Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-01-2018, 08:45 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
I have been in satsangs where there were spontaneous prolonged moments (think the better part of a half hour) of silence where everyone was experiencing some non-dualistic moment of bliss.
But like every experience it passes, mind begin to stir and questions arise. Some of these get asked which are then attempted to be answered even though everyone was sitting in blissful unified silence just minutes before..

Does that diminish any one of both experiences?
No.. It just shows that some states are perceived as more pleasurable than others.
Based on your temperament I guess to some the silence was more pleasurable to others the Q and A that followed..

Where in that satsang was there ever a duality other than in the way it was perceived?

With Love

But temperament can change like the flickering TV and so too can what is perceived as pleasurable change.

Pain/ pleasure, one fiat coin.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Master
Pain is a pain, pleasure is a pleasure.

The witness is always the same?

The body can hurt in ways the witness can't ignore. Nothing will make that feel right when it's broken, but there could be some higher level coping mechanisms.

The ego, psychosocial anxiety, well that's complicated.

The chemical bath of the brain, the way it's wired, so many challenges for the spirit?

And lets not forget the joy we can suck out off our minds and bodies. But what is true joy and liberation?

Duality is this matter we are. It's physical, there is such a thing as pure consciousness it seems to m/e.

The awareness between the words... I am.

That's what the biblical God? was referring too... I am, but let go of the words.

A nondual God? in a dual world... that branches out into this complexity of creation?

Thats where we come in....
Old 14-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Knower
Quote:
Do you think we can ever be truly honest with each other?

No.

That was honesty.

Honesty is direct but it comes indirect via duality.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
But temperament can change like the flickering TV and so too can what is perceived as pleasurable change.

Pain/ pleasure, one fiat coin.
They do. So they are not a measure.. neither are words. What they convey or stirr up.
Usefull pointers though. Depending on perception

With Love
Eelco
Old 15-01-2018, 02:33 AM
Master

Quote:
I have a good one for all you wonderful people.

Word, word, does it starve off oblivion or sustain it?

It depends. On the one hand, if you are looking for truth, you may never be consistantly sustained for there may always be something hidden that contradicts the truth you think you have discovered. See S Kierkegaarde "The parable of the Highwayman".

If, on the other hand, such parables resonate to the extent that the idea that one can know the truth is trancended, then resonance with an idea may be enough to sustain. and may even end one's spiritual seach. In the context of non duality, the idea resonated with may be All is One.

The state one may need to be in to match frequencies may well be the state you are in. Nisargadatta described it as a most beneficial state for such a resonance to occur. There seems to be something going on for your interest in the subject.
Old 15-01-2018, 05:52 AM
Knower
Let's take those three words, All is One.

For one person those three words can be deceiving through the lens of their perception thus sustaining oblivion while for another it hints of that which is beyond mere words and its extensions starving off oblivion.

Is that a restatement of what you mean by "depends" or am I off base?
Old 15-01-2018, 05:59 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
They do. So they are not a measure.. neither are words. What they convey or stirr up.
Usefull pointers though. Depending on perception

With Love
Eelco

Non Duality is like reading between the lines where nothing is perceived but is.
Old 15-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Let's take those three words, All is One.

For one person those three words can be deceiving through the lens of their perception thus sustaining oblivion while for another it hints of that which is beyond mere words and its extensions starving off oblivion.

Is that a restatement of what you mean by "depends" or am I off base?

Those 3 words have meanings which I suggest are clear. Lets deal with that first. Do you accept that the meanings are clear for those 3 words?? If not which meanings do you prefer? This is simply to define what we are talking about. Its no problem if our understanding of those words is different cause we can proceed on the definitions, an understanding, you prefer.
Old 15-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Non Duality is like reading between the lines where nothing is perceived but is.

So would you are say that audible perception is in the beholders ear, But only if there isn't a beholder??

Old 15-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Knower
I get it, anything can have holes poked in it with the right poker.

I'm a clay pigeon operating a trap thrower.

Shoot!