Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighlense
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could go into some depth about the differences between a medium and a Prophet. So far from my internet researching i understand that Mediums speak to spirits and Prophets speak directly to God, but what are the other differences?

Thanks in advance,
Sighlense

If we were to look at Prophet you would see one that communes with the Holy Spirit. Which in a way is no different then what a medium does. A medium speaks with the spirit of a person that is deceased, or with angels, or other divine beings.

The difference being that those of the Christian faith will inform you that the Holy Spirit is a part of the Triune of God, and is not just a "spirit"
Old 16-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
If we were to look at Prophet you would see one that communes with the Holy Spirit. Which in a way is no different then what a medium does. A medium speaks with the spirit of a person that is deceased, or with angels, or other divine beings.

The difference being that those of the Christian faith will inform you that the Holy Spirit is a part of the Triune of God, and is not just a "spirit"

That is what i have come to know.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:47 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
I'm so glad you've put it that way, clean clear-cut and in definite laymans terms. I also was told that you're born a prophet, and not everyone is a medium. Not sure how true this is and what this means because for instance, we're all born what with the capibilities to do what were meant to do. Teachers are born with the capibilities needed to be a teacher, a dancer are "Born" dancers/ Also, can't prophets still involve themselves in things such as Astrology/Card Reading/Etc as long as you are doing God's will? Can't you be a prophet and not know the word of God?

Thanks Sighlense for your kind words. I'd say that revelation through the intellect and the mind on the world we live can be mistaken for being a prophet. This is rather than special revelation that includes the prophets, the words of God spoken through them. But again this was before God Himself, Jesus Christ, One of the Trinity had spoken. We now, excuse me, whosoever believes has access to Jesus, all one needs do is pray. Hope this answers your question.

But I getcha in that some are born to lead, take the prophet Jonah, after disobeying God he finally went as told by God to Ninevah and delivered a few word prophecy. And the Lord God always starts with a baby, regarding Samuel who was dedicated to the Lord, and then there was Jesus, I'm sure you get the picture.
Old 16-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Sighlense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Thanks Sighlense for your kind words. I'd say that revelation through the intellect and the mind on the world we live can be mistaken for being a prophet. This is rather than special revelation that includes the prophets, the words of God spoken through them. But again this was before God Himself, Jesus Christ, One of the Trinity had spoken. We now, excuse me, whosoever believes has access to Jesus, all one needs do is pray. Hope this answers your question.

But I getcha in that some are born to lead, take the prophet Jonah, after disobeying God he finally went as told by God to Ninevah and delivered a few word prophecy. And the Lord God always starts with a baby, regarding Samuel who was dedicated to the Lord, and then there was Jesus, I'm sure you get the picture.
Ahh yes, just to give you some backstory on my question (maybe this will help). I recently came into some gifts that were "Quite Strong" for lack of a better word. I joined the mediumship community and found some great connections. Tomake a long story short i met a man who was a prophet who is now my mentor. He has been doing this for years (Preaching since he was 5 years old) and has been doing work in the prophetic all his life. Although I've "Accepted" the possibility that i'm a prophet, and he has gone above and beyond his abilities to help me, i'm still not able to grasp the concept of how Prophets use their "Gift" differently. He says some Prophet's use cards or water or crystal balls etc depending upon your "Element" but i'm always afraid that i may look more "Mediumish" while doing reading then "Prophet-Like" because i'm so new to this and dont know the scripture that well! Any advice?
Old 16-04-2012, 01:09 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Ahh yes, just to give you some backstory on my question (maybe this will help). I recently came into some gifts that were "Quite Strong" for lack of a better word. I joined the mediumship community and found some great connections. Tomake a long story short i met a man who was a prophet who is now my mentor. He has been doing this for years (Preaching since he was 5 years old) and has been doing work in the prophetic all his life. Although I've "Accepted" the possibility that i'm a prophet, and he has gone above and beyond his abilities to help me, i'm still not able to grasp the concept of how Prophets use their "Gift" differently. He says some Prophet's use cards or water or crystal balls etc depending upon your "Element" but i'm always afraid that i may look more "Mediumish" while doing reading then "Prophet-Like" because i'm so new to this and dont know the scripture that well! Any advice?
Genesis
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters... :)
Old 16-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Sighlense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Genesis
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters... :)

Uhhh, thanks? Loll i've missed it :)
Old 18-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Ascender

Mediums are sent by satan, though many would refuse to believe this. It’s most definitely NOT by Jehovah God, (Levi.19:31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God). God doesn’t deal with these people ,(Duet.18:10-12, There shall not be found among you any one that make his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that use divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee).

Acts 16:16-18- And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour. (satan made this girl seem as though she was doing nothing wrong. But Paul knew it was of the devil).

Prophets are true servers of the God of Israel, and/or true followers of Jesus. They are sent by Jehovah God, (Moses -Duet. 34:10) ,(Jeremiah -2 Chron. 36:12), (Ezekiel-Ezek. 2:1-5), and many more. These men serve the God of Israel, mediums and those like them…don’t!

peace
Old 18-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Mary Baker

My understanding is tht a prophet is a person who is given a message by God to pass on to others. He does not commune with "spirits" but rather is assigned a task by God. the prophet merely accepts the task and performs it, (usually) of course there was Jonah trying to escape prophesying to the city of Ninevah. He had to do it anyway. Then Elijah wanted to be released from the task of prophesying to the nation of Israel and was permitted to tie up a few loose ends, pass on his mantle to Elisha and depart this world in a chariot of fire. Maybe you are familiar with the song. HA, HA! Just kidding about the song, but think of something that majestic and moving and more so, when you think of true prophecy.
Old 18-04-2012, 07:30 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Baker
My understanding is tht a prophet is a person who is given a message by God to pass on to others. He does not commune with "spirits" but rather is assigned a task by God. the prophet merely accepts the task and performs it, (usually) of course there was Jonah trying to escape prophesying to the city of Ninevah. He had to do it anyway. Then Elijah wanted to be released from the task of prophesying to the nation of Israel and was permitted to tie up a few loose ends, pass on his mantle to Elisha and depart this world in a chariot of fire. Maybe you are familiar with the song. HA, HA! Just kidding about the song, but think of something that majestic and moving and more so, when you think of true prophecy.

Not only is a prophet a person that is given a message, but that message will be a progressive revelation. If any prophet says something that rejects/contradicts a previous prophet, then they are a false prophet.