Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 06-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Master
Dog going nuts in home. Please help!

I'm going to post this in several places because I'm not sure where a question such as this should go.
So, all of the sudden my dog is very anxious, whimpering and crying, wanting to be outside, scratching at the window, staying glued to me and my boyfriends sides except when she is at the door crying to get out, and really looses it when we have to leave for work leaving her at home alone. This has happened before and it seemed to have something to do with the fact that she got a spider bite that caused a reaction in her. After treatment with meds she got better. And it was only a day or two this. This time we cannot figure out what it is? I even considered carbon monoxide or something of that nature was in the house, but it tested fine. This as been going on for a few days now and is getting worse. She had us up all night. She is also jittery and very sensitive to sounds. Every little click or squeak from the heater vents makes her jump and/or get more anxious. She does have a vet appointment but I have a feeling that he wont find anything wrong.

Can anyone with intuitive or other abilities tell me what may be causing this?
Old 06-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Master

I did suggest somewhere else to have her checked out at the vets - just to make sure it's nothing physical.

During a very violent thunderstorm last year a huge tree came down and fell right close to the house; our dog was alone at the time. This was a very traumatic experience for our dog and she behaved, for a while, much like your dog is behaving. It has taken me six months to get her over this, although certain loud noises can still upset her.

Something could have happened when she was home alone, the sad part is you'll probably never know for sure. If those small heater sounds are bothering her then, at a guess, maybe there was some kind of sound that upset her when you were away from home. She's actually getting to the point now that a loud noise, instead of being fearful, is a signal to play with the stick!

It could be something in the spiritual realm that is bothering her but if you're not sensitive to those things - again - it's going to be difficult to know for sure.

Because of the fear she is showing, a lot of patience is going to be needed. One way to help her is when she hears a noise and starts getting upset, try distraction with a favourite toy or treat. When my dog would hear a noise, whether we were inside or outside, I gave a stick to play with (her favourite thing in the whole world, lol). It takes time and patience but distraction can help.

If you Google "How to deal with a dog's fear" there are a number of things to read.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Kpastelle

If you've lived in that house for quite a while and your dog was not behaving this way until recently, it doesn't seem at first glance, that it could be related to the spiritual realm but then again, their are many things going on in the astral plane right now.

Mentionning this, my first thought is the opening of portals

Maybe there is some kind of portal in your house that's was not very active before that is becomming more active now. Your dog could and would be sensitive to that.

But it's like Jenny Crow says if its related to the spiritual realm it could be very hard to find out without the help of some kind of psychic sensitive to these things
Old 06-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator
My intuition about this situation with her....
The spider bite has had deep effects on her, maybe concerning her energy body. Although it has healed apparently, physically, she still has the lingering effects of the toxin in her system.

She may need energy healing....immune support (I think Immune support tablets for dogs can be bought online. They are not cheap. Del Immune V was one I chose for my dog towards the end of her life. But there will be other options. Make sure if choosing a supplement which was originally designed for humans -that there are no ingredients which are toxic for dogs, or allergenic.
Homeopathic treatment may also help. You could research which remedy to use, based on her symptoms, (which would be the cheaper option) or consult a Homeopathic vet (which would be the more expensive option, but may go more in-depth, and bear in mind the toxins she has been subjected to.

Have you tried "Music to relax dogs" ? (www.relaxmydog.com) Lovely gentle classical-style music, which apparently has calming effects on dogs.

Another thought....when she was seriously ill, I bet she got a lot more attention. We, as humans (even human children) can understand that they were sick, and so got extra nice things, more love-time, more special treats, etc. But dogs find it hard to join the dots. All they can 'get' is that they were suddenly showered with affection and attention, and suddenly it's not there quite as much anymore. It can sometimes leave them feeling a bit 'lost' and clingy afterwards. They are trying to get that level of attention back again. (?)
Going out to work and leaving a dog alone in the house....we have all had to do it. But it is far from the ideal situation. I've had to do it, in order to earn us the pittance we both needed to pay bills and buy food. I hated every minute. But dogs hate it so much. If they are already feeling peculiar, and then get left alone, they can get strong anxiety. Especially if the ones they are missing are the same ones who showered them with affection and special concern only days/weeks ago.
But of course you have to go out to work. I wonder if it would help if you could hire someone to come in, in the middle of the day and take the dog out for one hour? Sometimes physical exercise to break up the day can smooth out anxiety attacks.
Also, think about playing soothing music for her. Start when you are there, then graduate to leaving it playing when you are out. Start by going out only for short intervals, leaving her alone, (5-10 minutes at first) Then longer times .

When she is actually anxious, don't 'shower her' with anything, including affection -or make any special fuss. Just maintain a calm atmosphere. You can talk gently, but don't look her in the eyes when you do. Just go about your house in that way. Or gently tell her to 'get on her bed and lie down'. (Kindly but firmly in a fairly quiet voice)
If you notice she relaxes (you will have to be observant) -then go to her with a gentle kiss on the head or soothing words, and say 'good girl'. Then carry on as normal -calmly- again.

That's the best I can offer.

But my intuition is going with after-effects of the spider bite. These I believe, deliver neuro-toxins.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Master
Thanks for all the great advice! I am def going to check out those websites and get her to the vet. She doesn't get left at home that often. And she actually used to go to a relatives home on the longer day but started to want to stay home and sleep instead (lol).

Kpastelle-can you elaborate more on portals and what's happening on the astral plane?
Old 06-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Perhaps the dog simply feels lonely try leaving a tv or radio on so there is background noise and human voices

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 06-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Master
I do that and she isn't left at home alone that often. She also has a cat to keep her company. I don't think that she actually minds staying at home, at least she didn't used to. She actually used to go to a relatives home once a week on my longest workday but she stopped wanting to go and preferred staying in bed sleeping. (lol) She's also very spoiled and gets lots of attention so I don't think that she is doing for the attention either. But thanks for the good suggestions.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:14 AM
Master

I also forgot to mention the Bach Flower Remedies. They are very safe to take and the one I would give her is the "Rescue Remedy". It will definitely help to keep her calm. They are not a sedative or a chemical drug, each remedy is an essence of a flower or tree. If you're not familiar with them you can always look up "Bach Flower Remedies" on line.

I had my dog on the Rescue Remedy for a month or two and it really helped.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Master
Thank you all.
Thanks for telling me about those natural remedies! I didn't have to use them, but good to know for future purposes.

Well, problem solved, thank god! We determined the main source of the squeaking noise that seemed to really bother her, and after some experimenting, came up with a way to fix it. So far, so good. No squeaks or anxiety stricken dog. Our home is happy and peaceful once again!
Old 07-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator
Oh great!
It was all about a squeaking noise which unnerved her? I am glad that is solved.