Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 07-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Pathfinder

Best introductions to Wicca?

What books best introduce Wicca?
Old 13-10-2018, 08:32 PM
Lepus

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tortoise
What books best introduce Wicca?

Here are some books on Wicca:
Wicca for Beginners by Thea Sabin
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham
Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham
Elements of Ritual: Air, Fire, Water & Earth in the Wiccan Circle by Deborah Lipp
A Witches' Bible: The Complete Witches' Handbook by Janet Farrar and Stewart Farrar

If you can only purchase one book for whatever reason I'll go for A Witches' Bible: The Complete Witches' Handbook by Janet Farrar and Stewart Farrar.

Lepus
Old 26-11-2018, 10:18 PM
Pathfinder

I appreciate the recommendations as well, Lepus, I have never read the Complete Witches' Handbook. Absolutely love what I read from Cunningham, definitely give him a shot. I enjoyed Silver Ravenwolf's To Ride a Silver Broomstick, it is helpful if you would like a crash course with activities to try.

-J
Old 29-11-2018, 03:47 AM
Lepus

Hello

There seems to be two sides in the Pagan community when it comes to Ravenwolf. The people either hate her or like her. I bought one book from Ravenwolf called Solitary Witch. Immediately I can see why many despise her books and the author. The book focused mainly on her 'spells' and how she also intends to have her readers follow through her steps. She provides inaccurate rune names and their meanings including incorrect lores. There are several mistakes in the zodiac section and hardly any mention in Wicca and its history. Many were upset when she mentioned christianity. Going further on bashing christianity. There's a lot of mistakes in her book that I don't remember. Anyway, I simply stopped reading her book. I don't plan on purchasing any of her books again. And for now I am making it a habit to read the reviews before making any purchases with any books.

I would like to quote someone whom I used to communicate here on Spiritual Forums - 'avoid like the plague all books from authors with obvious made-up names !' - norseman

And I agree with him. There are better books that covers Wicca. The books I've mentioned above is for beginners, however I would recommend getting these four in one instead of buying them separately:

Wicca for Beginners by Thea Sabin
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham
Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham
Elements of Ritual: Air, Fire, Water & Earth in the Wiccan Circle by Deborah

Or you can purchase the Witches' Bible instead without buying the other four books. But I'd say the four books are great for any starters in Wicca especially for solitary practitioners

Lepus