Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Animus27

Socrates says suicide is unwise, since humans do not belong solely to themselves, but are ultimately the property of the gods.
Old 25-08-2013, 09:49 PM
merrie

I think many of us may have contemplated suicidal thoughts. But I feel we are here for a reason and that reason is to live our life until it is deemed we are no longer possibly able to do so. Perhaps when these thoughts come to us about ending it all, we need to look at it as actually a lifeline to consider something better is here, in this lifetime for us to do.
Old 26-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen84
I've been studying about reincarnation for some time now. I'm a 29 year old guy who's suffering from Body Dysmorphia and was interested to know what would happen to a soul who is absolutely not happy with his current body after committing suicide? would he have to come back under the same circumstances? Or would his suffering be taken into account and somewhat things would end up better this time?

Phrozen84 Hi and Welcome to spiritual forums I have heard about Body Dysmorphia before on a documentary called Too Ugly for love were they showed people from great Britain who suffered from it. As I was watching the documentary it made me sad because they really thought they were not going to find love. I believe in reincarnation and I think that when we do pass away that we are all going to be born again into new souls and bodies that are immortal. I know how it’s hard not liking yourself or maybe seeing yourself as a beautiful person but you are. God made all of us unique although sometimes I think it’s a cruel joke because I kind have low self-esteem and I wish that I was sometimes a different person too but I have to remember that I’m me and not anyone else. I hope you are not considering any attempts to off yourself. I think I would be worried about the ones you left behind who loved you than god punishing you for committing suicide. I have thoughts of taking my own life away too it’s hard. I wish you the best of luck and again welcome to the forum.

Link: http://documentaryheaven.com/too-ugly-for-love/
Old 26-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Experiencer

I think that you would simply just reincarnate regardless if its suicide or a natural death. We dont get punished.
Old 29-08-2013, 03:58 PM
BigSpiritNow

Post Off the hook

Phrozen84 - just banging around and discovered your question. Here are some thoughts for you, as I have studied about this afterlife thing a lot via Eastern-based religions, after being raised strict Catholic, threatened my whole childhood with hell, etc.

Since you mentioned God in your question, it seems you are still assigning judgement power to "God". I've decided after all I've learned that assigning responsibility for your happiness/judgement to a god absolves you from responsibility to yourself, a convenient device which we see people using every day. This concept of a God dealing out judgement, now or later, is a new idea. The concept in Buddhism and Indian (India) religions are much older and invariably take the path that a person is, ultimately, only answerable to and punished by themselves. There is mountains of visible evidence of this everywhere too. Look at all the people that destroy themselves after committing some horrible crime or hurtful act against someone they love.

My dad died a year ago and he was a to-the-bone Christian that believed that God had total power to punish, and would punish, anyone who didn't toe the line on everything the Bible said. Yet he "killed" himself with painkillers and alcohol, as he wanted out of his wrecked body so bad. He would never have shot himself in the head, that would be "suicide", but he could totally justify "going to God" via drugs and alcohol, as that is just "dying peacefully". I had to laugh to myself, after all the browbeating he'd done to me over the God's judgement thing.

The bottom line is: the spirit persists and you will retain greater or lesser awareness. There are lots of stories on Youtube of "near death" experiences (clinically dead then came back and got the body going again, resuming that lifetime). The stories in the book "Nothing Better Than Death" are very interesting (easy to find), but they are all different. Every one of the people who popped out (for whatever reason) and then came back had a different experience of judging themselves & others, etc. You should do a study on some different early religions, and look up some current "near death" anecdotes. It's amazing how many people become extremely aware of themselves as a spirit once they have something like that happen to them. And also how totally unafraid they become of "dying" thereafter. Some of them were very regretful that they had to come back and resume their life in the current body.

One thing that I thought was a real revelation in studying these Eastern-based religions, is that Man (the spirit) is basically good. This is a diametrically opposed belief to the Christian/Catholic thing that Man is basically bad, i.e. we're all "born in sin". I don't buy that, I've always thought it was a device for suppression, and so have a lot of other philosophers. There is plenty of badness, as we all have a choice to be bad or good, but if we were all basically bad, the human race would have been gone long ago and has probably only been saved by that basic impulse and sympathy towards goodness. Moral of story: I wouldn't worry about dying, no matter how it happens. You're only going do have to answer to yourself, and if you think you've got good enough reasons, then you'll let yourself off the hook. Nothing can really hurt you anyway, not even a "god", as you are immortal. An immortal being can't be killed, or chained, except by their own chains. Sorry if this got a little long, I hope you sort it out for yourself. You are in charge of you. good luck.

P.S. - A good book to start with is Khalil Gibran "The Prophet", to get something other than the strictly Christian viewpoint.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Chalk1990

Suicide is never the answer. We are all sent here on a mission to learn, and become greater spiritual beings, we get roughly 100 years on this planet to learn as much as we can about our experiences, and after those 100 years, we return to our Divine Father who gives us a review on how we did, and what we learned.

If you choose to commit suicide during this journey, you will have to reincarnate, and face the same challenges you were sent here for in the first place, and you may give yourself a bad karmic debt, such as birth defects, disabilities, illnesses, diseases in the next life.

The OP seems to have a lack of self love, when you trust that God in fact loves you completely, and unconditionally, you will find self love within yourself, no matter what your body looks like, it is yours, and you must respect that. Our body is just a vehicle, when it expires, we simply leave it behind, and think nothing more of it. If you commit suicide simply because you do not like your body, you are doing more damage to your soul than you think, and the burden of emotion you spread onto others from your suicide will follow you into the spiritual plane, and you will see, and feel completely what your suicide has done to all those who care about you.

When you reincarnate to face your retrials of the lessons you failed to learn in this life, you will have to face spiritual amnesia once again, you will have to once again seek, and find your faith, those who have found faith in our current generation are lucky to have awakened, they have overcome their spiritual amnesia, while others are not so lucky, they are still suffering from their amnesia, they think they are just living a mundane Human life, living as a slave to society, and believing that once they expire, they are simply Dead for eternity. Without our amnesia, we would have no will to take this journey, and once we wake up from our amnesia, we find the faith to keep our feet moving forward, finding our way back home.
Old 17-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Master

I commit suicide in my last life and no, there was no judgement from others as such when I got to the other side. I was the only one who judged myself. I was so disappointed that I did not stay to learn what I had incarnated to learn. I ended up going off somewhere to think (long story, won't go into that).

There is no time over there but I'm sure it was for at least 100 years or so. Which brought me to this life full of "situations". I have overcome the reason I commit suicide in my last life and have moved way beyond. Actually, I'm pretty proud of myself for what I have accomplished in this life. But then I wish for more. ~~sigh~~ Will I ever be satisfied? Probably not.
Old 18-09-2013, 11:27 PM
musliman

Person who sucide judge hardely because sucide is forbidden

Trying to play god rule

Soul come out of eye to watch go youtube
Paste following ( arabic lecture but just watch how his eyes open widely)
Notice man laughing once he die his smile disappear
In the same time he is talking about islamic says
That prophet muhammad peace be upon him said :
Angel of death said to prophet that soul come out through eyes

Notice his eyes not clear suddenly when he die it opens widely

خروج روح نبيل عوضي

While this man laughing when he die despite his body full of blood
From Syria muslim.

Go to you tube paste

شهيد يبتسم

This is unique you can open grave of disbelievers and you will find difference

Muslim body didn't got hurt despite the reopened grave

Go youtube paste

‫فتح قبر شهيدين في درعا ورائحة المسك تفوح من القبر‬‎ - YouTube

To see how soul come out of body
It is like prophet peace be upon him said start from tip of your toes (leg)
Through all body and come out through eyes

Arabic lecture alive just watch old man how he die

To watch paste following in youtube

لحظة خروج الروح بالصوت والصور

Compare this one with previous video

The old man white skin turned to yellow once he die

While syrian guy still white skin not turned yellow after opening his grave

All those signs indicate that people judge differently
Old 19-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Knower

For start, you choose your life path before you are born. You choose what things you want to experience other things are up to you. Your life is like one big journey, with important objectives, wich you choose and cannot change, that is called fate. There are less important objectives that you may change during lifetime, but it may or may not have consequences. And there are unimportant things wich you with your free will change as you want and do whatever you want, but in the end you always choose what you want.
Suicide is like failing this journey, its like ending it prematurely. You will have to go trough everything again and it may be even worse for you. Its like if you would want to get buff, so you start working out, your ending goal is to be buffed, you choose how to get there. But suicide is like you lose motivation, like you give up totally. But you will have to get buff, you want it, so you will go trough it again and again until you get buff.
Old 19-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Master

someguy, that is the way I perceive it. But for me I wanted to go through the same tests again in this incarnation. No one made me. I wanted to get over a hurdle that had been looming in front of me for many incarnations and I kept side-stepping it. So I chose to go through the same problems times 50. In other words, I put myself through the same incidents 50 times over what I had put myself through the previous incarnation.

Musliman. I respect your beliefs but they are not mine.