Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 07-07-2011, 01:44 AM
Guide
How to Deal with Evil

How do you deal with Evil in your life? Is there such a thing as Holy Anger and Enlightened Justice? Exactly how do you deal with people who are are bad/wicked/evil? And what is the ideal punishment for such actions deemed as bad or evil?

(I know Evil is a strong word. And you may not believe in it's existence. For the purpose of Philosophical Conversation I suggest you dismiss the label entirely and replace it with Bad or Wicked or etc.)
Old 07-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Rivendoah

I think it is hard to say if some one is evil... I think maybe their actions can be evil... along with the good things they might have done... I think it is always shades of gray when you look at the life of another person... even when they have done great harm to the innocent... I think about this a lot... and it seems there are no easy answers...
Old 07-07-2011, 02:16 AM
avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
How do you deal with Evil in your life?

Prayer, meditation, exhortation, law enforcement.

Quote:
Is there such a thing as Holy Anger and Enlightened Justice?

Enlightened justice, maybe. You would have to properly define it. I have a problem with the notion that broken human beings can have "holy" anger though. Holy indignation would seem to be reserved for celestial authorities.

Quote:
And what is the ideal punishment for such actions deemed as bad or evil?

Most cases actions that are simply "bad" should not be punished.. And then you would have to ask yourself what authority you have to administer whatever supposed punishment. I would assume like in the court system, any kind of punishment would be a case-by-case thing depending upon the severity of the actions.

But to negate my entire post, I believe in total and radical forgiveness. Any judicial way of thinking about evil and punishment puts me off.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Rivendoah

I agree avenger... however I do feel we have a right to live without fear... if someone who commits acts of aggression is so broken that they will continue to hurt others... then they should not be allowed to be free to do so...
Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 PM
avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendoah
I agree avenger... however I do feel we have a right to live without fear... if someone who commits acts of aggression is so broken that they will continue to hurt others... then they should not be allowed to be free to do so...

When I thought "bad" actions, I was thinking more like not flushing the toilet or not holding the door open for grandma. While inconsiderate, these actions don't really warrant immediate punishment IMO.

Most acts of aggression go beyond the mundane word 'bad', so they probably require action. What kind of action just depends on the situation.

I was also hinting that it is presumptuous to suggest that ordinary citizens could lawfully and morally carry out any kind of punishment whatsoever. Those who we have appointed to do that should be called upon to do their jobs.

I'm only describing is's and not ought's. Truthfully, I'm okay with personal revenge outside of maiming and killing.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Rivendoah

I have been witness to an act that can't be described in any other way but evil... it has changed the way I see everything... forever.... I can never really trust people I don't know again... not in the way I once did... evil is ignorance... evil is stupidity... evil is when you can no longer feel empathy or sympathy... evil is when a person is so broken that life has no meaning anymore... they can take the life of another because it is convenient... because they think it will make their life easier... and you can't turn off that knowledge once you have been witness to it with your own eyes... I am as much a victim of this crime as the people they killed... because they took away from me the last bit of innocence I was holding onto...

But I don't want vengeance... I do want to feel forgiveness... more for my sake then for theirs... it is the only way to let go of it...

hmmmmm... I said more than I intended...
Old 07-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Guide
As for me, this quote sums up my position:

"Evil prevails when Good Men and Women do nothing."
Old 07-07-2011, 02:24 AM
Gracey

Quote:
How do you deal with Evil in your life? Is there such a thing as Holy Anger and Enlightened Justice? Exactly how do you deal with people who are are bad/wicked/evil? And what is the ideal punishment for such actions deemed as bad or evil?

(I know Evil is a strong word. And you may not believe in it's existence. For the purpose of Philosophical Conversation I suggest you dismiss the label entirely and replace it with Bad or Wicked or etc.)

i deal with it as it comes and if it affects me, i recover through empathy and eventually forgiveness.
justice to me is you reap what you sow...eventaully will lead to enlightenment.
how do i deal with them? cautiously
ideal punishment is their own misery (conscious)
Old 07-07-2011, 02:45 AM
mattie

Giving 'Evil' Its Power

Move away from the entire polarized concept of good/evil. Bad or wicked is in the same polarized category.

Those who are low frequency negative energies have their own issues to deal w/. It isn’t necessary for us to take in their energy. We have more than sufficient ability to decline to share it.

If those who are negative cross over into behavior that is unlawful or violating your rights, call the cops. Don't put up w/ abusive behavior. If they are just negative energy sumps, work on establishing your own energetic sovereignty & ask why you’re inviting their energy into the sanctity of your energy field.

Looking at others as evil likely gives them MUCH more power than they deserve. Low frequency energies aren’t powerful at all. They are really pitifully weak. Our fear of them gives them the ability to scare us though. We give them this power. Organized religion (multiple ones) has worked long & hard for 1000s of years to convince us that we are powerless to evil. Disinformation. Those who are energetically savvy in these religions know that fear of anything is more than sufficient for us to remain at a low frequency. Job security for those who convinced us that they were our NECESSARY connection to the spiritual world. We now KNOW we can make this connection our self quite nicely.
Old 24-01-2019, 05:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Those who are low frequency negative energies have their own issues to deal w/. It isn’t necessary for us to take in their energy. We have more than sufficient ability to decline to share it.

If those who are negative cross over into behavior that is unlawful or violating your rights, call the cops. Don't put up w/ abusive behavior. If they are just negative energy sumps, work on establishing your own energetic sovereignty & ask why you’re inviting their energy into the sanctity of your energy field.

Looking at others as evil likely gives them MUCH more power than they deserve. Low frequency energies aren’t powerful at all. They are really pitifully weak. Our fear of them gives them the ability to scare us though. We give them this power. Organized religion (multiple ones) has worked long & hard for 1000s of years to convince us that we are powerless to evil. Disinformation. Those who are energetically savvy in these religions know that fear of anything is more than sufficient for us to remain at a low frequency.

there are some really nice posts in this thread, this being one of my favorites.

looks like this thread was recently resurrected after 7 years sleeping hehe.. well I want to add what I usually think about evil. first a disclaimer that I really don't know much about the going-ons of the complex spiritual world and other realms and all that so only speaking from a mainly mundane and personal philosophy derived from my learning and understanding of things that go on..

What I think is that by and large evil is usually akin to unconsciousness. Which is one of the reasons it's synonymous with darkness and is defeated by light. In most cases a form of evil will cease to exist when enough light is shed or cast on it. generally it's just a misunderstanding or misinterpretation of some sort, whether the person producing it is mislead, or just the recipient is misunderstanding it. I mean besides that, people who are hurt sometimes choose to hurt others, but even that is because they are misunderstood and misunderstand how to exist properly and act from their true nature.. which may be muddled by a combination of other misunderstandings and such. like people who poison themselves with whatever substance and their brain and bodily functions suffer, so they are sort of a shell of themselves and not able to behave as their true selves. and really we see a whole lot of that going on. Not everyone is as much a victim as the next person, but overall this misinformed society is not living up to its divine potential because it is not living and loving as it should.

So that is what I think most evil is rooted from. I can't speak for other dimensions and all that jazz, but here I think that the majority of cases of presumed evil could be solved and resolved with some extra light and understanding, and the right teaching so those accused of evil can realize the truth of their own path and self.. illuminated by light so they don't feel they have to suffer in darkness alone anymore. More people can help each other when paths are lit up because it's harder finding and saving people who are hiding in the dark not knowing where or how to go or that there really is anyone else out there who cares or is willing to share light. Interesting to think about auras and all that and what beautiful brilliant rainbow-filled light each individual is exuding underneath it all