Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 22-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Ascender
After Riboflavin's post I think it's important that I clarify something:

4everLove: "it is a good point that he says things in a different way. So thank you."
No! I didn't mean that. You talked about following one's feelings; then I said that IMO a smoker with don't-care attitude thinks in similar way "I smoke because I feel like smoking, logically it may be harmful, kick aside logic, I want to follow my feelings". Whereas a logical person may also be addicted to smoking but a logical person can acknowledge his mistake which gives possibility of improvement. Then I said that a logical person can also follow his intuition for logical reason(s).

- - - - - -

IMO logicalness is sanity so everyone should think logically. I don't know how illogical people think. Like if I ask them what's 2+3, an illogical person may reply that "Purple, because aliens don't wear hats" (from an internet joke). How this person is thinking!!?

I disagree with Riboflavin. IMO if you want to talk logically with him then you should become logical first. I'm saying this from perspective of assuming that the person you're dating is perfectly logical.
Old 22-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everLove
I, like anyone, will use logic, but I am also very spiritual in the sense that I trust a lot of things and go with the vibes I feel without needing a logical explanation for the way I feel. I just feel. Anyways, I am dating someone that I truly truly truly care for and really love (we haven't used the "L" word yet haha too early). But I know we have a soul connection. I felt it when we met. We both did. He helps keep me stay grounded since I can be a bit spacey or floaty at times. I do energy work and he asks me about it and other things in that topic. He is very practical and he always smiles when I talk about it because it sounds funny to him. He is just very logical with things. He still supports me though! But how do you speak your truth on the subject if the other person doesn't really "believe" it so much? I want to speak more in "his" language so maybe he will understand it in logical terms more haha. He is pretty intelligent. How can I speak it while sneaking my spiritual side in there?

4everLove - I have found just remaining who I am works best for me. I used to feel something was wrong with me, but over many years just speaking my truth, even if it doesn't coincide with what others believe, helps me feel I'm being genuine to myself and others. It seems that it's often the case that when you gently stick to your convictions without forcing them on others, respect for your being true to yourself comes.

I've given up trying to think like significant people in my life. It just doesn't work. Equally so, I respect that others think different than me. It's mutual. I used to care if I could convince others of my beliefs because then I would have validation that my way of thinking was the truth, but over the years I've grown to think that's not important to me anymore. I don't know the truth for others anymore than others know the truth for me. I just think the way I think. Others think the way they do. There isn't really any separation other than individuality which is always unique no matter what.
Old 23-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everLove
He is very practical and he always smiles when I talk about it because it sounds funny to him. He is just very logical with things. He still supports me though! But how do you speak your truth on the subject if the other person doesn't really "believe" it so much? I want to speak more in "his" language so maybe he will understand it in logical terms more haha. He is pretty intelligent. How can I speak it while sneaking my spiritual side in there?

I just honed in on the parts I took the liberty of putting in bold and figured I'd focus on those. Despite how much of a soul connection you feel you have with this guy, it would seem that you two are on two totally different pages. We develop intuition over time. For most of us (maybe even you), that feeling serves us well. Why would you want to turn your focus away from that just to "speak your truth" in a way other than what you want? That would be a pretty big red flag there too. If a woman ignored her instincts about anything and used logic..........she might very well wind up in compromising positions she wouldn't have otherwise ended up in had she followed her guts. You can guess where I'm going with that. "Logic" might decree that she should trust someone that she has known for a decent amount of time, even if he wasn't someone she knew really well.....even if she had some misgivings about him. Then she accepts a ride home with him and he pulls over on a deserted road and rapes her. Had she followed her intuition, she would have passed on the ride home even if it meant having to find someone else to drive her.

When communicating with him, you are not speaking in pig latin. You are speaking in whatever language he is speaking. You don't need to change anything. I was like you in a sense........but not so much in romantic relationships, but as far as relating to friends I've had. The only difference was that they looked at me with blank expressions on their face and I was left feeling stupid.

Tell me, when he "smiles" at what you say..........does he smile, or does he smirk? If its the latter, then maybe you should look at exactly what this relationship has to teach you, because it does not have happily-ever-after stamped on it.
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."

-Anne Frank