Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 12-12-2013, 03:47 AM
bagua7

Shamanic drums

Hello,

Can someone recommend me an online source for purchasing a decent drum?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Master

I hate to say it but I think drums and other musical instruments for spiritual purposes should be bought only after you have actually gotten to touch them. Personally I am looking for a bodhran, an Irish drum, and have been so for a year now. I was hopeful to find one at the couple of medieval markets I visited this summer, but no luck. I will keep on looking. Two reasons for not just buying one online: First of all I want the right individual drum and not just any drum, and second some of the drums I have seen on markets in other years had skin as hard and dry and brittle as paper. I am looking for a tool, not a wallhanger.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:19 PM
LillyMoon

Go to youtube and type in "shamanic drumming".
Old 20-12-2013, 10:17 AM
bagua7

Waiting for a 16" Remo Buffalo drum. They are excellent. Here are a couple of videos showing their resonance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiuN_GBDcfs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dQQTuzF4PU

The second link the author discusses several different drums including 16" and 22" Remo Buffalo drums.

Added to the database to help others in the future.

:)
Old 20-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Free_Spirit1983

Or you could look for drum making / drum birthing workshops in your area.. I've looked for some myself in the UK and most are reasonably priced and usually don't cost much more that the price of buying a drum from a shop..

.. and what better drum could you have than one you've made yourself :)
Old 21-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
you can order drum parts n make your own from Ceder drums, pm me if you want the link . These are traditional NDN drums n the parts are sourced properly. If you make your own drum its part of you, or you can get one made for you by a drum maker, if you do make sure its transferred over to you energy wise as each drum has a spirit this should be done once the drum is given to you but some people just make drums these days not using traditional ways .

Makoiyi

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!