world high in your branches, and the lower world below in your roots. In you, meet both fire and water, light and dark. O Sacred Tree, we stand with you!"

Trees have from time immemorial been closely associated with magic.
These stout members of the vegetable kingdom may stand for as long
as a thousand years, and tower far above our mortal heads. As such
they are symbols and keepers of unlimited power, longevity, and
timelessness. An untouched forest, studded with trees of all ages,
sizes and types, is more than a mysterious, magical place - it is one
of the energy reservoirs of nature. Within its boundaries stand
ancient and new sentinels, guardians of the universal force
which has manifested on the the Earth ...
- Scott Cunningham, Earth Power:
Old 01-02-2011, 02:21 AM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
What a wonderful idea. I have never tried it, but I would love to. Trees do have very beautiful energy.

I can tell you love trees - have you ever tried communicating with them? I would say that while you are meditating in one it would be the perfect opportunity to do so, especially if you can already feel its loving energy. Try saying thank you for the wonderful energy it is sending you. I know the suggestion might sound silly to some, but that is something I have tried and the results were wondrous.

Yes I have had minor communication with that tree, and most others have just been pure energy teachings. I just stayed centered in my heart and it taught me about being gentle with all of life, no matter the situation. I do say thank you for many things as well. I haven't climbed up in a while but I usually have my hands on it, rest my head on it, and have a little talk with the elder. I do plan on going up very soon. Thank you for your comment.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Sounds very Druid :) My other half does this. He gives all his negative issues to the tree and the tree sends it down into our Mother to be cleansed.

Tree lore was a core study of the Druids. The word Druid is believed to come from word, druwides, meaning the Oak knower, knowledge of the Oak.

"Sacred World Tree, you are the axis of the universe. You hold the upper world high in your branches, and the lower world below in your roots. In you, meet both fire and water, light and dark. O Sacred Tree, we stand with you!"

Trees have from time immemorial been closely associated with magic.
These stout members of the vegetable kingdom may stand for as long
as a thousand years, and tower far above our mortal heads. As such
they are symbols and keepers of unlimited power, longevity, and
timelessness. An untouched forest, studded with trees of all ages,
sizes and types, is more than a mysterious, magical place - it is one
of the energy reservoirs of nature. Within its boundaries stand
ancient and new sentinels, guardians of the universal force
which has manifested on the the Earth ...
- Scott Cunningham, Earth Power:

wow thank you for such an inspiring comment, i am glad to know i'm not the only one, in which i already knew, but to hear this from someone that i am communicating with really brings it home. tell your other half some internet tree hugger says hello. with the negative energy thing, i have hugged many trees and oh my gosh i can not wipe the smile off of my face. doing that takes a lot of negative energy out of me. if there is anything else you could tell me about your other half's tree/nature practices or even any of your own i would be most willing to listen. and i'm glad a girl like you exists that understands our type :) thank you for your comment.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:34 AM
Medium_Laura

His nickname for a LONG time was Treehugger. He says that they speak to him. He even studied in Forestry for a degree before I met him so that he could "help" the community of trees :)

They speak to him in sounds and colors is how he tells me. I'm not versed in tree lol. They can explain to him they need water or food or even help with disease. They energize him and he often, when having a bad day... will go out and talk to the trees. :)
Old 01-02-2011, 03:21 AM
Master
I've never meditated in a tree but when I was a young girl I used to climb into trees to read. I'd spend hours in them. I used to find it funny that no one ever knew I was there - they never looked up. And so, I could surprise them lol.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:04 AM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
His nickname for a LONG time was Treehugger. He says that they speak to him. He even studied in Forestry for a degree before I met him so that he could "help" the community of trees :)

They speak to him in sounds and colors is how he tells me. I'm not versed in tree lol. They can explain to him they need water or food or even help with disease. They energize him and he often, when having a bad day... will go out and talk to the trees. :)

that's all so cool!

what does he think about using hemp for paper and all paper/pulp related materials instead of trees?
Old 01-02-2011, 04:05 AM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I've never meditated in a tree but when I was a young girl I used to climb into trees to read. I'd spend hours in them. I used to find it funny that no one ever knew I was there - they never looked up. And so, I could surprise them lol.

lol so cute!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Master
Hi youractuallyme

I love tree meditation. I do quite a bit of tree huggin type earth healing stuff and agree It's wonderful.

Each tree brings a different energy to the table. We used to go around the variety of trees and test our senses so to speak to see what we each felt In reference to each tree.

It certainly aided my enthusiasm regarding my element work. It was also the first time I saw my newly Introduced druid helper / guide.

x daz x