Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-12-2017, 06:02 AM
Master
Seeing The Changes In You

As the year comes to a close i'm curious as to what changes have you noticed in you within the past year. In regards to your life journey, your spiritual path, your mindset, the way you approach drama or other issues. Or even on this forum.

If you were to look back and reread the posts you've made a year ago or even just six months ago, would you notice any difference. Even just a slight difference. Be honest with yourself.
Old 22-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
As the year comes to a close i'm curious as to what changes have you noticed in you within the past year. In regards to your life journey, your spiritual path, your mindset, the way you approach drama or other issues. Or even on this forum.

If you were to look back and reread the posts you've made a year ago or even just six months ago, would you notice any difference. Even just a slight difference. Be honest with yourself.

Yes
I feel freer, lighter, and stronger the last 6 months. Thank GOD for the arrival of the age of Aquarius. The energy feels so liberating and powerful to me...as if we finally have moved into the place where we are supported in our growth as individuals as well as collectively...both of which are huge and were stifled or heavily oppressed in past ages.

So this past year, I've experienced a deeper knowing and apprehension of the following...

The more removed you are from the outcome, the more force [integrity, light, discipline, awe, lovingkindness...etc] you can bring to bear and the more engaged and authentic you can be. This power is so forceful that it can literally snuff out all that is, in the material realm, with its sheer magnificence.

YET

Equally, it's critical to be [and to remain] personally engaged and to always be mindful of the personal aspect of human connection and communication.
As it's only in the grounded, day-to-day personal arena that the rubber meets the road. It all comes back to living from the heart centre but with all the equanimity you can bear at any given time, and no more.

So, it's the ongoing fusion and balance of these two that brings a strong, peaceful centreness. I think the equanimity we can bear requires great strength, and many are terrified of living in their strength. And yet, it's so liberating, because when you settle into it, your lovingkindness is that much richer and stronger.

What about you?

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 22-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Master
yep had a lot f of drama hts yr u cyd say
bean roobd wz 1 thng i dnt exspct h 2 hann i did not
i no moms alz/de,m wz not goin 2 get betrr
but nxt yr be mro betrr
i feal my slf xomin mor spirtl i am
iv fond a shss shp it sell thngs i luv 1 prob id be in the all day by n thngs in it if i cud
byin my slf a brf ston braslst wz my hil litee ysaday it wz i saed no my slf on ovt sendin i did

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 22-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi ocean breeze. I would say the biggest changes that have come over me is just the knowing that a major event that I traditionally would be very uncomfortable and anxious over, will come, happen, and be done with and I'll still be alive and in tact. It's that realization after going through several social gatherings, that I came to realize all my worrying, fretting, fear and nervousness prior was all a waste of precious time. Time I could have easily meditated, painted a picture or gazed at nature out the window in complete serenity. So I'm hoping in the year ahead I can continue to stop living in the future to which I have no control over and try to remain more so in the present.
Old 22-12-2017, 07:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
yep had a lot f of drama hts yr u cyd say
bean roobd wz 1 thng i dnt exspct h 2 hann i did not
i no moms alz/de,m wz not goin 2 get betrr
but nxt yr be mro betrr
i feal my slf xomin mor spirtl i am
iv fond a shss shp it sell thngs i luv 1 prob id be in the all day by n thngs in it if i cud
byin my slf a brf ston braslst wz my hil litee ysaday it wz i saed no my slf on ovt sendin i did

Here's to 2018 Jo

Peace & blessings,
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 22-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Hi ocean breeze. I would say the biggest changes that have come over me is just the knowing that a major event that I traditionally would be very uncomfortable and anxious over, will come, happen, and be done with and I'll still be alive and in tact. It's that realization after going through several social gatherings, that I came to realize all my worrying, fretting, fear and nervousness prior was all a waste of precious time. Time I could have easily meditated, painted a picture or gazed at nature out the window in complete serenity. So I'm hoping in the year ahead I can continue to stop living in the future to which I have no control over and try to remain more so in the present.

So true Blackraven...your peace of mind is priceless.
I still feel pretty disturbed about many of the happenings over the past year hahaha but yes I totally get you So far, still here!

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 22-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Master
I am definitely freer and more detached than I was this time last year. I have stopped looking at myself as “consciousness” and have begun to see myself as spaciousness, as this is what I am now experiencing.

Like breathing, we inhale, hold-on, and we exhale, let go, we contract and we expand, and I am in a phase of expansion; which is rather odd because this year I downsized and simplified my material possessions, but my expansion is not material.

I now view my human body as a shell that I occupy and have realized that most of what ailed me in the past, physical or otherwise, was due to stress; friction which impeded my energy. The more I de-stress the lighter and freer I feel and more expansive I become.

I now see myself as open space and also as the objects that are contained in open space. Although the open space which I am feels more pure, clearer, and definitely more transparent, than the objects contained therein, including my physical body, which I now see as a living object.

When I turned 30-years old, I saw myself for the first time as a “creature” and that scared me, but now at age-70 I view a creature as a “creation” which I can mold and shape without any fear. I used to be afraid of life and also afraid of death; a horrible place to be.

But now I see life and death as one and the same; in human death life will leave my body and I know that is me leaving, for I am life. People ask me “how are you doing” and I usually reply, life is beautiful, and some will say I did not ask you about life I asked how are you doing. They do not realize that life is not what we do rather life is what we are.

Constantly traveling through transformations and we call those transformations “journey," or death, etc. Time is a shadow play of darkness and light, night and day, image and substance, and what we call the end of a year exists mostly in our minds. Nevertheless, the currents and cycles of what we call “life” has an important relationship with what we call “time.”

There is much yet to come forth from the womb of time, as we mark the end of a year it is wise to realize that endings and beginnings are one and the same; for with each ending comes a new beginning and with each beginning comes an ending; it is the nature of transformation. Today I am more aware of my connection to life, and feel that connection to life much more than ever before in this human journey; an ongoing increasing expansive connection with myself.

Happy New Year 2018, according to the Christian (Gregorian) calendar. May the new year transform you in ways you most desire.
Old 22-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Guide

Quote:

i would notice nothing different ....... but there was a time when changes were rapid yet seemed slow ....... and could notice the changes seasonally ~
that was the time of Practice ~
when a time of BEING arrives ...... the practice drops away ...... still ...... sometimes the time of practice is the most magical time ~
Old 22-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Master
Seeing The Changes In You

Quote:

Ocean Breeze,

"Seeing the changes" in me took on a huge new perspective after I looked at a video recently, entitled "Perception is Everything" (within the 1st reference below).

What struck me about this video is its scientific emphasis on how we've been taught to perceive ourselves as being in an "outside" environment, from infancy on...is ENTIRELY WRONG. The habit of perceiving ourselves this way is, when you think about it, the very reason we have focused inordinately on "outside" means (think "technology") to advancing our civilizations. If you give yourself the opportunity to view this video, there will come a moment when you, too, will ascertain that all our approaches to our problems, seem to contain this HUGE BLIND SPOT. And that blind spot is:

....We still think there is an OUTSIDE to perceive...even after being shown how wrong that perception is at its very core!

Consider, it's one thing to be told the following (see 2nd reference):

4 What you put out is what you get back.
The "outside" is a reflection of the "inside".
Physical reality is actually a mirror:
Your physical reality is just a holographic reflection of
what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality
will not change unless you change first (change what you most strongly believe).

...and quite another thing, entirely, to truly understand that the YOU who is being addressed (or who is "watching the video") is NOT EVEN WHO YOU'VE BEEN TAUGHT TO BELIEVE YOU ARE when you look "your image" in a mirror! Or more pointedly, while "you" are reading these very words!!

Do you see? That's what I'm talking about!!

What does one do with such a discovery?

Just realizing the necessity to change the perspective of WHO I REALLY AM is, I believe, the cusp of discovering something awesome that will change everything.

Ocean Breeze, this is where I am just beginning the process of radically adjusting what I have habitually thought from childhood.

That, and starting two new Threads, entitled "Give yourself a present", and "The Garden of You", as the last two references.

All, in all, it's been a wonderful year of growth for me, that's just gettin' started on "seeing the changes" !

Hoping you, and our fellow travellers on this wonderful Spiritual Forums site feel the same!

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...02&postcount=6

Reference: http://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=111346 Give yourself a present

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=115825 The Garden of You
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 22-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Master
Quote:

I'm stronger, more able to do things that once paralyzed me with fear. More social, wiser, and in general better off than I was last year.