Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 22-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
I have had a lot of questions about this topic, but alas it doesn't come up too much. I often think that I am the male/masculine energy in the female role for this life. I've had numerous past life visions of being male for the most part, one or two that were female. And, although I've never had any tendencies of homosexuality to speak of, there are times when it appeals to my imagination (nothing more). I even had a short period a couple of months ago when, for about a week, I had dreams and visions and feelings about my tf's wife. Yeah in THAT way. I was very confused. I think now that it could be part of that balancing act. Sexuality is a very powerful energy and while mostly physical, it stirs up and draws on emotional energy as well. Making it even more important as far as all of this is concerned. I think sexuality and gender roles and masculine/feminine energy is vitally important in figuring out the tf purpose.
Old 23-02-2013, 12:34 AM
Iseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raineco
That being said, the "norm" is never as common as many assume. It's possible some men in TS couples are female souls & vice versa, and would never know it; but by the same token just cuz a man in a hetero couple seems to be more emotional or clingy that doesnt make him a female spirit... maybe what's most really unclear to us or deserves some scrutiny is what behaviors are more masculine and why? How do you know someone is very feminine and not in touch with her masculine side? Is it just because she wears a dress or has a dipsy voice? What we think of as behaviors expressing feminine... aren't these 90% what the current time and place has taught people to see as feminine? Probably less so for those on this forum as of course we read more stuff on spirituality etc- but still basically true.

Agree with the above--it's important that we step away from the idea that cultural definitions of gender identity are somehow objective, scientific maps of human behavior, when in fact it's, well, a cultural definition. We think pink is a definitely girly color? Well, a hundred years ago it was the opposite.

I know I've mentioned before my perspective on where I sit on this spectrum, but I will say that gender identity is a very fluid concept to me, not a strict binary one. For some reason, people seem to assume that spiritual polarity always corresponds to one's gender which of course always corresponds to one's biological sex. So the majority of postings that start with "I'm too emotional and he's too rational!" are not ones I really identify with, lol.

I've done a lot of reflecting on this subject, and what I've come up with so far is that while I can see the value in connecting to "traditional" female traits (by modern western standards) that have gone unexpressed in my personality, for me on a spiritual level it might mean something rather different. I can definitely sense a need for integration, a need to bring something into wholeness, and meeting another aspect of oneself brings into focus the parts that are not being honored or expressed but that still exist within us. It's really about accepting our whole selves, where lifetime after lifetime we have chosen to emphasize parts of ourselves while locking down others. Perhaps for me, I've learned to lock down my emotional expression, view emotions with distrust, and value logic, reason, and thought over anything I feel. So, clearly, what I need is to bring that into balance.

I guess it goes without saying that my most successful relationships tend to be with people who balance me out in that area and are more emotionally expressive?
Old 23-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Mr.Whitmore

I would like to eaves drop on two twin flames discussing...........seriously....wouldnt you?