Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 11-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Angel1 A thread on belief systems going into meditation.

...Ok, I think there is a pebble in the shoe here.
Let's get the pebble out and start walking on foam;
soft, bunny rabbit foam
Why? Because life is easy...meditation is easy...awareness
of Spirit is easy.

What is it that is a bother or a trouble spot in meditation...?
Yes...we can address the obvious...distracting, unpleasant thoughts.

However, it goes a bit deeper....it goes to ...(((drum roll)))...
Belief Systems.

I will start simply...you must have a belief system of worthiness and allowance...acceptance...

What does this mean...

It means you know that you deserve all that God or the Universe or
the 'Whatever' has to offer you.
You must understand...that All That There Is is meant for you.
You can have anything that you want..and hopefully you
want love...wisdom...knowledge...advancement in awareness...
and all that that offers.

Ta-da! New concept for some...digest and comment.(What? Life can be easy...yes.)

Life is not meant to be a struggle ...and neither is meditation.
Bumper sticker moment.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Knower
I love meditation. I love how much calmness I can achieve through my day and I know that is a result of meditation. I can relax more. I can feel my worthiness more and therefore allow myself to relax more and enjoy in moments through the day. I can allow more thanks to meditation. That's why I love meditation. I love doing it and I love the effects I feel of it when I am not doing it.

I don't even think about meditation as easy or not easy. Maybe it's hard to understand for some, but for me meditation is pure fun It's a time when I can relax, when I can feel more, breath more, when I am tuning to love, worthiness, Source... And every time I do it it's better, more, never the same, always new, fresh...

I still get thoughts when I meditate. But I am not bothered by them any more. They are just thoughts. I so enjoy doing it that they don't bother me and I don't engage in them. Of course this came with time.... If we are not use to enjoy silence and tune into feelings or listen to our intuition, meditation can seems "hard" at the beginning... because we are learning some new ways of being and it takes a little time to adjust... But it's worth it
Old 12-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Yes, it takes a little time to adjust. Very nice post. Thank you.

Since I see this time as filled with being intimate with my Lord, Creator,
Friend...
it is about as hard as cuddling with my sig other.
I would love if those having a hard time could approach meditation as this easy and wonderful.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-04-2016, 09:40 PM
'My way' towards a wonderful meditation:
I speak directly to 'God'....(Krishna? Your Source? Whatever
is your idea, you know...)

Today...I said, "I want nothing from You.
You already give me everything.
Many ask and ask of You...let me love You."

WELL! Explosions inside.

I hope this helps someone to take into consideration
a different idea in their approach.

Old 29-04-2016, 03:29 PM
Master
I have difficulty in meditating the way I read most here do or what I read/listen to. I try and sometimes it's okay but I struggle with staying focused...that said when I'm out running or walking, I simply go into this place without even trying...I am percolating with love and gratitude. Explosions inside as MH mentions. I'm not asking or doing anything just sheer gratitude...sometimes while driving and pondering things this happens too...so while I may have a hard time just sitting and meditating in whatever way (I still try and sometimes it's okay but I don't have the success rate as when running, walking)... but it's a delicious delight for my soul when it happens.
Old 29-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I may have a hard time just sitting and meditating in whatever way (I still try and sometimes it's okay but I don't have the success rate as when running, walking)
There are streams of philosophical thought that identify two opposite meditative paths to Spirit: the outer path, the person who experiences Spirit in the day-to-day world; and the inner path, the person who experiences Spirit within the confines of their inner space. The Holy Grail story of Parsifal and Gawain is a metaphorical story about these two paths. Gawain's soul explorations take place via his experiences involving meeting people in the real world, and the events in his life that follow as a result. Parsifal on the other hand experiences one mystical, visionary happening after another. For him, everything he sees and experiences is of the spirit world: the current events in his life, playing out in the realm of spirit.

Last edited by Baile : 29-04-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
There are streams of philosophical thought that identify two opposite meditative paths to Spirit: the outer path, the person who experiences Spirit in the day-to-day world; and the inner path, the person who experiences Spirit within the confines of their inner space. The Holy Grail story of Parsifal and Gawain is a metaphorical story about these two paths. Gawain's soul explorations take place via his experiences involving meeting people in the real world, and the events in his life that follow as a result. Parsifal on the other hand experiences one mystical, visionary happening after another. For him, everything he sees and experiences is of the spirit world: the current events in his life, playing out in the realm of spirit.
Yes.
It reminds me of Narcissus and Goldman...by Herman Hesse.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:06 AM
Angel1

Ok, talking with different people about their issues in meditation...
I do think this is important to mention...if I haven't before this.

When you start...trust...whatever happens or doesn't happen...
It is all perfect and good.
No need for disappointment or frustration...show in your heart that
you trust what ever is given to you.

This way you start is such peace already...with a heart full of acceptance.

Remember what Nisargadatta said: It is the true motive that matters, not the manner.

Ah, the motive.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Master
Hmm... I hear where you're coming from, Miss H, but for me at the moment it's more pertinent to examine my existing belief systems, the ones I barely even knew I had. I've always had self-worth issues, never feeling myself worthy of love and respect, and I'd feel like I was trying to overlay a negative belief system with a positive one if I were to tell myself 'I am worthy.' So for me, right now, it feels more important to investigate those negative assumptions I have about myself, and to uncover and face the sorrow that lies at the heart of them.

I'm not saying your approach can't work for others, but for me it feels more important to recognise the illusory nature of my existing belief systems. Your last post did resonate with me, however - trust and acceptance of whatever arises are qualities I've been contemplating a lot, recently
Old 16-05-2016, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I've always had self-worth issues, never feeling myself worthy of love and respect,

.. it feels more important to investigate those negative assumptions
I have about myself.
Lemme help to get the process rolling...why, being born this innocent, cute, little baby...
going through all that you have...
would you identify with being unworthy of love or respect now.
Are you a murderer? (Just curious....bec I know a murderer. And I
happen to know he is worthy...)

Just to get the ball rolling to uncover and eliminate this belief...
because if we don't ...
this belief could go on for another 20 years, trust me!!!!

(Sorry, but, I know this is a false belief...because you are soooo
'worthy' of being loved.)....